Post your off-road pics.

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
97B00112-BB31-4994-AFA9-865027368E51.jpeg

FDC5C311-CF32-4554-AE8E-0B89102387D4.jpeg

86483AE1-FC4A-4B27-9A4A-4F59DF38D6E9.jpeg

2F732DF1-C8B9-45AA-9312-521EE366E9D4.jpeg

Found an easy trail on AllTrails. Decided to take a side road and learned how to flex. This was my first time taking my Ranger off-road and the wife and I fully enjoyed it.
Sign on your truck says "Just Married". Congrats. New wife, new truck, you're living the high life.

What is that antenna on your hood?
Sponsored

Nopalito

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Cactus Grey XLT
Occupation
Emergency Manager
Sign on your truck says "Just Married". Congrats. New wife, new truck, you're living the high life.

What is that antenna on your hood?
thanks! I’m enjoying the new truck, new city/state and new wife very much.
it’s a GMRS antenna mount, I used it today just to listen to what was going on around me.

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
thanks! I’m enjoying the new truck, new city/state and new wife very much.
it’s a GMRS antenna mount, I used it today just to listen to what was going on around me.
I can tell you from annoying experience you are going to want to mount that somewhere on your roof. Buddy of mine ran one just like that on his GX when we were doing the High Watermark Trail in January. We couldn't hear him or he us if he was in front of us and only a couple hundred yards away. The rest of us had ours on our roofs, and we could hear each other for miles. Same power units.

Pic thread:

20210102_165009.jpg

21RoushRanger

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Roush Ranger XLT
Was on vacation in La Quinta last week and decided to take the Ranger on its very first off-road adventure. Admittedly, I am as green as one can be when it comes to off roading, so I made sure I picked a relatively easy trail to navigate. After some research, I decided to run the Ranger on the Berdoo Canyon Trail starting from Dillon Road and ending inside Joshua Tree National Park. Berdoo Canyon Trail is an easy one and probably not much of a challenge to the experienced off-roader. However, I felt it like it would be a good one for me to get my feet wet.

At the beginning of the trail from Dillon Road. Takes you past some popular, local outdoor shooting spots as evidenced by the number of objects used as targets and the shell casings on the ground.
IMG_E3052.JPG

Someone was not happy with the resolution of their tv.
IMG_E3051.JPG

Best looking Ranger on the trail that day :LOL:
IMG_E3054.JPG

Shortly after starting the trail where the Berdoo Canyon Road pavement ends, there is a nice uphill challenge, which I did not feel comfortable taking on by myself. The road uphill looks much steeper in person and is full of loose sand and multiple holes.
IMG_E3055.JPG

At the top, one is rewarded with nice views and a nice camping spot.
IMG_E3057.JPG

The road down is in the same shape as the road up. Would have made for some nice flex pics.
IMG_E3063.JPG

Random pics along the Berdoo Canyon Trail.
IMG_E5857.JPG

IMG_E3067.JPG

IMG_E3120.JPG

Sign when starting the trail from inside JTNP. Can’t say that one isn’t warned.
IMG_E3072.JPG
IMG_E3073.JPG

Next to a Joshua Tree after completing the trail.
IMG_E3069.JPG

All in all, my first off road adventure was an awesome experience, and one that I and my wife thoroughly enjoyed. I see why off roading becomes an addictive and expensive habit!

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Was on vacation in La Quinta last week and decided to take the Ranger on its very first off-road adventure. Admittedly, I am as green as one can be when it comes to off roading, so I made sure I picked a relatively easy trail to navigate. After some research, I decided to run the Ranger on the Berdoo Canyon Trail starting from Dillon Road and ending inside Joshua Tree National Park. Berdoo Canyon Trail is an easy one and probably not much of a challenge to the experienced off-roader. However, I felt it like it would be a good one for me to get my feet wet.

At the beginning of the trail from Dillon Road. Takes you past some popular, local outdoor shooting spots as evidenced by the number of objects used as targets and the shell casings on the ground.
IMG_E3052.JPG

IMG_E3051.JPG

IMG_E3054.JPG

Shortly after starting the trail where the Berdoo Canyon Road pavement ends, there is a nice uphill challenge, which I did not feel comfortable taking on by myself. The road uphill looks much steeper in person and is full of loose sand and multiple holes.
IMG_E3055.JPG

IMG_E3057.JPG

The road down is in the same shape as the road up. Would have made for some nice flex pics.
IMG_E3063.JPG

IMG_E5857.JPG

IMG_E3067.JPG

IMG_E3120.JPG

IMG_E3072.JPG
IMG_E3073.JPG

IMG_E3069.JPG

All in all, my first off road adventure was an awesome experience, and one that I and my wife thoroughly enjoyed. I see why off roading becomes an addictive and expensive habit!
That's one I haven't done yet, but I've been exploring JT a fair bit in the last year or so. Warning: Be cautious if you consider PInkham Canyon. The section inside the park (the north side) is a decent trail, but as it starts to go through the hills to the south it turns into a *very* sketchy and pinstripe-heavy trail. I do not recommend in general, but Old Dale is a nice one through there, though the part of that trail that goes over the pass is quite off-camber and steep steps, but with careful tire placement is doable.

