Owners Manual Engine Idle Shutdown Callout Missing

wildstar78

First Name
Chandler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
I opened up Fordpass today and its telling me there's a new recall. I've tried googling this but I have no idea what it means? Anyone else get this?

Screenshot_20200813-183228_FordPass.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
wildstar78

wildstar78

First Name
Chandler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wait I did find out its a field service action, not a recall

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
I opened up Fordpass today and its telling me there's a new recall. I've tried googling this but I have no idea what it means? Anyone else get this?
I received the same notice except instead of Schedule Service at the bottom, mine says Call Dealer.

Can we assume that the owner's manual needs an update? Imagine that.

I logged into Ford's website (I become so frustrated on that site) and could not find any additional information. Now I need a drink...

Last edited:

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
It sounds like if you take it to the dealer they will give you a page/insert for your manual.

WOOHOO!!! :turkey::D

quirkybar8

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger 2WD XLT
Got the message too. If it were an update to the owners manual, wouldn't it make sense that a v5 would be online by now? Nah, probably not, given how badly the manuals are being maintained. And I still can't see the manuals when I'm logged into owner.ford.com via a browser. Still works if searching by vehicle.

OP
OP
wildstar78

wildstar78

First Name
Chandler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It sounds like if you take it to the dealer they will give you a page/insert for your manual.

WOOHOO!!! :turkey::D
This sounds like a perfect excuse to get outta work "i have to take my truck in for an important recall" ?

GTHAYS

First Name
Glynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XL STX
Occupation
23 Years in Prison on the 8 hour installment plan. (Retired, intact)
I got this on my phone app too. Too late I think to call the dealer today. I hope it's only a stupid insert to the truck's manual.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Folks,

A Field Service Bulletin advises the dealers on vehicles that have a particular malady of a fix that the dealer might apply. Not a Recall or a Technical Service Bulletin. Mostly just an FYI. I agree it is a page insert into this horribly edited Owner's Manual.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

OP
OP
wildstar78

wildstar78

First Name
Chandler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi Folks,

A Field Service Bulletin advises the dealers on vehicles that have a particular malady of a fix that the dealer might apply. Not a Recall or a Technical Service Bulletin. Mostly just an FYI. I agree it is a page insert into this horribly edited Owner's Manual.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Cool thank you

GTHAYS

First Name
Glynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XL STX
Occupation
23 Years in Prison on the 8 hour installment plan. (Retired, intact)
Hi Folks,

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Thanks Sir. I knew you would have the answer, just hoped you would show up here. Thank you.

Hotworms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4 Screw Ingot Silver
AFFECTED VEHICLES Vehicle Model Year Assembly Plant Build Dates
Taurus2018-2019ChicagoMay 16, 2017 through March 1, 2019
Fiesta2018-2019CuautitlanAugust 24, 2017 through August 1, 2019
Ranger2019-2020MichiganJune 04, 2018 through July 22, 2020

REASON FOR THIS ACTION

In some of the affected vehicles with a keyless Start/Stop ignition button and the Automatic Engine Idle Shutdown (AEIS) feature, the Owner’s Manual may be missing certain information regarding the AEIS feature.

SERVICE ACTION

Customers will be mailed an Owner’s Manual insert with the information that may be missing. Customers are instructed to add the insert to their Owner’s Manual. For unsold vehicles, Dealers are responsible to update the Owner’s Manual before delivery. This service will be performed on affected vehicles at no charge to the vehicle owner. The updated Owner’s Manual insert is included as attachment III.

OWNER NOTIFICATION MAILING SCHEDULE

Owner letters and Owner Manual inserts with instructions are expected to be mailed the week of August 31, 2020.

EXPIRATION DATE

This program has an expiration date of August 31, 2021. We encourage dealers to complete this service as soon as possible.

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
AFFECTED VEHICLES Vehicle Model Year Assembly Plant Build Dates
Taurus2018-2019ChicagoMay 16, 2017 through March 1, 2019
Fiesta2018-2019CuautitlanAugust 24, 2017 through August 1, 2019
Ranger2019-2020MichiganJune 04, 2018 through July 22, 2020

REASON FOR THIS ACTION

In some of the affected vehicles with a keyless Start/Stop ignition button and the Automatic Engine Idle Shutdown (AEIS) feature, the Owner’s Manual may be missing certain information regarding the AEIS feature.

SERVICE ACTION

Customers will be mailed an Owner’s Manual insert with the information that may be missing. Customers are instructed to add the insert to their Owner’s Manual. For unsold vehicles, Dealers are responsible to update the Owner’s Manual before delivery. This service will be performed on affected vehicles at no charge to the vehicle owner. The updated Owner’s Manual insert is included as attachment III.

OWNER NOTIFICATION MAILING SCHEDULE

Owner letters and Owner Manual inserts with instructions are expected to be mailed the week of August 31, 2020.

EXPIRATION DATE

This program has an expiration date of August 31, 2021. We encourage dealers to complete this service as soon as possible.
Thanks for the information.
Sponsored