Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 2.3L 4x4 sport
Occupation
US GOVT
Vehicle Showcase
We're is everyone thinking on mounting it? Since the weapon lays flat it would need to be in a place for quick draw.
Sponsored

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
It's not a bad price at $18.95 with free shipping unless you're buying a 4 pack. Where were you thinking of mounting yours? Do you have any room with everything else in there lol :p
LOL...I was thinking under the steering column with the grip pointing to the right...that would be out of my knee's way and perfect reach while staying out of sight from others:)

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
LOL...I was thinking under the steering column with the grip pointing to the right...that would be out of my knee's way and perfect reach while staying out of sight from others:)
I was thinking either there or on the passengers side lower console. My windows are tinted pretty dark and with the black Shield it would be hard for others to see it. I'll probably mock it up in both places first and see which one I like better.

Rene Michaels

First Name
SOLD IT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew 4X2 5' Box Lariat
Lol..... drilling holes in truck is fine but inside? I think finding a perfectly flat surface to hold the self stick might be a prob. I’ll check em out. Thanks.
3M double-side
So I just went back and watched the video on Amazon...Very impressive! I like the way the magnets are rubber coated to protect the finish and it will hold a full size 1911. :like: I swear this friggin site is going to bleed me dry....lucky this is inexpensive!

I'm always carrying OWB but I can't while I'm working so this looks like good alternative on those days. Where are you thinking of mounting it? I'm looking at mine now and thinking the passengers side might be better because I won't be hitting it with me knee. My S&W Shield is thin but my 1911 might be a problem.
So I just went back and watched the video on Amazon...Very impressive! I like the way the magnets are rubber coated to protect the finish and it will hold a full size 1911. :like: I swear this friggin site is going to bleed me dry....lucky this is inexpensive!

I'm always carrying OWB but I can't while I'm working so this looks like good alternative on those days. Where are you thinking of mounting it? I'm looking at mine now and thinking the passengers side might be better because I won't be hitting it with me knee. My S&W Shield is thin but my 1911 might be a problem.
Dave, as you well know, there are some places you can't carry. But I wouldn't want to leave my handgun in the truck without putting it in some kind of safe. Not sure if you've seen it, but this post covers that https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/thre...console-vault-install-w-pics.3757/#post-54249. The back seat floor safe option is what I'll probably do at some point.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
3M double-side

Dave, as you well know, there are some places you can't carry. But I wouldn't want to leave my handgun in the truck without putting it in some kind of safe. Not sure if you've seen it, but this post covers that https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/thre...console-vault-install-w-pics.3757/#post-54249. The back seat floor safe option is what I'll probably do at some point.
Hey Rene, Thanks,I saw that before and that's a good safe. I would never leave it unattended in my truck but this holder would come in handy for longer drives. When I'm wearing my gym type shorts for work I would just bring it inside with me. We can carry just about everywhere here in AZ and even though I carry OWB it's still concealed. :)

BHunted

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2019 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
First, let me clarify. NOBODY should leave a weapon unsecured in a vehicle nor let it be visible if possible. This is strictly for traveling and keeping it available outside your holster for comfort.

First, Sid, @Msfitoy wanted to see photos of the cover and pouch which is perfectly fine. I also mounted the new pistol magnet kit. I could not use the sticky pad part because not enough perfectly flat surface. So I screwed it in with the 4 screws provided. Pre-drilled holes first.

Depending on seasons and clothing, I carry either my HK VP9SK or my Sig P365... I have the trigger guard Crimson Trace green laser on the P365 so I cannot push it all the way down because it hits the button. But it's still secure enough.
Here are shots of both with still enough room to carry a 1911 again in the future.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
365b.jpg
sk1.jpg
sk2.jpg

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
First, let me clarify. NOBODY should leave a weapon unsecured in a vehicle nor let it be visible if possible. This is strictly for traveling and keeping it available outside your holster for comfort.

First, Sid, @Msfitoy wanted to see photos of the cover and pouch which is perfectly fine. I also mounted the new pistol magnet kit. I could not use the sticky pad part because not enough perfectly flat surface. So I screwed it in with the 4 screws provided. Pre-drilled holes first.

Depending on seasons and clothing, I carry either my HK VP9SK or my Sig P365... I have the trigger guard Crimson Trace green laser on the P365 so I cannot push it all the way down because it hits the button. But it's still secure enough.
Here are shots of both with still enough room to carry a 1911 again in the future.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
365b.jpg
sk1.jpg
sk2.jpg
Looks good. My magnet mount should be here on Friday so I'll install it Saturday. Still not sure exactly where I want to mount it but once I have it I'll have a better idea. I was originally thinking right where yours is but I wasn't sure if my knee would be rubbing against it. Then thought on the passengers side in that same spot might work too. I'm short so my seats up closer so that's why I was thinking the passengers side might work better and I still have a easy reach for it.

