First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 White Lariat FX4
Occupation
Electrical test technician
I jut did the same a few weeks ago for a bunch of wires, but from the passenger side. It' very easy from the passenger side to run the wires, but you have the extra step of dropping or removing the glove box. I removed mine because it's only 2 slide pins that hold it in, and was easier to just get it out of the way. The worst part was reaching up to disconnect the damper, but I don't think 22's have it, so even easier. Oh, nd my passenger seat was also out, so I could lay down on the passenger floor to see what I was doing up there.

The first group of wires I sent a single 14G wire in the front right hole (my red arrow) and it has easy pass through above the dash vent, then it's wide open up there. You may need a grabby tool or hook of some sort to reach up and grab it, ten attach your other wires and fish them up.

The second set of wires I used springy, reachy, grabby, flexi-tool thingy, and sent it in the rear right side hole (yellow arrow) aiming it toward the back of the truck and to the passenger side. It fed in very easily and popped out beside the glove box. This one was even easier, didn't even need to lay down to see it hanging in the center area, to the left of the glove box opening. Attach wires and gently pull them up. One wire had a bulky end connection, so I wrapped that in tape to prevent it catching on any of the plastic edges.

You may be able to use the flexi tool on the driver' ides well, I haven't looked up there, but it's pretty easy to run the wires under the dash to the passenger side and up.

loI8bcE.jpg

4FSgS5t.jpg

0awMTNz.jpg
Looks great. Thanks for the advice.
Sponsored

LevittownFordParts.com

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
LevittownFordParts.com
Vehicle(s)
All Ford's
Kinda off topic, but isn't that where the Tremor auxiliary switches go? Anyone know if the switch panel can be bought separately, possibly w/ wiring? Didn't realize that panel was removable. I'm planning auxiliary lights and stuff in the future and I would really love an OEM setup.

Maybe Benny @LevittownFordParts.com has more info. 😁
The panel and switches can be found here
https://parts.levittownfordparts.co...ranger-tremor-dash-switch-panel-hb3z2104338aa

I cannot confirm yet but I believe the harness is integrated into the IP harness and is not an overlay separate harness.

- Benny

12Bravo20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
retired

OP
OP
SD4160

SD4160

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 White Lariat FX4
Occupation
Electrical test technician
Ok, so I'll confirm going towards the glove box is the easier route. I had no luck going towards the driver side, at least not with my patience, or lack thereof.

20230908_095300.jpg

Popped the glovebox down and saw might light from beneath immediately, had it fished down in about 15 seconds. Then past the other end through an easy opening right behind the A/C control panel towards the driver side.
20230908_095311.jpg

Used this to snake my wire up and through.

20230908_095707.jpg

Tapped a hole in my dash tray for the camera screen power plug, might go back with a grommet to clean it up

20230908_101209.jpg

Happy with my end result up top. Still need to finish wiring to camera and power, and switch.
20230908_103912.jpg

Thanks for all the input everyone.

donsmith

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Television cameraman and video editor
I'm looking to get some wires from the dashboard tray to somewhere below the steering wheel.
From here...
20230905_193427.jpg

To anywhere here.
20230905_193450.jpg

Is there a way to fish the wire down/up without have to remove any additional dash pieces?
I was taught to buy very long tie wraps. Non-conductive. Easily flexes around turns. I use my three-foot tie wraps to snake through my Goldwing bike and they work great.
Sponsored