Ranger less powerful than the competitors?

RangerB

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat in Saber
Occupation
I do things for people who need me to do them.
Vehicle Showcase

BDUb

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL 4x4, Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Funny how misinformed some people are. One nice thing though, Ford will install the tune and air filter with a warranty. This may be my next upgrade...

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
https://www.carscoops.com/2020/04/f...-the-ranger-a-boost-but-its-no-ranger-raptor/

Wow! That’s news to me! Guess someone better tell Ford to lower the specs on our Rangers. ?

If you’re thinking of flaming this article, don’t bother. Comments are disabled for some reason...?
More Fake Reporting. Just like Motor Biscuit....pure junk reporting by writers with their heads up their behind...

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Hack_Actual

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Haven't we already had our eyes bleed by reading another article about how awful the Ranger was and an article in which our very own Phil was "qouted" by this website?

FAKE NEWS!

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 2023 Escape PHEV
Haven't we already had our eyes bleed by reading another article about how awful the Ranger was and an article in which our very own Phil was "quoted" by this website?

FAKE NEWS!
That's good. I do feel like he is our very own Phil. Hope he stays a long time. I would be lost without the back stories.

thewhiteranger

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger fx2 and a 2019 Subaru Outback
Occupation
medical
love the Phil stories...... and I don't care what the magazines etc say this is a great truck and has plenty of power for me. I drove chevy, gmc and tried the Toyota before the ranger the Honda was just to damn ugly.

Mobius97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat Fx4-Lotus Evora-Lotus Elise-BMW X7 M
Oh Car Scoops....most of their articles are trash. I've read many in my day and always end with a raised eyebrow and a face palm. I guess the bigger question is..... why do I even bother to read them. Glutton for punishment I guess.

llm.flyfisher

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Range crew cab XLT
My little Ranger has adequate power for what I need to do so far. Admittedly not a diesel beast of a truck, and Ford does not present it that way. It is marketed as a personal use light duty vehicle, and it does that pretty well. I would say (personal opinion here) that if one really does need to tow 7500 with any regularity, buy a F150. Same as a need to tow 10k+, should really be in a Superduty. Just common sense really.

Anyway so far, my little Ranger has been a good truck, and should be able to tow my approximately 1000 lb boat, motor, and trailer OK. And get me to work and everywhere else pretty well. So all good here...

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Since I work at a Ford dealership I took it upon myself to ask every Ranger owner what they came out of and what they liked compared to the other truck thy came from. I have talked to 2 or 3 so far. 1 from a top of the line GMC Canyon and one from a Tacoma. Both said they didn't even compare!! that is what they liked about them!! I myself came out of a Nissan Frontier. the only complaints I had with the truck was the fuel mileage(wanted a little better) and the turning radius(started making a joke on haw a tractor trailer has a better turning radius). All in all I got what wanted. now the Frontier was a 2wd and the Ranger is a 4wd. trying to compare that is like trying to compare a Yugo to a Rolls Royce.... they is no comparison lol.

Spiritfish

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 Supercab, Lightning Blue
The guy that I smoked who was trying to squeeze me out of a freeway onramp lane should read this article the thread is about...I'm sure he will feel much better about getting passed by the lowly 4 banger. LOL PS...he was in a Tacoma

thewhiteranger

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger fx2 and a 2019 Subaru Outback
Occupation
medical
Since I work at a Ford dealership I took it upon myself to ask every Ranger owner what they came out of and what they liked compared to the other truck thy came from. I have talked to 2 or 3 so far. 1 from a top of the line GMC Canyon and one from a Tacoma. Both said they didn't even compare!! that is what they liked about them!! I myself came out of a Nissan Frontier. the only complaints I had with the truck was the fuel mileage(wanted a little better) and the turning radius(started making a joke on haw a tractor trailer has a better turning radius). All in all I got what wanted. now the Frontier was a 2wd and the Ranger is a 4wd. trying to compare that is like trying to compare a Yugo to a Rolls Royce.... they is no comparison lol.
I drove all of them and was THIS close to buying a canyon but the ranger was a lot more comfortable and just felt better and yes I think the little turbo is pretty powerful, I haven't tried to tow yet but this truck fits my needs better than the rest. There are a few little things I hope they update in a few years but I really do love my new truck.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
I drove all of them and was THIS close to buying a canyon but the ranger was a lot more comfortable and just felt better and yes I think the little turbo is pretty powerful, I haven't tried to tow yet but this truck fits my needs better than the rest. There are a few little things I hope they update in a few years but I really do love my new truck.
I haven't told you it with my truck either. I'm sure the towing will do just fine as it is set up to do so. I have towed with my frontier in the past before it was just a 4.0 V6 with a 5-speed automatic. There was a light load it really didn't have a problem. If it was a heavy load it could do it but you notice the struggle when you were on a good-sized hill.

RVA Overland

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
I have driven most of the competitors, albeit through rentals, but I really enjoyed the Ford the most. I did like the frontier also though. I have towed my boat a couple of times now. The combo is anywhere from 3500 to 5000 lbs depending on what is in the boat. Last time I towed I had a full rear of the truck also so I was a bit overloaded, but the truck still did great. Had no issues pulling or stopping the load. I love the way it downshifts when slowing also. great design.
Sponsored