First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Evening all,

This Wednesday I am going to try out some spacers to see how good or bad the size I got will be. I actually searched this forum and Google in general without much luck to see other examples, but I've found nothing. I purchased some 2" hub-centric (-51 offset roughly) spacers from CustoMadeOnly (they just released them). They are a USA manufacturing company and the spacers are made from CNC machined T6 aluminum. They are a middle ground between risky chicom junk on eBay and $300 Bora brand spacers. I stumbled across them on Amazon for $165 for a set of four.

My 2019 Ranger has a factory installed leveling kit that is either 2" or 2.5" - I am going to call them tomorrow as I can't locate any specific information in my paperwork - so I don't know if these are Ford branded or aftermarket. My Ranger also came with 285/17R/117T Open Country AT2 tires already installed (no rubbing).

Long winded introduction - but what am I likely to encounter Wednesday morning? Crash bar rub? Knuckle clearance issues? Nothing at all? I plan to install only one and then see how it looks cause I don't want a weird go-kart look. If its something adding fending flares will address that is 100% an option.

Here she is bone stock, still only has 1200 miles after buying it new 5 months ago. Only mods so far are a de-badging/de-stickering. Next up is Ford Raptor Grill.

eyAfF0L.jpg

ExJrSUx.jpg
Sponsored

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Evening all,

This Wednesday I am going to try out some spacers to see how good or bad the size I got will be. I actually searched this forum and Google in general without much luck to see other examples, but I've found nothing. I purchased some 2" hub-centric (-51 offset roughly) spacers from CustoMadeOnly (they just released them). They are a USA manufacturing company and the spacers are made from CNC machined T6 aluminum. They are a middle ground between risky chicom junk on eBay and $300 Bora brand spacers. I stumbled across them on Amazon for $165 for a set of four.

My 2019 Ranger has a factory installed leveling kit that is either 2" or 2.5" - I am going to call them tomorrow as I can't locate any specific information in my paperwork - so I don't know if these are Ford branded or aftermarket. My Ranger also came with 285/17R/117T Open Country AT2 tires already installed (no rubbing).

Long winded introduction - but what am I likely to encounter Wednesday morning? Crash bar rub? Knuckle clearance issues? Nothing at all? I plan to install only one and then see how it looks cause I don't want a weird go-kart look. If its something adding fending flares will address that is 100% an option.

Here she is bone stock, still only has 1200 miles after buying it new 5 months ago. Only mods so far are a de-badging/de-stickering. Next up is Ford Raptor Grill.

eyAfF0L.jpg

ExJrSUx.jpg
Are those Christmas lights in the background?

Abjectwoe

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
Evening all,

eyAfF0L.jpg

ExJrSUx.jpg
https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/thre...wheel-spacers-and-285-70r17s.3835/post-155482

Check out their build.

OP
OP
OFC Ranger

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Light during the darkness of COVID-19. Began catching on in March.

LINK
First I've heard of it, but great idea! I just may go ahead & put mine up (although late, uh, early? :crazy: ). I love Christmas:inlove:

OP
OP
OFC Ranger

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Ford says they installed a 2" Rough Country leveling kit. Well, RC makes a 2.5" kit, not a 2" kit. Maybe he meant Tuff Country, which is even cheaper. And this is the reason I always make a dealer eat the cost on a "lift package". They basically wanted $3,000 for a leveling kit and the tires which maybe cost them $1,000 to buy and install.

Anyhow, working smarter not harder, I folded a piece of cardboard with a 2" side sticking out and taped it to tire at about the 9 and 2 o clock position then slowly turned the wheel. Yea those crash bars are going to need to come completely out. Honestly 2" may just be too much with that with 285/70 's on here. I'm trying to have to remove the minimum items only and it may require moving the bumper well trim.

Clearance as it stands now:
rE5VQzp.jpg

Cardboard trick:
dedQwgn.jpg

gqJvvcR.jpg

OP
OP
OFC Ranger

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Reading around on the internet I am also wondering if Ford has some sort of spacer installed already to give it proper clearance. Which would not be a bad thing, even if it something smaller than 1". That would mean I am "over-mathing" my current results, Gonna have to pull the wheel off and find out.

Spence's bumper sticker

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Edge Sport
Occupation
Security Analyst + USN

Michelle

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Medical
Evening all,

eyAfF0L.jpg

ExJrSUx.jpg
Post pics when you are done! I have this exact same truck and I have done a 3 inch level kit. Wanting to see how the new tires look! I’m sure it will be awesome!!

Jms81661

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT Ranger Sport
Occupation
Truck Driver
Ford says they installed a 2" Rough Country leveling kit. Well, RC makes a 2.5" kit, not a 2" kit. Maybe he meant Tuff Country, which is even cheaper. And this is the reason I always make a dealer eat the cost on a "lift package". They basically wanted $3,000 for a leveling kit and the tires which maybe cost them $1,000 to buy and install.

Anyhow, working smarter not harder, I folded a piece of cardboard with a 2" side sticking out and taped it to tire at about the 9 and 2 o clock position then slowly turned the wheel. Yea those crash bars are going to need to come completely out. Honestly 2" may just be too much with that with 285/70 's on here. I'm trying to have to remove the minimum items only and it may require moving the bumper well trim.

Clearance as it stands now:
rE5VQzp.jpg

Cardboard trick:
dedQwgn.jpg

gqJvvcR.jpg
I just put on 285/70's and have no rub with no spacers. Although I'm still waiting on my 1" spacers from Bora. Thought I'd need them. I'll try them when they finally show up and decide from there if I'll put them on.
My lift is the RC
3 1/2" I swapped out my rear crash bars with the BDS. I highly recommend these as it requires no cutting! See my "cringeworthy" post.
All I did was loosen the front crash bars and push them forward. They move pretty far. Took it out wheelin' aired down to 20psi, still no rub.

NewEra1311

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Self Employed
I just put on 285/70's and have no rub with no spacers. Although I'm still waiting on my 1" spacers from Bora. Thought I'd need them. I'll try them when they finally show up and decide from there if I'll put them on.
My lift is the RC
3 1/2" I swapped out my rear crash bars with the BDS. I highly recommend these as it requires no cutting! See my "cringeworthy" post.
All I did was loosen the front crash bars and push them forward. They move pretty far. Took it out wheelin' aired down to 20psi, still no rub.
I might be getting mine tomorrow but a lot of people say those 285s put more strain on the ball joints and very close to the spindle?

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
You need more info before throwing parts at your truck for some imaginary problem. Try going back to the dealer and ask the mechanic what he actually did. Then talk to the Company that created whatever part that the mechanic installed. :)

Sheepdog

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger SuperCrew 4x2 XL
Occupation
Retired police officer
I might be getting mine tomorrow but a lot of people say those 285s put more strain on the ball joints and very close to the spindle?
Putting wheel spacers on vehicles that don't need them, stresses ball joints...
Sponsored