2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Possibly they would be willing to sneak a few of the window modules in the mirror folding box? I'd suspect they don't care what goes in as long as the order is paid for.

OP
OP
RCMUSTANG

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
Possibly they would be willing to sneak a few of the window modules in the mirror folding box? I'd suspect they don't care what goes in as long as the order is paid for.
They're more expensive than the ones I get from the UK.

OP
OP
RCMUSTANG

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
Update: I'll be picking them up at the post today. I'll prep and pack them tonight. They'll ship tomorrow.

OP
OP
RCMUSTANG

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
Ok, folks. All the harnesses have been rewired (caught a reversed lock/unlock wiring in 1 harness), all tested on my truck, boxes are packed, tracking info provided and will be dropping off to the post office this morning.

Based on having to rewire some many harnesses myself and testing each one I think this will be the last run. Not only is it a lot of extra time and work for me, there's a lot of extra wear and tear on my truck to plug and unplug everything and function test every unit. Sorry for those who missed the boat. If the vendor decides in the future to send the harnesses already for left hand drive I may do runs again. As of now that's it. I'm glad everyone who got one was either able to figure it out or I was able to assist you in the rewiring or replacement. Enjoy the feature. I love it.

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Explorer Sport
Just installed. Holy shit this mod is fantastic. Install is a breeze. Hardest part is the door panels, not the wiring. I canā€™t thank @RCMUSTANG enough for this. What a bargain for the added functionality.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed this "feature".

Someone had said earlier in the thread that you can't leave your truck locked and have the windows stay down. I think I've figured out that if you double lock the vehicle slowly with the windows down, it won't roll them up on it's own.

Anyone want to reproduce this, and confirm that I found a useful "undocumented" feature?

OP
OP
RCMUSTANG

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed this "feature".

Someone had said earlier in the thread that you can't leave your truck locked and have the windows stay down. I think I've figured out that if you double lock the vehicle slowly with the windows down, it won't roll them up on it's own.

Anyone want to reproduce this, and confirm that I found a useful "undocumented" feature?
Any window operation can be interrupted by hitting lock during the rolling up or down of the feature.

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger SCrew Lariat FX4 Sport
Vehicle Showcase
got mine installed last night and now the truck is as it should have been from the factory... Thanks again @RCMUSTANG

Anthony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 SCrew
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase
I did, It's basically double stick taped to the inboard side of the door card directly below where your forearm rests.

I'm not sure I showed the exact location on the video because my camera battery seems to be bad, so I had to tape the whole thing with it plugged in.

I didn't end up using my GoPro because the HD handycam has better audio and it's easier to see what I'm pointed at.

EDIT:We're at 20% folks... Yay 3rd world internet!

7 hours later, and we've made it to 56%

77% at 9:44PM EST... I gotta get better internet...

Aaaand it's up. Please forgive my lack of storage space, and terrible on-screen skills.

Got mine done today. Gotta thank @t4thfavor for the fantastic video. I followed right along and the video made it a breeze. I was grabbing tools as you were calling them out. You rule brother! :like:

Obvious a super kudos to @RCMUSTANG for putting this together and bailing my butt out when I destroyed the plug on my first try. You are a flippinā€™ awesome dude and we all owe you a beer.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got mine done today. Gotta thank @t4thfavor for the fantastic video. I followed right along and the video made it a breeze. I was grabbing tools as you were calling them out. You rule brother! :like:

Obvious a super kudos to @RCMUSTANG for putting this together and bailing my butt out when I destroyed the plug on my first try. You are a flippinā€™ awesome dude and we all owe you a beer.
I like the part where they guy thinks he's going to need two tools, and then ends up using 40 :)

OP
OP
RCMUSTANG

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
I have 1 kit left from a non responsive member. The 2 on the last wait list have either passed or not responded. First person that responds and sends payment gets it.

OP
OP
RCMUSTANG

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
Last one gone.

CoastieN70

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariet
Occupation
Retired
Well it was ME! I got the last one, sorry (I truly am) if you missed out.

It arrived today and although I thought I would wait till Sunday morning to install it due to later in the day temps here ( I'm tied up tomorrow and Sat.) the "ants in my pants" wouldn't allow me to wait... :D
As stated before the hardest part is door panel removal and even that isn't too difficult.
OK! Now for the kicker (it's always something). I have a Lariat and although I followed all the instructions, looked at all the pictures and watched the video at least 6 times; nowhere was it mentioned that there is a 3rd plug in the door for the ambient lighting around the door handle. Basically it plugs into a little LED that illuminates a fiber optic/light tube, so in the course of wrestling with it I broke the plastic fiber optic thingy. There is really no way to fix those "thingies" tried super glue and the Gorilla philzeled out. So I just said "Screw it!" It's always something when I work on it...:crazy:

ANYWAY! Hooking up the module was super easy and although I thought about foregoing the up and down via the fob I gave in and made the connections.
EVERYTHING works as advertised and I discovered that the door lock buttons will globally roll the windows up and down just as if you were using the fob, I don't know if anyone would find this useful and or necessary but it does work that way.

OH and I got the two fiber optic/plastic light tubes close enough the I still have ambient lighting on my door handle...

Today was a good day... :)

CoastieN70

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariet
Occupation
Retired
Honestly, where are my manners!

Thanks to t4thfavor for the excellent video and thanks to RCMustang for putting this all together and doing all the R&D to make it work!

You guys are the BEST!
Sponsored