First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2004 Corvette, 2005 Ranger Edge
Occupation
Retired Quality and EHS Manager
I made a "sweet" video about installing the RedTek window module, I can't say the same for the mirror module, but I would definitely not want to poke holes in the rubber thingy that connects the door wiring to the rest of the truck.

My awesome video details how to get the door apart and clip in the module on a "correct" hand drive 2019 Ranger.
I didn't like that either. It must be because of the combined mirror control functions in the module and needing the dash button input. I would try to fit them inside even if it meant cutting and soldering the wires.

BTW Thanks for making the video. It helped me when I had to remove my door panels to change out the speakers.
Sponsored

CoastieN70

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariet
Occupation
Retired
URGENT UPDATE!!!
I did the full install on my Ranger and it works great EXCEPT when I was washing my vehicle several weeks ago with a foam cannon my windows rolled down without me doing anything to make that happen! I did not see it happen and when I foamed over what I thought was a closed window I foamed the interior! To add insult to injury I thought something was wrong with my foam cannon and I sprayed the area a second time! To quote Ralphie in "A Christmas Carroll".... "FUDGEEEEE"
Assuming the foam cannon was the main culprit I shit canned the offending object... Silly me...
Yesterday I was doing a "Quick Wash" to remove the suicidal Love Bugs that littered my truck and the action of the water from the hose across my door handles opened the windows! This time you intrepid reporter was paying attention and I ceased hosing until I closed the windows.
My first order of business (after coffee) this morning was to pop off the door panel and clip, seal and zip tie the offending wires!

So a word of advice for those that have enabled this feature and those who may do so with a future install, Do So At Your Own Risk, you have been fore warned...

BTW: After the foam cannon incident and subsequent my interior was sparkling clean! :crackup:

OP
OP
RCMUSTANG

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
URGENT UPDATE!!!
I did the full install on my Ranger and it works great EXCEPT when I was washing my vehicle several weeks ago with a foam cannon my windows rolled down without me doing anything to make that happen! I did not see it happen and when I foamed over what I thought was a closed window I foamed the interior! To add insult to injury I thought something was wrong with my foam cannon and I sprayed the area a second time! To quote Ralphie in "A Christmas Carroll".... "FUDGEEEEE"
Assuming the foam cannon was the main culprit I shit canned the offending object... Silly me...
Yesterday I was doing a "Quick Wash" to remove the suicidal Love Bugs that littered my truck and the action of the water from the hose across my door handles opened the windows! This time you intrepid reporter was paying attention and I ceased hosing until I closed the windows.
My first order of business (after coffee) this morning was to pop off the door panel and clip, seal and zip tie the offending wires!

So a word of advice for those that have enabled this feature and those who may do so with a future install, Do So At Your Own Risk, you have been fore warned...

BTW: After the foam cannon incident and subsequent my interior was sparkling clean! :crackup:
Yeah, just leave the key inside the cab and it won't work the locks. It should keep that from happening.

CoastieN70

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariet
Occupation
Retired
Yeah, just leave the key inside the cab and it won't work the locks. It should keep that from happening.
It doesn't matter any more, it is disconnected. I still have 1 touch windows just not the roll up/down on lock and unlock...

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SOLD. 2005 S2000
Occupation
Accountant
URGENT UPDATE!!!

I use a foam cannon to wash my Ranger all the time and have yet to have any weird stuff happen with the windows. The auto up/down module is connected and everything works perfect.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Lariat owners with the door handle lock buttons might notice this more often as water can sometimes trigger the door handles to lock or unlock if the key is present. My Focus used to lock and unlock repeatedly during washes if I had the key in my pocket.

Sabasigh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4; 2016 Corvette Stingray
It doesn't matter any more, it is disconnected. I still have 1 touch windows just not the roll up/down on lock and unlock...
You can get the 1 touch with just pluggin in the module and not doing the wiring stuff?

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
You can get the 1 touch with just pluggin in the module and not doing the wiring stuff?
On the doors, yes, but you only get the remote functions if you hook the two crimp on wires up.

