First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Machinist
I definitely don't have that. If anything, the new fangled electronic power assist steering still feels insanely light to me. But I've mostly gotten used to it, and the only alerts I get are sometimes in a long straight it'll ask if I'm awake because I haven't had to move the wheel in a while. ?
I agree it's pretty light feeling. I just find I often need to turn the steering wheel about 5 degrees more than what feels right for the corner I'm driving. I have been giving this more thought. Maybe I'm not used to having a 4x4 with its increased ride height and taller tires. Before the Ranger I drove a lowered truck, low profile tires and suspension mods designed for cornering. Hopefully I'll get used to it. Love the Ranger overall though!
Sponsored

mustang marty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger stx sabertooth , 04 stang ragtop 40th anvrs. , 66 stang fastback 2 plus 2
Occupation
A happy retired guy
Just a couple of fixes needed . First the sometimes soft brake pedal and second the bouncy ride on my 2wd saber baby . Every thing else I love about the Ranger because no other brand can better this truck .

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
A super cab is perfect if you basically want a small trunk and never ever plan to have anyone sit in the back. Haha!
I didn’t consider a supercab because I have kids and wanted real doors. I do recall someone on here saying they did a road trip with one and nobody complained.

Clump

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST former 2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
First world problem for sure, but:

I have a 2019 Mustang and a 2019 Ranger. The steering wheel control buttons are completely different. Other manufacturers keep them consistent. It takes a little while adjusting every time I switch vehicles.

Every other vehicle I've been in, including Fords, the top phone button answers and the bottom 1 hangs up. Ranger is backwards. Makes no sense!

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Every other vehicle I've been in, including Fords, the top phone button answers and the bottom 1 hangs up. Ranger is backwards. Makes no sense!
You take down a phone to use it, then hang it up when you're done... :LOL:

Rocketeer61

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Let me be clear, I am in LOVE with this truck. Looking forward to a decade of use out of her. But there are a few little things that annoy me. The window switch location is awkward being so far back. And the tail gate has a huge gap all the way around the edges I can almost stick my fingers through from inside the bed to outside with a bed cover on.

What are your little pet peeves?
---Start/Stop. Was tired of that before the test drive was over.
---Industrial strength lumbar support in driver's seat. Seriously, if I wanted a park bench I'd go to the park.
---Indecisive transmission. Pick a gear already.
---No driver's side grab handle.
---Too much tech. Way, way too much. I went to the dealer the other day and there were 7 trucks lined up outside the service department. Not a car in sight. There is something wrong with this picture.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
---Too much tech. Way, way too much. I went to the dealer the other day and there were 7 trucks lined up outside the service department. Not a car in sight. There is something wrong with this picture.
I'd guess it's that ford no longer sells cars?

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
This is the first time I recall seeing someone complain about this transmission picking a gear. I was concerned about it before I got mine, but in my experience it does a great job of picking a gear. Shifts are so smooth there are many times I don't even realize it has shifted. If you want an indecisive transmission, drive a Gen3 Tacoma. I thought that powertrain was terrible.

Unfortunately, this is the way of the future I think. I really like the tech, but to each his own - I can understand the appeal of a simple, no frills vehicle. You can't even buy a new vehicle without power windows any longer (at least not that I've seen). I remember as a kid driving in a vehicle with power windows (our cars didn't have them) was a chance for me to get in trouble playing with the windows. :LOL: What did Scotty from Star Trek say? "The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain".

Ace Holliday

First Name
Scott K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew
Occupation
Aerospace Machinist/CNC Programmer - Retired
After three months of ownership I have two things.......

1. No grab handle on the driver's side. (What the hell???)

2. The back seat does not fold flat.

Augie81

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
---Industrial strength lumbar support in driver's seat. Seriously, if I wanted a park bench I'd go to the park.
Not to devalue your complaint, but I can adjust the lumbar support in my Ranger. I don't have the Lariat with the power controls. The round knob beside the seat adjusts mine and I dialed it in to where it is comfortable for me.

Ronbo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4+
Occupation
Retired LEO Sgt., USAF & USA Veteran.
Vehicle Showcase
---Start/Stop. Was tired of that before the test drive was over.
---No driver's side grab handle.
7 trucks lined up outside the service department does not mean that they are all broken. Maybe routne maintenance like oil changes, tires, etc. Love the tech in my truck and it has been flawless from day 1. Main reason I bought a Ranger was the tech.

mustang marty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger stx sabertooth , 04 stang ragtop 40th anvrs. , 66 stang fastback 2 plus 2
Occupation
A happy retired guy
A super cab is perfect if you basically want a small trunk and never ever plan to have anyone sit in the back. Haha!
Well HaHa ? No kids do not need back seat , plus love 6 foot bed ...Ok the real reason less total weight means fastest quarter mile time . Plus it is really a BIGGER TRUCK not car like .

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 2023 Escape PHEV
This is the first time I recall seeing someone complain about this transmission picking a gear. I was concerned about it before I got mine, but in my experience it does a great job of picking a gear. Shifts are so smooth there are many times I don't even realize it has shifted. If you want an indecisive transmission, drive a Gen3 Tacoma. I thought that powertrain was terrible.
That is exactly my experience too. I am amazed when towing my 4000 lb boat. It seems to always pick the gears just right. In fact, I was wondering if it has an incline monitor of some sort because it seems to know there is a hill coming before we even start up the hill. This powertrain continues to amaze me.
Sponsored