First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
How does the wheelbase compare, Dave? I'm guessing it is shorter which is a big factor in towing safety. Shorter wheel bases lead to more instability with the tail wagging the dog.
Al the Bronco is a shorter wheel base.

2dr....100.4"
4dr....116.1

Ranger....126.8
Sponsored

cfhgarza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic XLT 301A
Occupation
Press and weld set-up
Think the rumored Bronco pickup will have the full 7500# towing? Seems like it would have a long wheel base. Hopefully it's not priced like the Gladiator.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Think the rumored Bronco pickup will have the full 7500# towing? Seems like it would have a long wheel base. Hopefully it's not priced like the Gladiator.
I wonder how much of this is rumor and how much is true about the Bronco pickup? I'm guessing it will determine how the Jeep Gladiator sales are (I have no idea) if they think they'll need one to compete with it. Plus are they willing to pull sales away from the Ranger just to add a Bronco pickup? My guess is it's not going to happen especially with the Warthog coming out.

cfhgarza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic XLT 301A
Occupation
Press and weld set-up
I wonder how much of this is rumor and how much is true about the Bronco pickup? I'm guessing it will determine how the Jeep Gladiator sales are (I have no idea) if they think they'll need one to compete with it. Plus are they willing to pull sales away from the Ranger just to add a Bronco pickup? My guess is it's not going to happen especially with the Warthog coming out.
Yeah I don't know. Maybe it will be a high margin vehicle and worth the Ranger sales loss? Would be interesting to see even if it's just a concept vehicle

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Yeah I don't know. Maybe it will be a high margin vehicle and worth the Ranger sales loss? Would be interesting to see even if it's just a concept vehicle
The other thing I just thought of is are they really going to have a Ranger Raptor in the next Gen? If so I don't see a Bronco pickup in the lineup.

RangerAJS

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT FX4, black out package, 302a, technology.
Occupation
Problem Solver
Yer killin’ me and my future bank account....and so is Ford. We shall see about the Bronco Truck..lord knows they will make it even more expensive.

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
How does the wheelbase compare, Dave? I'm guessing it is shorter which is a big factor in towing safety. Shorter wheel bases lead to more instability with the tail wagging the dog.
Al the Bronco is a shorter wheel base.

2dr....100.4"
4dr....116.1

Ranger....126.8
Defender 90: 101.9"
Tow capacity not finalized for NA market yet, but should be 7700+

Defender 110: 118.9"
Tow capacity: 8201lbs

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
We saw a 2020 Bronco on the road today.. Cyber Orange. We were driving our SuperCab 2019 Ranger.

Surprising how small it looked. Disappointing.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
We saw a 2020 Bronco on the road today.. Cyber Orange. We were driving our SuperCab 2019 Ranger.

Surprising how small it looked. Disappointing.
John those are just the Bronco Sports that are out right now. They are smaller almost like an Outback. The full size Bronco won't be out until early summer.

JAKE2.3

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX, 2018 Mustang Ecoboost
Occupation
Appraiser
A lot of people are saying the Sports are so small. But when I took my brother to go check one out at the dealer (he's considering getting one). I parked right next to one with my Ranger and I was surprised to see that it wasn't all that much smaller than my truck. Shorter obviously, but with the roof rails it was as tall as the truck and was almost the same width.

And the picture at the beginning of this thread shows that it's about the same size as an original Bronco.

There's also this article someone else shared on this forum showing that the Sport is basically the same size, and even the same or more capable, as a first gen Explorer, a quintessential '90s SUV. As someone who's family once owned one from 1994 to 2018, that thing felt plenty big and capable.

The only reason the Bronco Sport looks small is because everything else on the road has become bloated and massive.
Agreed. My wife and I looked at one to replace her Kia. They're not exactly small, but the back seat isn't very large either. We haven't decided what to go with yet. The explorer is huge. The escape and Bronco are smaller. The edge might be a good fit but I'm not sure. We drove a Jeep cherokee and she liked that. Amazing amount of rear leg room which surprised me. We probably have a month or so yet to decided as we wait for our lemon law buyout.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
A lot of people are saying the Sports are so small. But when I took my brother to go check one out at the dealer (he's considering getting one). I parked right next to one with my Ranger and I was surprised to see that it wasn't all that much smaller than my truck. Shorter obviously, but with the roof rails it was as tall as the truck and was almost the same width.

And the picture at the beginning of this thread shows that it's about the same size as an original Bronco.

There's also this article someone else shared on this forum showing that the Sport is basically the same size, and even the same or more capable, as a first gen Explorer, a quintessential '90s SUV. As someone who's family once owned one from 1994 to 2018, that thing felt plenty big and capable.

The only reason the Bronco Sport looks small is because everything else on the road has become bloated and massive.
I was just commenting on how a lot of people have heard the Bronco is coming back then see these Bronco Sports and think they're the full size ones. I saw a Sport in the showroom next to the full size Bronco and they are good size. You can kind of see the size difference in the picture. Not the best pic as I wasn't trying to get the Sport in my pic. lol

IMG_3421.jpg

F150/Full size Bronco

F150:Bronco.jpg

RangerAJS

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Problem Solver
Defender 90: 101.9"
Tow capacity not finalized for NA market yet, but should be 7700+

Defender 110: 118.9"
Tow capacity: 8201lbs
So it doesn’t look like a wheelbase issue then

RangerAJS

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Problem Solver
Found this at Car & Driver. Good size comparison. Surprised me to be honest.

BC0A645D-89D9-483B-AF22-32BD394B5821.jpeg

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
I was just commenting on how a lot of people have heard the Bronco is coming back then see these Bronco Sports and think they're the full size ones. I saw a Sport in the showroom next to the full size Bronco and they are good size. You can kind of see the size difference in the picture. Not the best pic as I wasn't trying to get the Sport in my pic. lol
Wow - that’s really something. Are there a ton of mods on that beast or are the tires, wheels, bumper, lights, etc. part of a particular trim package?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Wow - that’s really something. Are there a ton of mods on that beast or are the tires, wheels, bumper, lights, etc. part of a particular trim package?
This is the Badlands model and the tires are 33's which are stock with optional beadlock capable wheels. The roof racks and winch and tube doors are all Ford accessories, I think there's around 200 in the catalog. There are 7 different models so you can build pretty much anything you want from a daily driver to a bad ass off roader.
Sponsored