CoastieN70

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariet
Occupation
Retired
Lariat owners with the door handle lock buttons might notice this more often as water can sometimes trigger the door handles to lock or unlock if the key is present. My Focus used to lock and unlock repeatedly during washes if I had the key in my pocket.
exactly...

RangerRap

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4 Magnet
Vehicle Showcase
I don't have a lariat, so you didn't get to see me break the fiber optic tube thingy when I did mine :)
I just sent this in a private message to RCMustang since he was the originator of this awesome mod but if anyone else reads this it can help clarify I would greatly appreciate some feedback. I ordered and received my Auto window module from Australia recently early September 19 and it was pretty easy to install other than also breaking the fiber optic light for the inside door handle on my lariat Like someone else did. No biggie, just cost me 50 bucks to get a new one. Anyway it works really well and I love it but I just figured out that when I Lock the doors either from the fab or by pressing on one of the door handles, all the windows roll up. This is normally a good thing but the other day I needed to put my small dog in the back seat so I could quickly go into the market. I rolled all the windows down a crack before I turned the engine off and got out. I locked the car And sure enough the windows all rolled up. I was parked in the shade so I ended up just opening the small rear window by the truck bed but this could be a problem if I ever do have to leave my dog in the car for a few minutes. I guess this is just how it works so I’m sure I’m going to probably just leave the doors unlocked if I have to go in the market or somewhere for a few minutes. When I first got it hooked up I thought you had to hold the lock button Down for a few seconds to get all the windows to roll uo and thought that’s how it was working at first but now I’m not sure since I never actually roll down the windows and just tried to lock the truck to see if they would all roll up. Anyway, you’re kind of the guru on quite a few mods Including the originator of this one so I thought I would connect with you and see if you had any thoughts or if there was any way to change it, or if it was originally designed to where are you had to hold the lock button down for a few seconds to close the windows and something might have happened or went wrong in the modus that possibly changed the original functionality. Let me know what you think and how it was originally designed if you have a moment. Thank you very much! Richard

RangerRap

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4 Magnet
Vehicle Showcase
I just sent this in a private message to RCMustang since he was the originator of this awesome mod but if anyone else reads this and can help clarify whether you originally had to hold the lock button for a few seconds to get the windows roll up or if they roll up automatically when you lock the truck. I would greatly appreciate any feedback.

I ordered and received my Auto window module from Australia recently early September 19 and it was pretty easy to install other than also breaking the fiber optic light for the inside door handle on my lariat Like someone else did. No biggie, just cost me 50 bucks to get a new one. Anyway it works really well and I love it but I just figured out that when I Lock the doors either from the fab or by pressing on one of the door handles, all the windows roll up. This is normally a good thing but the other day I needed to put my small dog in the back seat so I could quickly go into the market. I rolled all the windows down a crack before I turned the engine off and got out. I locked the car And sure enough the windows all rolled up. I was parked in the shade so I ended up just opening the small rear window by the truck bed but this could be a problem if I ever do have to leave my dog in the car for a few minutes. I guess this is just how it works so I’m sure I’m going to probably just leave the doors unlocked if I have to go in the market or somewhere for a few minutes. When I first got it hooked up I thought you had to hold the lock button Down for a few seconds to get all the windows to roll uo and thought that’s how it was working at first but now I’m not sure since I never actually roll down the windows and just tried to lock the truck to see if they would all roll up. Anyway, you’re kind of the guru on quite a few mods Including the originator of this one so I thought I would connect with you and see if you had any thoughts or if there was any way to change it, or if it was originally designed to where are you had to hold the lock button down for a few seconds to close the windows and something might have happened or went wrong in the modus that possibly changed the original functionality. Let me know what you think and how it was originally designed if you have a moment. Thank you very much! Richard

Sabasigh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4; 2016 Corvette Stingray
Anyone order directly from Redtek? Bout how long does it take to get? Email sd Shipping (International Post 5-10 days) but i haven't even got shipping notification yet. Sent them an email.
Sponsored