Ordered a New Ranger. After reading about the numerous problems on this Forum I am not sure I made a good choice.

Jrel209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT crew cab
You can do all the research you can. But in the end it’s just a crap shoot.

7,100 miles in 4 months of ownership and then my 2021 FX4 lariat went to the dealer. It is day 56 at the dealer waiting on the replacement rear axle drivers side. Never towed anything and never worked the truck hard.

I would bet there are many leaking rear drivers side axles but most people don’t climb under the truck to check. There are most likely many with gas in their engine oil but rarely pull the dipstick to check.
Crazy, Thats pretty dangerous too isnt it….
Sponsored

Anne

First Name
Anne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red Ranger
I don't know if you did or not but ALWAYS order your new truck first, and then get online and read about it...

JK, you lucked out and made a great choice. Remember, this is a forum; folks come here to bitch and complain first and some stay around and enjoy it later.
Convince me that I made a good choice.
Hi! I have had my 2020 Race RED Ranger for 14 months. Absolutely no problems. It is a blast to drive. Dang great truck!!??

Mej0770

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger xl stx fx4
I don’t comment on here much, but I read through the weekly threads pretty consistently.

I’ve had my ranger for about a year and a half. Done some moderate off roading, hauled enclosed trailers, another vehicle, lumber, and many other sorts of things.

I’ve owned a baby dmax Colorado, 3 Tacoma’s, and now the ranger. The ranger has definitely been the most well rounded of the vehicles I’ve owned. It’s fun to drive, hauls and tows well, and performs admirable off road. I think you’d be hard pressed to find a better all around midsize truck

BlackRanger01

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Super Cab 4x4
Occupation
IT
You can do all the research you can. But in the end it’s just a crap shoot.

7,100 miles in 4 months of ownership and then my 2021 FX4 lariat went to the dealer. It is day 56 at the dealer waiting on the replacement rear axle drivers side. Never towed anything and never worked the truck hard.

I would bet there are many leaking rear drivers side axles but most people don’t climb under the truck to check. There are most likely many with gas in their engine oil but rarely pull the dipstick to check.
I don't check oil every day or week but once in a while. Don't want to introduce some foreign object via dip stick :p

JTDay

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazdaspeed3, M3
Occupation
EHS
Me talking to my engine when I pull my dipstick:

will-ferrell-gasoline.gif
Sponsored