jubreunig

First Name
Juergen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Today I finished my glove box light. The Chrysler 300 switch fits almost perfect. I stole the power from the right power outlet with power thefts. It get's power without key if you switch the radio on or permanent if the key is in the ignition switch - perfect for my using.

The switch needs only a little bit trimming, The hardest part was to get off the two trim parts left and right from the power outlets, they sit very firm.

I got the switch with cable on the junk yard for 5 bucks

power supplier
6E9524FA-99C2-47FE-9C5F-0D654E41B0CB.jpg

uncut switch
IMG_0024.jpg
IMG_0025.jpg
IMG_0047.jpg
Sponsored

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
After much research and a few parts purchased that didn’t work I finally got the Ford parts to add factory LED to glove box.

Lamp assembly number is EB3Z-14413-AA

Cable with connector 8U2Z-14S411-LA

cable comes with 3 wires as this connector also works for ambient light LED’s that go in foot wells. Only need 2 wires for the install so middle wire gets cut for glovebox. Not sure yet if polarity is a factor during install but will figure that out using a 9V battery on the contacts! Now got to get the damn damper I got shorted on ?

Traneman

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX 4x4
After much research and a few parts purchased that didn’t work I finally got the Ford parts to add factory LED to glove box.

cable comes with 3 wires as this connector also works for ambient light LED’s that go in foot wells. Only need 2 wires for the install so middle wire gets cut for glovebox. Not sure yet if polarity is a factor during install but will figure that out using a 9V battery on the contacts! Now got to get the damn damper I got shorted on ?
Same light is used for the footwell?

CashSeeAO

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Semi-retired engineer

What is the cable (8U2Z-14S411-LA) connected to? I assume the glove box light turns on without having the ignition key inserted. Is this correct? Thanks.

Last edited:

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
What is the cable (8U2Z-14S411-LA) connected to? I assume the glove box light turns on without having the ignition key inserted. Is this correct? Thanks.
Connector comes with 3 wires although 2 outside pins are only used. They do have polarity so I used a 9V battery to figure that out without blowing the LED. As far as hookup. Wires come about 12 to 15” long so will find the hot behind center dash to splice it in. Was thinking about tapping 12V cig connectors but want a live feed once doors open. So need to verify if that is the way to go

floormonkey

First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger xlt fx4
Occupation
x-ray tech
Connector comes with 3 wires although 2 outside pins are only used. They do have polarity so I used a 9V battery to figure that out without blowing the LED. As far as hookup. Wires come about 12 to 15” long so will find the hot behind center dash to splice it in. Was thinking about tapping 12V cig connectors but want a live feed once doors open. So need to verify if that is the way to go
you could use an add a fuse. easy + and you can choose a fuse that activates when the doors open so you can have that "factory feel". thanks guys on the part numbers. i have an xlt that i want to add the light too as well.

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
Hay, I have one of those mods...also have modded the cubbie in front of the shifter and the center console with the same thing !!!
This is the backup light that I keep in the dash storage compartment! :like: ...

Backup light.jpg

Last edited:

Ranger64058

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
I bought the switch/light from Ford and it's easy to install. My question, exactly where did you find the "random wire," what parts do I have to take off to get to it? If it's the correct wire for the light, I would rather use it than patch the light in for power elsewhere.

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.