PRE COLLISION ASSIST

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
When idiots tailgate me, I punch the "hazard flasher" button, which (usually) makes them back off right away....
If you think that works you should see what happens when the reverse lights come on. Alas! no more stick shifts!
Sponsored

woodzy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2013 Ford Tauraus
I have had the warning lights / beeps come on at least 4-5 times in the past month - all of them were in a rural area and the driver in front of you is turning right on the next road or in their driveway. You are just screaming behind them as you know there is room in the oncoming lane to move left in the event they stop the turn for some stupid reason. Never has it applied the brakes as all four times they make the turn in the expected time frame where I has plenty of clearance. I think it knows that the truck is going 60mph but the vehicle in front is slowing to a crawl. It would be cool to see a graphic representation of what the computer sees and how it starts to react.

Has anyone tested this with a cone or large piece of cardboard to see exactly how it works at like 60 mph? That would be fun to watch even if you smoked the cone or cardboard.

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
I have had the warning lights / beeps come on at least 4-5 times in the past month - all of them were in a rural area and the driver in front of you is turning right on the next road or in their driveway. You are just screaming behind them as you know there is room in the oncoming lane to move left in the event they stop the turn for some stupid reason. Never has it applied the brakes as all four times they make the turn in the expected time frame where I has plenty of clearance. I think it knows that the truck is going 60mph but the vehicle in front is slowing to a crawl. It would be cool to see a graphic representation of what the computer sees and how it starts to react.

Has anyone tested this with a cone or large piece of cardboard to see exactly how it works at like 60 mph? That would be fun to watch even if you smoked the cone or cardboard.
I've thought about testing it but haven't yet... People on here have said that some dealerships have used a cone to show but I still haven't done that. My safety lady at work won't let me test things like this at our facility w/ the cones and such we have o_O

Deleted member 1634

I know some people have tested it with cones or cardboard, but I don't think they did it at 60mph. That would be a heck of a thing to experience. I don't think it's made to come to a full stop from 60, only to slow you down enough to make it less of an issue. I think I saw that in an article somewhere where they tested to the system or from Ford itself. I could be wrong though, there's always that possibility.

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
Another reason to tailgate, so my brakes will pre-charge.:idea:

J/K haven't had the warning yet.

Last edited:

Traneman

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX 4x4
I got over 2k miles on mine and never seen a warning go off on mine.

Ronbo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4+
Occupation
Retired LEO Sgt., USAF & USA Veteran.
Vehicle Showcase

Traneman

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX 4x4
Clearly you must live in an area that has smart, safe, and sensible drivers. I’ve got under 200 miles on mine in 6 days since I took delivery. I’ve had a safety warning activate every day. South Florida drivers are the worst in the nation. I am grateful for all the safety tech on this truck. It is a literally a life saver.
I’m wondering if mine works??

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I’m wondering if mine works??
Hi,

Get a tall traffic cone and drive at this cone. The alert should activate.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Caliope

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger CC 4WD Lariat, 2022 Bronco Sport OB
My Tailgaters dissuasion device.
upload_2019-10-2_18-5-52.jpeg
Here in Illinois it is a ticketable offense to drive around with the draw bar in the receiver when not towing. You can also be held liable for the damage it does to a vehicle that rear ends you.

Ronbo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4+
Occupation
Retired LEO Sgt., USAF & USA Veteran.
Vehicle Showcase
Here in Illinois it is a ticketable offense to drive around with the draw bar in the receiver when not towing. You can also be held liable for the damage it does to a vehicle that rear ends you.
That's one of the dumbest things I have ever heard. It's perfectly legal here and if you were to crash into my trailer hitch, not only will you take the brunt of the damage, you will also get a ticket for failure to use due care.

Caliope

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger CC 4WD Lariat, 2022 Bronco Sport OB
That's one of the dumbest things I have ever heard. It's perfectly legal here and if you were to crash into my trailer hitch, not only will you take the brunt of the damage, you will also get a ticket for failure to use due care.
I agree that it is dumb. But what Chicago wants, Chicago gets.
Rearending a vehicle is an automatic ticket for failure to reduce speed to avoid an accident, even if they cut you off. Where the liabilty comes is with the insurance companies.

2.7EcoBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Screw
It's not dumb when someone tears their knee up in a parking lot at night walking between a vehicle with a ball/hitch sticking out. I think this is why some states make it illegal to leave them in.

2.7EcoBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Screw
My warning flashed and I got 2 or 3 audible beeps yesterday. It flashed on the information center screen between my speedo and tach (XLT), you can't miss it. There was no vehicle around, so not sure why it went off, but it's nice to know what the warning is.
Sponsored