keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2WD SuperCab - 97 BMW M3
Occupation
Retired
I hate the plastic tailgate protector.

I haven’t seen a aftermarket replacement yet but that’s the next farkle.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
I absolutely love my Ranger but there are a few things that just irritate me.

Let's see..

1. Auto Start/Stop - Fixed with the A/S Eliminator cable attachment.
2. No power rear window slider on the crew cab.
3. No soft open tailgate - Fixed after my 10yo almost smacked herself in the face opening the tailgate.
4. Lack of a 60/40 split and fold flat rear seat.
5. Power seats are not 8 way. They are power 6 way with manual seat back tilt.
6. Non-perforated leather seats (much cooler in hot climates).
7. No rear HVAC vents for back seat passengers.
8. Nearly useless under-seat rear storage compartments.
9 Easy fill gas cap. It just pain sucks.. I'd prefer a standard cap with a siphon block over this piece of crap. Seriously Ford, don't fix what isn't broken.

Some of these are at best nit-picky but could have easily been revised with the NA version release.

tgRanger

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat, 1988 Mustang GT, 2013 Toyota Highlander Limited
Vehicle Showcase
The gas and brake pedals are too close. I wear a size 11.5 shoe and sometimes It gets caught between the pedals. Top of my shoe sometimes gets snagged on the plastic panel below the steering wheel.

RangersLeadTheWay

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
Not much annoys me, but here are some of my biggest pet peeves...

They're vs There vs Their
Affect vs Effect
Your vs You're

You get the picture...

All jokes aside, I really would've loved a 60/40 split (with the rear seats being able to fold completely flat), as well as some vents for the dog in the back. I'm too stingy with my vents, and one of the passenger side vents closest to the screen is reserved for my phone holder... First world problems I tell you...

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Not much annoys me, but here are some of my biggest pet peeves...

They're vs There vs Their
Affect vs Effect
Your vs You're

You get the picture...

All jokes aside, I really would've loved a 60/40 split (with the rear seats being able to fold completely flat), as well as some vents for the dog in the back. I'm too stingy with my vents, and one of the passenger side vents closest to the screen is reserved for my phone holder... First world problems I tell you...
What about to vs two vs too? :LOL:

Augie81

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
For me just a few minor things.

I'd prefer if the Sync display screen was slightly tilted toward the driver's side. That is a very minor thing though.

With the power windows only the front driver's side has auto up down. So I have to hold the buttons to fully raise and lower the other 3 windows. That was a feature my old car had that I liked.

The stereo doesn't have a very good volume lowering system when parked and shut off. My old car had a nice feature that significantly lowered the volume of the stereo when parked and shut off. That way if I had it cranked up and forgot to turn it down it didn't blast my ears and startle me when I started the car again. I've fiddled with the settings that adjust volume according to driving speed and set it to max, but it still doesn't work near as well as my old car.

Of course the auto stop/start not being able to be permanently set to off without mods. I'll have to get one of those LED lights to plug in I suppose. When I back out of my garage I feel like I'm prepping for a plane takeoff. Checklist: Push button to unfold mirrors, check. Turn off auto stop/start, check. Look at backup camera, runway clear. Clear for takeoff. :)

Really after a month of having my Ranger I still love it despite a few minor things and I certainly don't regret my purchase. Overall, it's the nicest vehicle I have ever owned.

Gazmic

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Machinist
After reading this entire thread, it looks like I'm alone in thinking the rack and pinion gear ratio is way to high (or low? I get confused). I find that the lane keeping system frequently brings me back in because I am not turning the steering wheel enough for bends in the road. Owned the Ranger for four months and still not used to it. I wish there was a quick ratio rack and pinion available like the old fox bodies had.:crying:

UncleBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 2WD in Magnetic
Occupation
Retired
Definitely a pet peeve. If people have to walk 10 feet to corral their carts...it's too far.
And they are the same ones , if they found a parking lot with every other parking space a corral, would STILL leave their carts in the space they just left.

Lone

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Hot Pepper
I find that the lane keeping system frequently brings me back in because I am not turning the steering wheel enough for bends in the road.
I wasn't sure why it was, but the darn thing scared the crap out of me a few of times. I finally changed the setting to alert only. I know where the lines are. :curse:

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
I absolutely love my Ranger but there are a few things that just irritate me.

Let's see..

1. Auto Start/Stop - Fixed with the A/S Eliminator cable attachment.
2. No power rear window slider on the crew cab.
3. No soft open tailgate - Fixed after my 10yo almost smacked herself in the face opening the tailgate.
4. Lack of a 60/40 split and fold flat rear seat.
5. Power seats are not 8 way. They are power 6 way with manual seat back tilt.
6. Non-perforated leather seats (much cooler in hot climates).
7. No rear HVAC vents for back seat passengers.
8. Nearly useless under-seat rear storage compartments.
9 Easy fill gas cap. It just pain sucks.. I'd prefer a standard cap with a siphon block over this piece of crap. Seriously Ford, don't fix what isn't broken.

Some of these are at best nit-picky but could have easily been revised with the NA version release.

Totally with you on #2 and #5. A top of the line Lariat without a powered sliding rear window yet the base SR5 Tacoma has one. And you can't even reach it from the front seats.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
After reading this entire thread, it looks like I'm alone in thinking the rack and pinion gear ratio is way to high (or low? I get confused). I find that the lane keeping system frequently brings me back in because I am not turning the steering wheel enough for bends in the road. Owned the Ranger for four months and still not used to it. I wish there was a quick ratio rack and pinion available like the old fox bodies had.:crying:
I definitely don't have that. If anything, the new fangled electronic power assist steering still feels insanely light to me. But I've mostly gotten used to it, and the only alerts I get are sometimes in a long straight it'll ask if I'm awake because I haven't had to move the wheel in a while. ?

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Totally with you on #2 and #5. A top of the line Lariat without a powered sliding rear window yet the base SR5 Tacoma has one. And you can't even reach it from the front seats.
One of the reasons the super cab is the best. :rockon:
Sponsored