First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
My Lariat came with these from the dealer. Terrible quality. They scratch if you look at them sideways and I dented it by dropping my iphone on it, lol. Would not recommend.

C76B9A8F-C58C-41BA-B19D-7504B0C7D8BF.jpeg
I’ve never seen those, anyone else with a Lariat have them? Mine doesn’t.
Sponsored

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
My Lariat came with these from the dealer. Terrible quality. They scratch if you look at them sideways and I dented it by dropping my iphone on it, lol. Would not recommend.

C76B9A8F-C58C-41BA-B19D-7504B0C7D8BF.jpeg
More stuff I don't understand from Ford, they seem to forget the "good features" from the past?

My 1931 Model A Ford has "Zinc" door sill scuff plates. Ford put plastic sill scuff plates on previous Rangers.. but not this generation.

But they did put a huge Ford logo in the front of the bed when you get the "ToughBed" liner... how about no Ford logo in the bed... and replace that with some door sill scuff plates that don't "scuff"?

WTF?

Model A Door Sill Plate.jpg

Ford Logo.JPG

004.JPG

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
See pix, It's wide enough to wrap the first lip by about 1/4". I did all four door thresholds with [2] rolls. I cleaned with alcohol, warmed with hair dryer and used a plastic spreader to work it down. I only had one with a slight bubble, took care of that with a couple pin holes and worked them out. I suppose if you could find wider material and wanted to run even further down the side thats an option. I just did not feel the need to over think/spend on it.

BTW I did see larger/wider rolls on Amazon BUT they get pricey pretty quick..

20191012_131745.jpg
FYI: I'm on winter #2 on this application/material. still adhering great, wipes down easily. Glad I did it!

catboxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
FYI: I'm on winter #2 on this application/material. still adhering great, wipes down easily. Glad I did it!
Trying to find your link to these... I gotta replace the "stock" flashy dinky ones. 1,500 miles in and I already have to look at their dinged up rashyness everytime I get in or out of my truck.

alcohenusa

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Retired

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
@catboxer
I think this it what you are looking for:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003EP52I8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It’s been on for about 3 months with no issues. I also used two rolls.
YUP! thats exactly what I used..

funny-ish story:
Now dont laugh b/c my neighbor walked over and watched me when I installed them [who does not have OCD]. I cleaned with wax strip/prep solvent, then cleaned with alcohol, measured out the strips, used a wax pencil/measuring tape to mark off and then some blue masking tape to put them exactly where I wanted them to end up. Oh yeah, I heated up the peeled strips a bit with my heat gun and warmed the sill...
I definitely have issues that are genetic that the military certainly made even more pronounced. I did the whole OCD medication thing and realized years ago its just who I am and although I try NOT to get carried away in the end I just need to be me and once I scratch the 'itch' I can walk away and I'm fine...
He was like. 'dude just wipe it with a rag, hack off some pieces and slap it on.' ...the thought of such a hap-hazard installation made me cringe inside... :crazy: known him 19 years, and was the first friend I made when we were both building homes across the street from each other when the foundations were first poured, love Mike like a brother but GOD he's a slob.

NeilP

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor (SOLD 12-14-2023)
Occupation
RETIRED!
I spent some time looking at all the ideas that you guys came up with for the door sills. Some of them are brilliant.

I started looking at different options online when I remembered I had a short piece of this rocker panel side molding left in my cabinet. I laid it on the sill plate, and it looks pretty darn good. If I push it all the way up to the door seal I can get 3 of the 4 tape strips on the flat metal surfaces. One right next to the runner door seal and the other two on the sill. It will need to be trimmed in the groove right next to the third strip of 3M tape, but the stuff is super easy to work with. I had originally used it to cover the tops of the bed rails on a 1996 Ranger that I owned ages ago.
Sponsored