BHunted

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Looks good. My magnet mount should be here on Friday so I'll install it Saturday. Still not sure exactly where I want to mount it but once I have it I'll have a better idea. I was originally thinking right where yours is but I wasn't sure if my knee would be rubbing against it. Then thought on the passengers side in that same spot might work too. I'm short so my seats up closer so that's why I was thinking the passengers side might work better and I still have a easy reach for it.
Yes, by all means. Test it with your weapon in it. My knee rested against it so had to move it back a bit. I’d try keep it on the driver side. Keep passengers from messing with it. Including children.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Yes, by all means. Test it with your weapon in it. My knee rested against it so had to move it back a bit. I’d try keep it on the driver side. Keep passengers from messing with it. Including children.
So I tried a few different spots last night and really didn't like this mount. It's not really the mount itself I don't like the trigger guard it makes it to hard to release you weapon. The magnets are very strong and you have to pull pretty hard straight up to release your gun. It seems like the guard could hinder you from a quick release or eventually come lose and you really have to tug on it. Maybe not but I tent to over analyze things and that's what I see as potentially happening. I decided to go with this one here because I like the way you can grab the grip and just pull and twist it of the mount. You can also mount your gun vertical and horizontal which gives you more options to mount it in the Ranger. :)

BHunted

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
So I tried a few different spots last night and really didn't like this mount. It's not really the mount itself I don't like the trigger guard it makes it to hard to release you weapon. The magnets are very strong and you have to pull pretty hard straight up to release your gun. It seems like the guard could hinder you from a quick release or eventually come lose and you really have to tug on it. Maybe not but I tent to over analyze things and that's what I see as potentially happening. I decided to go with this one here because I like the way you can grab the grip and just pull and twist it of the mount. You can also mount your gun vertical and horizontal which gives you more options to mount it in the Ranger. :)
Don't hit bumps and take into consideration the shape/weight of the gun. Not all guns and positions you like will hold on good. Telling you this from experience.... The stinger is not bad. Experiment with different angles and make sure your seat is adjusted the way you are most comfortable....

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Don't hit bumps and take into consideration the shape/weight of the gun. Not all guns and positions you like will hold on good. Telling you this from experience.... The stinger is not bad. Experiment with different angles and make sure your seat is adjusted the way you are most comfortable....
I tried every spot from the drivers side and even the passengers side (which was worse) and didn't like any. The magnets on the Stinger hold 15lbs and the one in the link (Rymmes) hold 45lbs so for bumps and when I'm carrying a 1911 I think the Rymmes will/should hold it good.

Your seat looks to be farther back than mine so I think that gives you a better location for this mount. I didn't like the location under the steering column as that's the access door to the fuse panel and it didn't seem all that sturdy especially over time constantly pulling the gun out. Good thing was I used some velcro to test fit the Stinger so my Ranger is still free from any holes,for now. :wink:

Rene Michaels

First Name
SOLD IT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew 4X2 5' Box Lariat
I tried every spot from the drivers side and even the passengers side (which was worse) and didn't like any. The magnets on the Stinger hold 15lbs and the one in the link (Rymmes) hold 45lbs so for bumps and when I'm carrying a 1911 I think the Rymmes will/should hold it good.

Your seat looks to be farther back than mine so I think that gives you a better location for this mount. I didn't like the location under the steering column as that's the access door to the fuse panel and it didn't seem all that sturdy especially over time constantly pulling the gun out. Good thing was I used some velcro to test fit the Stinger so my Ranger is still free from any holes,for now. :wink:
You guys and your old school 1911s! (kidding) ;)

Snorebaby

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 SuperCrew, 1996 Ranger XLT Supercab, 2013 XLT F150 (Wife's), 1990 Honda Goldwing, 2015 Honda Goldwing
Vehicle Showcase
Haha...They're addicting and expensive!:curse:

My EDC is a S&W Shield :)
Very addictive!! My EDC used to be the Shield...now it's the Sig P365.

You can never have enough guns! :flag:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Very addictive!! My EDC used to be the Shield...now it's the Sig P365.

You can never have enough guns! :flag:
My friend just picked up a P365 right before Christmas. It looks like a nice EDC and we've both been so busy lately we haven't been out shooting yet,I can't wait to try it.

Every time my girlfriend asks me why I need another gun I just open her closet and point to her shoes and pocketbooks. :stop: That usually ends that discussion...lol
Sponsored