Ordered a New Ranger. After reading about the numerous problems on this Forum I am not sure I made a good choice.

Jon S.

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Super Crew
Convince me that I made a good choice.
Why do you need us convince you? You hopefully made a educated purchase first. Cancel the order if unhappy or get it and drive the shit out of it......every vehicle is compromise...... Enjoy!
Sponsored

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Don’t take our word for it. Go look at this guy. He’s already neck deep into a whole new axle, and he’s loving it.

F1B2EE5B-DBB9-484A-942A-486A071ABF63.png
I've been waiting for an update on that build. Thanks!

OP
OP
kpgreenwell

kpgreenwell

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro 2021 Lincoln Corsair 2022 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Electronic Technician
Thanks for all the reply’s. I have researched the Ranger quite a bit and have test driven at least 5. Love the looks of the Ranger and appears to be a solid truck. I just bought my wife a 2021 Lincoln Corsair and we love it. It was my first Ford product. I have always been a Chevy guy sorry. I now own a 1998 Chevy S10 and bought it new and has been a great truck the last 23 1/2 years. Hoping the Ranger last along time as well.I ordered a Lariot super cab with medium stone interior, 4x2 with side steps and spray in liner. Equipment group 501A. Carbonized gray. Just waiting and enjoying this forum while I wait. I will probably go broke modifying it with needed accesaries. Again thanks for the funny and good advice.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
You shouldn’t need convincing. Every vehicle, even the mighty Toyota’s can have their problems. I wanted a Tacoma before the Ranger, but there are plenty of Taco owners on here that have some horror stories. Sure I have my gripes about the truck, and some of the decisions Ford made, but it’s not a bad truck.

Tell us more about your build that way we can talk you off the ledge.
Boy! You dodged a bullet! :whew:

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Thanks for all the reply’s. I have researched the Ranger quite a bit and have test driven at least 5. Love the looks of the Ranger and appears to be a solid truck. I just bought my wife a 2021 Lincoln Corsair and we love it. It was my first Ford product. I have always been a Chevy guy sorry. I now own a 1998 Chevy S10 and bought it new and has been a great truck the last 23 1/2 years. Hoping the Ranger last along time as well.I ordered a Lariot super cab with medium stone interior, 4x2 with side steps and spray in liner. Equipment group 501A. Carbonized gray. Just waiting and enjoying this forum while I wait. I will probably go broke modifying it with needed accesaries. Again thanks for the funny and good advice.
You will love it.

Jon S.

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why do you need us convince you? You hopefully made a educated purchase first. Cancel the order if unhappy or get it and drive the shit out of it......every vehicle is compromise...... Enjoy!
Maybe you should consider the Nissan or Toyota….

FunInTheSun

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XL 4x4, STX, in Velocity Blue
Occupation
Engineer (Semi-Retired)
Vehicle Showcase
OP find me a vehicle forum where there aren’t tons of people posting about problems with their vehicles, I’ll wait….
This is pretty much the primary reason for the popularity of forums. Something happens to a vehicle that is a little bit mysterious, and people want to talk to others who have the same vehicle. "Is this normal?" is a typical first post for most people on ANY given forum. So... It's the Internet. Great for gathering Data! Not so great for wisdom. That's gotta be an inside job...

I love my Ranger, even though I ALWAYS have a few nitpicky complaints. I'm an engineer. On a perpetual search for perfection (given sufficiently defined conditions, and within acceptable tolerances and limits, of course...)

Spence's bumper sticker

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Edge Sport
Occupation
Security Analyst + USN
idk man. The only problem I've had is to stop purchasing accessories. Most expensive thing I've done is the Livernois ECU tuner. It was pricey but this engine is a ROCKET with the tune.

Wayne

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX Special Edition
Occupation
Facilities Director
Run, quick, cancel your order. These things are money pits! For a few days you'll being looking out the window saying, wow, what a pretty truck. Next thing you know it's whispering in your ear, "I need some floor mats", then its mudflaps and a bed cover. Soon you're contemplating a level kit. coilovers, rear shocks, bigger tires..........then the tailgate damper! Run!

Jon S.

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Run, quick, cancel your order. These things are money pits! For a few days you'll being looking out the window saying, wow, what a pretty truck. Next thing you know it's whispering in your ear, "I need some floor mats", then its mudflaps and a bed cover. Soon you're contemplating a level kit. coilovers, rear shocks, bigger tires..........then the tailgate damper! Run!
:like::clap:

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Hey, Kenny, I did basically the same thing, ordering the truck first, learning about it later, sort of like the satire of a court session, "first the verdict, then the evidence!" Since I took delivery in summer 2019, I have done a ton of mods but have not had a single mechanical misfunction of any kind. On any forum for any vehicle, there are going to be people with problems and even people with problem vehicles, but most of our members are either satisfied with their trucks or love them! Count me in the latter group! Happy trails!

Sparky2

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired electrician
I sold my 2009 F150 work truck and bought the 2019 Ranger in early 2020 after I retired. My Ranger spends most of its time in the garage and doesn’t have many miles on it, <7000. I throughly love my ranger and would get another if something happened to this one.

Only concern I’m keeping an eye on is the fuel in the oil. I changed the oil first
at about 3500 because the level was high and smelled of fuel. I am going to change again shortly and send a sample to Blackstone for testing so I’ll know the numbers. It appears that the oil level isn’t as high as it was on the first oil change which may mean the engine is still breaking in. Even then if I have to replace the oil at 3000 to 4000 intervals no big deal.

Best of luck when you get yours, like the rest of us I’m sure you’ll love it as much as we do ours.

Delirious

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
You ordered the very truck I want and I'm waiting for. If you're not happy with her, I will trade you.

Kataphrakt

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT FX4 Offroad
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer - Mirrors
It's important to look at it from the right perspective. Vehicles are incredibly complex machines that are frankly a modern miracle to even be available to the general public at affordable prices at all.
There are few industries which can take something as complicated as an automobile and then churn them out in the millions.

Occasionally an OEM will send us the CAD file for an entire vehicle and i'll make the mistake of trying to open it...
Sponsored