Walkeraviator

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Crew
Vehicle Showcase
Let me be clear, I am in LOVE with this truck. Looking forward to a decade of use out of her. But there are a few little things that annoy me. The window switch location is awkward being so far back. And the tail gate has a huge gap all the way around the edges I can almost stick my fingers through from inside the bed to outside with a bed cover on.

What are your little pet peeves?
Sponsored

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Auto stop/start

otherwise perfect to me

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
Let me be clear, I am in LOVE with this truck. Looking forward to a decade of use out of her. But there are a few little things that annoy me. The window switch location is awkward being so far back. And the tail gate has a huge gap all the way around the edges I can almost stick my fingers through from inside the bed to outside with a bed cover on.

People that call their truck her and stick their fingers out their tailgates.:LOL:

Desert_5G

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
window switches are to far back. feels like I almost have to reach behind me to find them.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Auto stop/start

otherwise perfect to me

Hi Michael,

I got roped into developing a 2.0L Ranger price leader. Engine Engineering refused my Executive Engineer's request to help develop this vehicle...back in the day of the carburetor. So I was drafted to do this along with a Fuel Systems engineer at the Fuel System lab. We contracted with a Japanese Carburetor manufacture, Asian to adapt their progressive two barrel Carb to the 2.0L engine. So we got a Asian engineer, Mister Nakanishi. We really bonded on this development program and we were discussing problems when I chimed in that one of my Pet Peeves was people that leave shopping carts in parking spaces.

Mr. Nakanishi said...Oh so you have Peeve? How big is Peave and what do you feed him? We all bough a round of beer on that one! :LOL:

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engneering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Srgraham1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL STX
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Michael,

I got roped into developing a 2.0L Ranger price leader. Engine Engineering refused my Executive Engineer's request to help develop this vehicle...back in the day of the carburetor. So I was drafted to do this along with a Fuel Systems engineer at the Fuel System lab. We contracted with a Japanese Carburetor manufacture, Asian to adapt their progressive two barrel Carb to the 2.0L engine. So we got a Asian engineer, Mister Nakanishi. We really bonded on this development program and we were discussing problems when I chimed in that one of my Pet Peeves was people that leave shopping carts in parking spaces.

Mr. Nakanishi said...Oh so you have Peeve? How big is Peave and what do you feed him? We all bough a round of beer on that one! :LOL:

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
There are cart corrals for a reason.+1

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
There are cart corrals for a reason.+1
Definitely a pet peeve. If people have to walk 10 feet to corral their carts...it's too far.

samsd

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4 HPR, 2016 Town and Country, 2004 Road King Custom
Occupation
Retired
Hi Michael,

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Exactly what kind of pet did Mr Nakanishi think Peeve was?

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Exactly what kind of pet did Mr Nakanishi think Peeve was?
Hi Dan,

Mr Nakanishi thought a Peeve was a breed of Dog or Cat....not really too sure, but clearly it was some sort of pet. :)

There were many more Idioms eg. I can give you a ballpark answer....Blank stare..What mean "ballpark"?

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Definitely a pet peeve. If people have to walk 10 feet to corral their carts...it's too far.
They're so lazy here I see carts in spaces just outside the cart corral,literally a couple steps away. I expect this at Walmart but this happens everywhere here.

My pet peeve..No tailgate damper! :lipssealed::angry:

Anthony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 SCrew
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase
Pulling the door handle two times to get out of my truck.

I guess if the door is locked you pull once to unlock it and a second time to open the door. Either that or I screwed up reinstalling my door latch when installing the auto window down module. I can't remember how it was before that. :crackup:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Pulling the door handle two times to get out of my truck.

I guess if the door is locked you pull once to unlock it and a second time to open the door. Either that or I screwed up reinstalling my door latch when installing the auto window down module. I can't remember how it was before that. :crackup:
I only have to pull mine once to get out so you might have installed it wrong. How are the other 3 doors?

mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Supercab, Nissan Rogue
Auto-start stop
That damn double-honk when i get out of my running truck with my key in my pocket. Either give me a proper key and switch or stop annoying me when I use the convenience feature.

samsd

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4 HPR, 2016 Town and Country, 2004 Road King Custom
Occupation
Retired
Lack of tailgate damper or power tailgate, my wife's T and C has 3 power doors, sheesh, and lack of power rear window, really is useless on the 4 door.
Sponsored