Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
I'm getting sound but no video.
same for me as well. audio no video. i though my work connection blocked the content
It's one of those weird phone codecs. Things like VLC can open them, but at least on windows, Firefox nor Chrome can play the video.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
I'm getting sound but no video.
Ill describe it for you lol one is me climbing a rutted out steep hill super epic and very badass, the other is me going through a mud hole behind a tree without being phased and the truck is hella dirty. The other is me driving through a pond in a claysink

CCPLuvr

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Sales
I was able to watch them using MS Edge. Great videos, thanks for posting.

DirtyBlueshirt

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
It's one of those weird phone codecs. Things like VLC can open them, but at least on windows, Firefox nor Chrome can play the video.
It's HEVC video... I was able to play on my mac with Safari... it's annoying that Firefox and Chrome still haven't baked in the codecs for it... it's not exactly new... it was first demonstrated in 2012, and Apple's had it on their phones since the iPhone 6S and iOS 11 in 2017.

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
It's HEVC video... I was able to play on my mac with Safari... it's annoying that Firefox and Chrome still haven't baked in the codecs for it... it's not exactly new... it was first demonstrated in 2012, and Apple's had it on their phones since the iPhone 6S and iOS 11 in 2017.
Welcome to patent hell - HEVC requires developers to pay licensing fees instead of producers/creators as is typical.

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1332136

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/Media/Formats/Video_codecs#hevc_h.265
1659473989789.png

DirtyBlueshirt

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome to patent hell - HEVC requires developers to pay licensing fees instead of producers/creators as is typical.

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1332136

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/Media/Formats/Video_codecs#hevc_h.265
1659473989789.png
Ah, that explains it. Microsoft and Apple have the deep pockets to pay the licensing, Firefox is broke, and Google just wants to watch the world burn (considering it works on Edge, there's no reason it can't work on Chrome)

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Ah, that explains it. Microsoft and Apple have the deep pockets to pay the licensing, Firefox is broke, and Google just wants to watch the world burn (considering it works on Edge, there's no reason it can't work on Chrome)
I think it's more likely that on windows that someone has installed the codecs (whether intentional or not) for other things, like installing iTunes for instance or something. I cannot get them to play even audio on my machine, but I have no Apple devices at all.

DirtyBlueshirt

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I think it's more likely that on windows that someone has installed the codecs (whether intentional or not) for other things, like installing iTunes for instance or something. I cannot get them to play even audio on my machine, but I have no Apple devices at all.
Yeah, the codec is a Microsoft Store download for Windows 10, but I think it's baked into Windows 11

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
I can tell you that it is not. I have Windows 11 and I can't watch the videos.
Yep, that was going to be my guess.

The HEVC extensions in the store for Win10 cost $1 because it's the licensing fee being passed along, I'd be surprised to see MS include them.
Sponsored