First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Data Engineering Manager
I got my Dirk made console insert today. I had already ordered the Car Wireless charging pad, the QC 3.0 USB, and the fuse pigtails (same ones as superbren), and the Android Auto Wireless. Here is something that I decided to try instead of figuring out where to screw the QC 3.0 USB in - I used a spare flat magnet which goes to like a medicine cabinet door.

I used the adhesive back to stick the magnetic part to the back of te QC 3.0 and in the space where there is a gap I stuck it to the metal there.

20240131_175854.jpg

I decided to use the exsiting mount bolt there (yes I re-locktite'd it) and in doing so was able to make a nice clean hidden install without really any extra screws.

The Android Auto Wireless dongle is tucked up kind of to the right the the steering column on the metal cross beam there. I used the double stick that came with it, but would've used a magnet for it too if I had more than one on hand.

20240131_175905.jpg

All-in-all about a 30 minute install if you have all the tools in hand (a drill, a 5/16 (? I think) socket bit, and wire stripper/cutter/crimper)

Going to be so great for my trip down to NV; I got rid of a mount that put my phone up in front of my screen.

20240131_175807.jpg

Big shout out the DIrk for the super fast turn around and Superbren for the pointers!

Parts List:
Dirk's Console mount
Magnet for AA Wireless and QC 3.0
QC 3.0
Fuse Taps
Wireless Charger
Anroid Auto Wireless (Optional)

Tools Recommended:
Drill
5/16 (? I think) Socket Bit
Combo Wire Cutter/Stripper/Crimp

ETC: 30 minutes
Cost of Parts other than mount: Min - $45 / Max - $125
Sponsored

DirkM

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 2021 Audi Q5 PHEV
I finally had the time to work on the Qi2 bracket and I think it's looking good. I picked the Anker MagGo Magnetic Wireless Charger because it's Qi2 certified, available in black and white and I was able to hide the cable which was not possible with other Qi2 chargers. For now it seems that iPhone 12 and newer are the only Qi2 compatible phones but now that the Qi2 standard has been finalized, new Androids supporting Qi2 should not be far behind.
IMG_0984.jpeg
IMG_0979.jpeg
IMG_0986.jpeg

ControlNode

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Civic "2000S"/16 Focus RS/21 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Computers
Would be really cool if that cubby had an angle that fit an ear buds case and a Qi pad in there too.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
@DirkM suggestion for future products: vent holes. I use a wireless AA adapter under the charging pad, and it gets hot as hell down there. I think the wireless charger also adds some heat. I'm planning to try drilling some holes, but designing in some slots would probably look nicer.

DirkM

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 2021 Audi Q5 PHEV
Would be really cool if that cubby had an angle that fit an ear buds case and a Qi pad in there too.
What kind of ear buds is everybody using? The AirPods Pro case fits in there.

ControlNode

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Civic "2000S"/16 Focus RS/21 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Computers
What kind of ear buds is everybody using? The AirPods Pro case fits in there.
I have the Pixel Buds Pro. I was just thinking instead of a "flat bottom" cubby on the left, one that is deeper at the front and shallow at the back so to remove the ear buds case you just kinda pull it back towards you it is slides up the ramp and out. On that ramp have a Qi charger for the ear buds case. Phone of course on the flat Qi charger.
Sponsored

Last edited: