MrEd8a

First Name
ED
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Okay so I set it up everything is on however I do not see it working, I have approced vehicles close enough to make it sound or the screen go red and nothing is happening, I checked the front of the car and nothing is blocking it either, I am about to take it to the dealer to see what the hell is wrong, everything else works fin lane changing assist , back up monitors camera etc except for the collision assist
Sponsored

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Okay so I set it up everything is on however I do not see it working, I have approced vehicles close enough to make it sound or the screen go red and nothing is happening, I checked the front of the car and nothing is blocking it either, I am about to take it to the dealer to see what the hell is wrong, everything else works fin lane changing assist , back up monitors camera etc except for the collision assist
The warning is the first step. I'm not sure how close you need to be in order to activate the "Active Braking' (what I think you are expecting), but I'm guessing it has to be reasonably close. I would assume you haven't gotten to phase three. Here is the description from the manual:

If your vehicle is rapidly approaching
another stationary vehicle, a vehicle
traveling in the same direction as yours, or
a pedestrian within your driving path, the
system provides three levels of
functionality:

1. Alert
2. Brake Support
3. Active Braking
Alert: When active, the system provides a
flashing visual warning and an audible
warning sound.
Brake Support: Assists the driver in
reducing collision speed by preparing the
brake system for rapid braking. Brake
support does not automatically activate
the brakes, but if the driver presses the
brake pedal even lightly, brake support
could add additional braking up to full
force.
Active Braking: Active braking may
activate if the system determines that a
collision is imminent. The system may help
the driver reduce impact damage or avoid
the crash completely.

Lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe/Tundra/Fusion
Subaru dealer by me uses an orange construction cone for demo. Find one and try it. Wonā€™t hurt anything if it doesnā€™t work.

DHare

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat - Saber; 2020 Ford Edge - Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
The warning is the first step. I'm not sure how close you need to be in order to activate the "Active Braking' (what I think you are expecting), but I'm guessing it has to be reasonably close. I would assume you haven't gotten to phase three. Here is the description from the manual:

functionality:

1. Alert
2. Brake Support
3. Active Braking
warning sound.
force.
the crash completely.
The key may be the "rapidly approaching" requirement. If the truck doesn't sense that you are traveling at speed, then the system may not kick in as it assumes you are merely parking.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Subaru dealer by me uses an orange construction cone for demo. Find one and try it. Wonā€™t hurt anything if it doesnā€™t work.
That is a great idea. I'd kind of like to see the system in action honestly.

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
The key may be the "rapidly approaching" requirement. If the truck doesn't sense that you are traveling at speed, then the system may not kick in as it assumes you are merely parking.
THIS....

You have to be traveling at a speed such that the Radar and Speed indicates a collision is imminent.

Most of the time you will get false readings when a vehicle in front of you turns and you approach at speed.

If you really want to test it you will have to have an ass pucker moment approaching a vehicle in front. If you have an XLT you will see a row of LEDS flash on the dash as a test before you start moving.

OP
OP
MrEd8a

MrEd8a

First Name
ED
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase

functionality:

1. Alert
2. Brake Support
3. Active Braking
warning sound.
force.
the crash completely.
Actually today I had a great instance where it should have warned me or lighted up or braked, I had a car cut right in front of me in Traffic, I am taking the vehicle on monday to the dealer, I do remember the first or second day i got the vehicle I did see a red flash warning on the screen but that was about it never again

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
THIS....

You have to be traveling at a speed such that the Radar and Speed indicates a collision is imminent.

Most of the time you will get false readings when a vehicle in front of you turns and you approach at speed.

If you really want to test it you will have to have an ass pucker moment approaching a vehicle in front. If you have an XLT you will see a row of LEDS flash on the dash as a test before you start moving.
That all makes sense. Why I like the idea of testing it with an orange code. If something doesn't work right, you'll just run over the cone - no harm.

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
Will nobody think of the coneā‰ :surprised:
Actually, I was thinking about line up a bunch of cones at work since when I ask my employees to walk out in front of me and no one volunteers. :cool:

Jeffrey

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
A week after I picked up Ranger someone decided to slam on brakes at green light and turn right. I swerved around just barely missing a collision, no alerts whatsoever, took it in for service and they told me nothing was wrong. Iā€™m hopeful that I wonā€™t need collision assistance in the future.
Jeff

Glenn Cudmore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Had similar issue and also noticed that adaptive cruise control wasn't detecting cars in front of me. Dealer eventually figured out that the license plate bracket had been installed upside down causing the plate to be mounted low and the sensor near the lower part of the grill was blocked. Now it works great

Jeffrey

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Had similar issue and also noticed that adaptive cruise control wasn't detecting cars in front of me. Dealer eventually figured out that the license plate bracket had been installed upside down causing the plate to be mounted low and the sensor near the lower part of the grill was blocked. Now it works great
Same thing with adaptive cruise for me, no front plates required in Florida, again dealer tells me all is well.

Jeff

Jeffrey

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, you may have an issue. IF that happened to me the dash would light up like a Christmas Tree and brakes loaded up. It seems the speed of the vehicle has to be such that a collision is imminent if brakes are not applied NOW. You have to be traveling at a speed when the radar and obstacle is programmed to fire off the warning,
Wonder how Iā€™m to know if it will work? I read another post that said to use an orange cone.

Jeff

EcoRanger

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 301A SuperCrew 4X4 2015 Ecoboost Mustang 50 Year Appereance Package convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Mine has worked a couple of times the last time I wasn't close to anything but it was a rainy foggy morning so the bad weather conditions fooled it.
Sponsored