Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Oxford White Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired!
Vehicle Showcase
Does this count as offroading watched so many people have to get towed off the beach, even a brand new Colorado dug himself into above the doors right in front of me.
20210501_150450.jpg
20210501_150429.jpg
20210501_142310.jpg
Loving that color, jmurph. Where were you where you could drive on the beach?
Sponsored

BDoc

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 SCrew
Occupation
US Air Force, retired; now Civil Service (USAF)
Vehicle Showcase

fusseli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4 White Platinum Tri-Coat
Occupation
EE
Vehicle Showcase
The “rock tunnel” before Pucker Pass was all washed out last week. This was much harder than it looks. 4L and locked up, but on a stock FX4.

E7E3B45C-C323-4079-B0ED-54C686D47BCB.png

8AB1AA04-36CD-4667-9B01-20B97719BF81.jpeg
did you go up the rock ledge drop after the tunnel? That sucker caught me by surprise once, I was going down though not up.

taildraggerpilot

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2022 MINI JCW Hardtop
Occupation
Boeing Driver
did you go up the rock ledge drop after the tunnel? That sucker caught me by surprise once, I was going down though not up.
I drove the entire Long Canyon (uphill). The only surprise was this heavily washed out part.

TN Ranger

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Electricain
Hi Robert,

A comment here. When we taught a advance offroad school for Ford Engineers we taught them to enter a mud puddle with the wheels straight ahead and proceed through the puddle until you hit the opposite bank of the puddle and turn or avoid an obstruction and turn. You entered the puddle with wheels way to the left...Might have been better to go straight. Not a criticism...just an observation to consider on your next adventure.

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Morning Phil,
I was wondering if you knew Jason Snow? He is a photographer that does some work for us at the shop. He informed me that he does the photography work at Fords testing facilities. Was explaining how ot is secured like a military facility haha. Just a question. They seem like nice people.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Morning Phil,
I was wondering if you knew Jason Snow? He is a photographer that does some work for us at the shop. He informed me that he does the photography work at Fords testing facilities. Was explaining how ot is secured like a military facility haha. Just a question. They seem like nice people.
Hi Robert,

I do not know Jason...I have been retired for about 18 years now and likely Jason came into the picture after I retired.... Security around prototype vehicle has increased quite a bit. Cell phone cameras have caused quite a challenge from what I understand, but camo is far better than it used to be....

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired

TN Ranger

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Electricain
Hi Robert,

I do not know Jason...I have been retired for about 18 years now and likely Jason came into the picture after I retired.... Security around prototype vehicle has increased quite a bit. Cell phone cameras have caused quite a challenge from what I understand, but camo is far better than it used to be....

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
He was saying 2 guys got kicked last year because they just had their phones in their pocket. Haha can't let the secrets out.