Fleckbass

First Name
BRUCE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FORD RANGER XLT FX4 WHITE
Radio shutting off..

Was washing my truck yesterday, and had the radio on as I was washing and after awhile , it shut off to save battery... I Wasn't paying attention to the time how long it was when it shut off.

Other than that, Love everything of my Ranger. (Still shocked of how many hate their Auto Start/stop!)
30 minutes
Sponsored

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Radio shutting off..

Was washing my truck yesterday, and had the radio on as I was washing and after awhile , it shut off to save battery... I Wasn't paying attention to the time how long it was when it shut off.

Other than that, Love everything of my Ranger. (Still shocked of how many hate their Auto Start/stop!)
30 minutes
This can be adjusted using Forscan.

Fleckbass

First Name
BRUCE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FORD RANGER XLT FX4 WHITE
The left door handle hurts my knee.

Wish there was a cd player.

Radio is all midrange up front. Had to fade to rear speakers and lower mids.

What's with the big gap in tailgate?

Center console is hard on elbow.

At inappropriate times, vehicle seems to want to take off and coast downhill. This requires excessive braking or engine breaking.

Fuel smell in oil.

Wish seat had memory.

Too many buttons on steering wheel. Sometimes get in the way while driving.

The repetitive low fuel warning.

In addition, I can agree with a lot of the other common complaints.

On the other had, this is a smooth vehicle.

This is my 3rd Ranger. The '08 sport was great!

NoCoRanger

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 CrewCab
Occupation
Retired
---Indecisive transmission. Pick a gear already.
Not just indecisive, but lunging, jerking, and hard shifting (see thread "Hard shifting and not up shifting right", post #27).
Took it to the dealer and they kept it for the day and said there was no problem as "no error codes and transmission operating within parameters".
Going to escalate it up to Ford Customer Service.
BTW, Google "‘Defective’ 10-Speed Ford F-150 Transmissions Shift ‘Harshly and Erratically,’ Class Action Claims"

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
My biggest complaint right now is there is no easy way to shut off dual zone climate control if apple car play is active.

Robert Scott

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford, Ranger Supercrew Lariat
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer, retired
NO DRIVERS SIDE GRAB HANDLE !!!! Pardon me for yelling. There is NOT a truck on the market of any size that does not have a grab handle. Ford saved $6.57 by not including it in their $45K truck. Pulling on the steering wheel, especially with the truck running is a pain. It would be great to lift yourself high enough so you don't wear out the corner of the seat. Ford how about a retrofit!

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
NO DRIVERS SIDE GRAB HANDLE !!!! Pardon me for yelling. There is NOT a truck on the market of any size that does not have a grab handle. Ford saved $6.57 by not including it in their $45K truck. Pulling on the steering wheel, especially with the truck running is a pain. It would be great to lift yourself high enough so you don't wear out the corner of the seat. Ford how about a retrofit!
There was definitely a reason they pulled it out, and I doubt it was just cost (they would have had to spend money to design the non-handle trim). The early specs actually listed a driver's handle, so it seems to be a fairly late change. Maybe it was a visibility issue or something and too late to redesign.

Spence's bumper sticker

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Edge Sport
Occupation
Security Analyst + USN
---Start/Stop. Was tired of that before the test drive was over.
---Industrial strength lumbar support in driver's seat. Seriously, if I wanted a park bench I'd go to the park.
---Indecisive transmission. Pick a gear already.
---No driver's side grab handle.
---Too much tech. Way, way too much. I went to the dealer the other day and there were 7 trucks lined up outside the service department. Not a car in sight. There is something wrong with this picture.
I agree, I don't care for the tech either and I'm just accepting that's part of the deal if you're going to drive any newer-ish car or truck.

My last car was a 1990 MB 300E. Inline six, mechanical fuel injection, etc. Even 30 years old and 180k miles it ran like a top. Cruised at 90 mph effortlessly and still got 22 mpg.

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
There was definitely a reason they pulled it out, and I doubt it was just cost (they would have had to spend money to design the non-handle trim). The early specs actually listed a driver's handle, so it seems to be a fairly late change. Maybe it was a visibility issue or something and too late to redesign.
I bet it’s airbag related

Augie81

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I have another small one. I wish the crew cab doors opened a bit wider. They open okay but seem limited more than they could be.

This is more of a personal complaint based on a small issue I have. I ended up buying some folding steps to help my dog get in and out. They are 16 inches wide and barley fit. I have to use them at an angle for them to work and they almost don't fit even then. If the door opened a few inches wider it would work much better.

Even without the need for folding steps like me I imagine having a wider opening might appeal to others as well. Having looked into it a bit I see I'm not alone. See point one in this article:

https://news.pickuptrucks.com/2018/12/5-fixes-for-the-2019-ford-ranger.html

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2WD SuperCab - 97 BMW M3
Occupation
Retired
The passenger airbag light in the center above the AC controls. That must be a Goverment regulation, An annoying reminder of big brother IMO.

Last edited:

ch47dmechanic

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
I have a 2019 Mustang and a 2019 Ranger. The steering wheel control buttons are completely different. Other manufacturers keep them consistent. It takes a little while adjusting every time I switch vehicles.
Remember when the Ranger shared its steering wheel with the Mustang. Exact same controls and shape! :sunglasses:

My biggest complaint right now is there is no easy way to shut off dual zone climate control if apple car play is active.
Easy way? Just reach over and adjust the passenger temperature one degree up or down. That automatically disables the dual control based on the driver's temperature setting.

Sparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Retired
Bought 3 months ago - Still no points. Called last month — was transferred and both reps had no answer .. I was given a ticket number and told wait another month. Also I’ve not received the title yet — Plates came quickly .. But not the title. Ford is extremely difficult to get ahold of — Looks like I’ll waste another half day on hold .. .. ☹
Sponsored