First Name
Lane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
I fix Pink jeeps
What was the grade on that hill? Looks really steep from the pic.
It’s called devils stair case. I’m not sure the exact angle but I’d say a little more than 45 degrees. You pretty much slide down it. Brakes can’t stop you.

California

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
It’s called devils stair case. I’m not sure the exact angle but I’d say a little more than 45 degrees. You pretty much slide down it. Brakes can’t stop you.

24-25 with a bit at 30 degrees per the video

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I HATE mud, always travel thru those spots as slow as I can... :crackup:
Hi Kent,

We teach in the Advanced Off Road course at Ford to head straight into mud and do not turn the wheel until you can bank off the other side of the mud pit...even if it is way longer than you think you need to go. Sort of a rim shot....otherwise...it is stuck city....Winch??? Help!!!!

And there is tons of technique that seasoned vets have learned.. I loved going places were "Jeep only" applied....But I would not venture with our Green Valley 4x4 group. Egos are big and experience is limited. Big ego guy in a brand new Jeep rolled it on its side..He had "tons" of experience in his own mind. Then came the upside down jeep that had to be dragged out of the narrow crossing...some $15,000 later the poor Jeep was back his garage....So much for being the expert. EX is a Has Been and a Spert is a Drip under pressure...

Best,
Phil

KNI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor 2021
Hi Kent,

We teach in the Advanced Off Road course at Ford to head straight into mud and do not turn the wheel until you can bank off the other side of the mud pit...even if it is way longer than you think you need to go. Sort of a rim shot....otherwise...it is stuck city....Winch??? Help!!!!

And there is tons of technique that seasoned vets have learned.. I loved going places were "Jeep only" applied....But I would not venture with our Green Valley 4x4 group. Egos are big and experience is limited. Big ego guy in a brand new Jeep rolled it on its side..He had "tons" of experience in his own mind. Then came the upside down jeep that had to be dragged out of the narrow crossing...some $15,000 later the poor Jeep was back his garage....So much for being the expert. EX is a Has Been and a Spert is a Drip under pressure...

Best,
Phil
„An expert is a person who has found out by his own painful experience all the mistakes that one can make in a very narrow field.“
- Niels Bohr

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Back on Drummond again

C962B572-DEB0-4810-BC90-3D74F1A410BF.jpeg

7343DADE-6476-44C4-B578-F856D2AE042A.jpeg

3236857E-37E9-42B0-8467-B9EA7FF3CA81.jpeg
I really miss my MI roots sometimes. I never made it up that far north, especially to do any off-roading, but it's so gorgeous. I'm just a little envious.

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
I can’t get up here enough
I can't say I blame you. I'll be heading to GA at the end of the month from SoCal which means MI trips will be feasible. My plan is to try and make it up there at least once/year.

Stevedbvik1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor XLT
Occupation
Retired
I can't say I blame you. I'll be heading to GA at the end of the month from SoCal which means MI trips will be feasible. My plan is to try and make it up there at least once/year.
Once a year for 6 months sounds perfect ?

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Once a year for 6 months sounds perfect ?
I've been all over this country for work, including AK and HI, and honestly MI is just one of the most gorgeous places I've ever lived. Sure, there's no mountains, but man the lakes and islands and forests are hard to beat.
Sponsored