21RoushRanger

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Roush Ranger XLT
That's one I haven't done yet, but I've been exploring JT a fair bit in the last year or so. Warning: Be cautious if you consider PInkham Canyon. The section inside the park (the north side) is a decent trail, but as it starts to go through the hills to the south it turns into a *very* sketchy and pinstripe-heavy trail. I do not recommend in general, but Old Dale is a nice one through there, though the part of that trail that goes over the pass is quite off-camber and steep steps, but with careful tire placement is doable.
Thanks for the trail tips! Pinkham Canyon was another one I was considering before deciding on Berdoo Canyon. I watched a few YouTube videos to virtually scout the trail ahead of time, and something I saw in one of the Pinkham Canyon videos made me decide against it and in favor of Berdoo. Being new to the world of off roading, I needed to make absolutely sure I could do the trail in confidence.

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the trail tips! Pinkham Canyon was another one I was considering before deciding on Berdoo Canyon. I watched a few YouTube videos to virtually scout the trail ahead of time, and something I saw in one of the Pinkham Canyon videos made me decide against it and in favor of Berdoo. Being new to the world of off roading, I needed to make absolutely sure I could do the trail in confidence.
Yeah, Pinkham is great from within the park, but it's not great in the wash, it's hardly marked after all the movement in the wash and it's not an easy trail to get through.

Maple Springs Truck Trail (up to Santiago Peak) is a solid easy trail to do. If you ever come up this way and want to do some exploring, let me know, I'm generally happy to tag along. There's a few good trails in Lytle Creek that are good for new offroaders, same with Big Bear/Holcomb Valley area.

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase

IMG_E3052.JPG

IMG_E3051.JPG

IMG_E3054.JPG

IMG_E3055.JPG

IMG_E3057.JPG

IMG_E3063.JPG

IMG_E5857.JPG

IMG_E3067.JPG

IMG_E3120.JPG

IMG_E3072.JPG
IMG_E3073.JPG

IMG_E3069.JPG

Cool! Hey! I'm new too and I've only been out off roading three times. But I love it!!! And, well, you gotta start somewhere!

I'm an East Coaster, but a long time ago I got to visit my grandparents out in 29 Palms. Every time we went to visit, they would take us out to Joshua Tree National Park, and I loved going out there. On our first visit out to CA, one of my grandparents' friends took us to the park using all back trails, in a F250, at speed. IT WAS FUN! I loved climbing on the rocks back then. I also remember there being an abandoned mansion out there that some famous person had built in/on the edge of the national park.

Last edited:

Kawffin

First Name
Marlow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Cultivation technician II
Vehicle Showcase

IMG_E3052.JPG

IMG_E3051.JPG

IMG_E3054.JPG

IMG_E3055.JPG

IMG_E3057.JPG

IMG_E3063.JPG

IMG_E5857.JPG

IMG_E3067.JPG

IMG_E3120.JPG

IMG_E3072.JPG
IMG_E3073.JPG

IMG_E3069.JPG

Im a local and I love that trail, it's just long enough to have some fun and escape back into the ac. If you were there just a few days ago it would have been 117. I did this trail in my stock FX4 2 days after I got it. Got a little skid plate rash but made it through no problem.

21RoushRanger

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Roush Ranger XLT
Cool! Hey! I'm new too and I've only been out off roading three times. But I love it!!! And, well, you gotta start somewhere!

I'm an East Coaster, but a long time ago I got to visit my grandparents out in 29 Palms. Every time we went to visit, they would take us out to Joshua Tree National Park, and I loved going out there. On our first visit out to CA, one of my grandparents' friends took us to the park using all back trails, in a F250, at speed. IT WAS FUN! I loved climbing on the rocks back then. I also remember there being an abandoned mansion out there that some famous person had built in/on the edge of the national park.
Joshua Tree is definitely a fun place to explore! This was the first time I had a 4x4, so I felt totally comfortable exploring off pavement. It was cool to enter the park from a different direction and not through any of the main entrances on the paved roads.

IMG_E3086.JPG

IMG_E3088.JPG

21RoushRanger

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Roush Ranger XLT
Im a local and I love that trail, it's just long enough to have some fun and escape back into the ac. If you were there just a few days ago it would have been 117. I did this trail in my stock FX4 2 days after I got it. Got a little skid plate rash but made it through no problem.
Totally agree - it was a really fun trail to tackle and would do it again in a heartbeat. Took my time going through the canyon just enjoying its natural beauty as I drove.

We saw the hot days coming ahead, so we hit the trail last Thurs (June 10th) before the thermo shot over 100 degrees.