Azure gray metallic tri-coat cost is insane!!!

Garemlin

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Just got done talking to my dealer on a mock build. The upcharge for the new azure gray metallic tri-coat is $995!! I fully expected an upcharge. But that is crazy!!!

62F34524-169D-44AD-BCCF-7A78BB3CEED9.png
Sponsored

Last edited:

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Just got done talking to my dealer on a mock build. The upcharge for the new azure gray metallic tri-coat is $995!! I fully expected an upcharge. But that is crazy!!!
that is a decent chunk of change but at least its not like the f150 and others where along with an upcharge you need to bump to a higher package, it varies but most special colors range from 600 to a grand like that one, unfortunately its nothing new

Blmpkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ranger
That's relatively cheap for a fancy color option.

If you want your audi in 'the special color' it's gonna cost you like.. almost 4k for a smaller car and closer to 5k for one of their large cars or SUVs lol.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman

If you want your audi in 'the special color' it's gonna cost you like.. almost 4k for a smaller car and closer to 5k for one of their large cars or SUVs lol.
That's for basically a color of your choice though, right?

OP
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator

I am fully aware there are pricier color options on other makes and models. I was just going in comparison to Cyber Orange and Hot Pepper were.

LB'sTremor

First Name
Loren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Iconic Lariat Tremor
Occupation
IT
interesting note on Ford Build site it looks like Cyber Orage you have to select the Tremor package as of a few nights ago

LB

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
If you think that is bad Ford charges $10,000 for over the top racing stripes to be painted on for the Shelby GT500 and $1000 for the same as a vinyl decal.

I put the Shelby stripes on my 17 Mustang, the vinyl stripe kit cost me $80.

Blmpkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ranger
That's for basically a color of your choice though, right?
Yeah shit your right I think, I was thinking it was just a couple fancy colors a year but apparently there's like 56, and flat colors too..

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
Wait till you see the "Market Value Adjustment" dealer add-on price. Just a warning, don't be drinking anything when you see it.
I have a 72 YO Ford in the garage, it runs. It will be my daily driver before I pay 1¢ over list.
"Market Value Adjustment" is easier spelled gouging.
I suppose that when the "Market" drops they will insist on a downward "Market Value Adjustment" after you make your best deal...RIGHT? ;) ?

OP
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Geeze people relax. I know there are plenty of upcharges for colors across different manufacturers. I was just saying I'm surprised the price is $995 azure. Which is $200 up from Cyber Orange. Both are metallic tri-coats.
Sponsored