First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Why Peoria though of all places in AZ.?? Lol why not Gila Bend edition or the Flagstaff edition ????
It was at Peoria Ford. I'm sure those other dealers have their own " Performance Package" with a hefty markup. :curse:
Sponsored

JimG_AZ

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4
imagine the markup in Scottsdale. ?
I have been getting quite a few calls from dealers lately and as I recall, Chapman Ford in Scottsdale is @ $1650 for their dealer adds. LOL - they were not offering the Performance package, but they were offering the KARR alarm system. BTW, just got a call today from a sales manager at Peoria Ford trying to get me to order a 2022 FX4 or Tremor. They now claim they will do a 2022 Ranger order with X-Plan and no dealer adds. I am not totally opposed to dealer adds, as I would actually be willing to pay a dealer fair market price for window tint and a spray in bedliner.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Did it work?:LOL:
lol not with me it didn't. :wink: Although I spent the good part of the day there going back and forth getting them down in price.?

SteveRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Carbo Gray Crewcab
Occupation
Laborer Extraordinaire
I benefited from the market when I sold my Focus SE for about 40% more then what it was worth. Good thing is I have more of a down payment on my Xplan truck.

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat CC Black FX2 (Wife's), 2017 Rubicon 2d
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
Crazy automotive market, just like the housing market around here. I personally don't like the Santa Cruise, especially after seeing a white one in person in town and it's a Hyundai to boot.... It's just a cheaper Honda Ridgeline... The markup on them locally has gone through the roof!

I remember in the late 90's, when the, then New Beetle was double/triple the MSRP! People were paying $40k for those damn things and now, they're $500 used everyday, LOL!

Co-workers told me I was stupid to buy a new 2021 vehicle, but I think for $36k, with the options I wanted on my Ranger, I got a much better deal than some people. I don't think I have $50k in it, even with all the mods I've done so far, LOL!

EDIT: In 2004, I bought a new '04 Ford Ranger Super Cab (4 door), Black, 2wd Edge, with the 3.0 V6 (way under-powered), 5 speed auto, for $22,500

So, almost 20 years later, pretty much the same truck isn't even double the price, so I do believe some prices are still reasonable, but some dealer/private party markups are BS these days...

Last edited:

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
I can't complain....my 2021 Lariat Supercab stickered at 38,135, loaded out. Smallish local dealer, Ford's only. No dealer markup or add-ons...no discount on price, but did have 1500.00 in incentives.
They did give me a generous amount for my 2009 Ranger, 13,500.00 in trade.
And a few weeks later sold our 2013 Subaru Crosstrek to Carvana for almost 21,000.00....8,000.00 more than I thought it was worth.
So, I feel in the end, I made out pretty good.

ArchitectThom

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Architect
imagine the markup in Scottsdale. ?
I was curious, so I went into Chapman Ford off the 101 and Indian School to built out my ideal Ranger Lariat and they marked that thing up by more than $10k. They wanted more than $56k to build one. I laughed at them and left.

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
I have been getting quite a few calls from dealers lately and as I recall, Chapman Ford in Scottsdale is @ $1650 for their dealer adds. LOL - they were not offering the Performance package, but they were offering the KARR alarm system. BTW, just got a call today from a sales manager at Peoria Ford trying to get me to order a 2022 FX4 or Tremor. They now claim they will do a 2022 Ranger order with X-Plan and no dealer adds. I am not totally opposed to dealer adds, as I would actually be willing to pay a dealer fair market price for window tint and a spray in bedliner.
Get your own aftermarket window tint. Dealer tint is not much more than just darker windows. Doesn't repel the heat much, which is what we need here.
Having my windows tinted next month by Cactus Window Tint in Scottsdale...because apparently I have more money than brains too ;)

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Get your own aftermarket window tint. Dealer tint is not much more than just darker windows. Doesn't repel the heat much, which is what we need here.
Having my windows tinted next month by Cactus Window Tint in Scottsdale...because apparently I have more money than brains too ;)
You know that everyone calls Scottsdale Snobsdale so it's fitting to say most who live their usually are willing to overpay for stuff. If a dealer is marking up a vehicle 10K-30K then anyone buying it does have more money then brains. ? There's not much out there I'd consider worth that markup.

Besides, we all know you're rich...... and smart. :wink:

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat - 2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
Who in there right mind would drop 50k on this baby truck. Have to love supply and demand
Screenshot_20211221-210655_Chrome.jpg
I drive a Hyundai Kona Ultimate as my daily commuter. I really love that car a lot and I absolutely love the look of the new Santa Cruz. I looked into these vehicles recently and could not believe how much it cost to get into a turbocharged model. I think it takes about $38K just to get the turbo engine.....nuts!
Sponsored