PRE COLLISION ASSIST

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
Had mine come up with the alert with only 600km on it. I was well aware the car in front of me was turning as it was my sister in her Trax but the Ranger must have thought I was coming up too fast!
Sponsored

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
THIS....

You have to be traveling at a speed such that the Radar and Speed indicates a collision is imminent.

Most of the time you will get false readings when a vehicle in front of you turns and you approach at speed.

If you really want to test it you will have to have an ass pucker moment approaching a vehicle in front. If you have an XLT you will see a row of LEDS flash on the dash as a test before you start moving.
Dear Friends: I definitely had an "A.P." moment recently with the Ranger, when the guy in front of me slowed suddenly to avoid another vehicle entering the lane ahead of him. My vehicle's warning system went bananas, with beeps, flashing orange lights, and a written warning of "collision ... imminent." I hit the brakes, which brought my vehicle to a sudden, and jarring, stop, in time to avoid the predicted collision. I do not know if the brakes had been primed or assisted, but they responded sharply, and there was no collision or injury, just a bit shaken up by the suddenness of it all and the Ranger's bouncing suspension. I conclude that the system works great: with all the conditions in place, it will help you stop sooner and more sharply than would have otherwise been possible. Happy trails, Marc

Traneman

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX 4x4
Dear Friends: I definitely had an "A.P." moment recently with the Ranger, when the guy in front of me slowed suddenly to avoid another vehicle entering the lane ahead of him. My vehicle's warning system went bananas, with beeps, flashing orange lights, and a written warning of "collision ... imminent." I hit the brakes, which brought my vehicle to a sudden, and jarring, stop, in time to avoid the predicted collision. I do not know if the brakes had been primed or assisted, but they responded sharply, and there was no collision or injury, just a bit shaken up by the suddenness of it all and the Ranger's bouncing suspension. I conclude that the system works great: with all the conditions in place, it will help you stop sooner and more sharply than would have otherwise been possible. Happy trails, Marc
I havne't had mine go off, but if this did happen, sure hope the person behind you is alert, or back enough to avoid getting rear ended.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I havne't had mine go off, but if this did happen, sure hope the person behind you is alert, or back enough to avoid getting rear ended.

That's my fear the way people tailgate here. They're so close you can't even see their headlights and most times yapping on the phone too.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
I think you can turn it off, or just leave it as a warning?

Robert Jay

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT and 2008 Porsche Carrera 4S
Occupation
Retired Antique Dealer
I drove from New Jersey to Kentucky via the southern route with lots of curves and mountains. It went nuts on 2 occasions going around a curve on the left lane when cars were in the right lane but technically in front of me. Also happened in Jersey once when someone turned off and into a drive and stopped while I was in the right lane. The AI thought I was going straight and went nuts.
I’m I the only one with this issue?

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
That's my fear the way people tailgate here. They're so close you can't even see their headlights and most times yapping on the phone too.
When idiots tail gate I slow down pull over. I dont want to be close to idiots.

woodzy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2013 Ford Tauraus
I'm a bit confused - the system will save you by not hitting the person in front of you but you are concerned about the guy behind you not being alert. So, it would be better to hit the person in front of you and then the guy behind hits you from not being alert.

Deleted member 1634

I'm a bit confused - the system will save you by not hitting the person in front of you but you are concerned about the guy behind you not being alert. So, it would be better to hit the person in front of you and then the guy behind hits you from not being alert.
I don't think he's saying it's an either/or situation. He's just saying it would suck to have all this nice fancy life saving stuff help you stop, then to just get in an accident anyways because someone else is following too close behind you and rear-ends you. More of a comment on stupid people on the road than anything else I think.

Traneman

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX 4x4
I don't think he's saying it's an either/or situation. He's just saying it would suck to have all this nice fancy life saving stuff help you stop, then to just get in an accident anyways because someone else is following too close behind you and rear-ends you. More of a comment on stupid people on the road than anything else I think.

That is correct.

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
I drove from New Jersey to Kentucky via the southern route with lots of curves and mountains. It went nuts on 2 occasions going around a curve on the left lane when cars were in the right lane but technically in front of me. Also happened in Jersey once when someone turned off and into a drive and stopped while I was in the right lane. The AI thought I was going straight and went nuts.
I’m I the only one with this issue?
How is it an issue? You are going straight toward the object when it's looking forward, is your setting to the minimum so it doesn't look so far ahead. In my Explorer mine used to go off on a very sharp curve and narrow road, yes until I actually changed direction it was as if I was going to hit the guard rail. Mine has gone off a few times in my Ranger when someone has slowed unexpectedly. Check your sensitivity settings and see how it does, I myself have it set at the most sensitive. This device is only an assist and you can always turn it off. If I drove at the proper following distance every second of my drive and knew the actions of others ahead of time then I know it wouldn't go off. I myself have been distracted when talking to people in my vehicle so I know I'm not a perfect driver and I appreciate the technologies that are being developed.

Ranger Danger

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger FX-4 Off-Road BLK PKG Cactus Gray
Occupation
Stay at home puppy daddy
Mine alerted me last Friday to a girl on her phone coming up too fast behind me...glad she stopped and interesting that it gives me seconds to avoid a rear-ender if I can get out of the way. The Tacoma does not offer this level of saftey or the true parking assist from front alerts to side alerts...