First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Lucky you. I would love to have a new 2dr Bronco. Sadly Ford has a miserable tow rating (even on the 4dr) so I'm out of luck.
Yeah at 3500 lbs you're not towing anything to big. I have nothing to tow and just buying this for a fun off road toy and for cruising around here with the top and doors off. I'm just going with the Base with the Sasquatch package to keep the cost down.
Sponsored

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Exactly my reason for the Ranger. Interesting enough, it sits as high as my old one...and I understand the new one is based on the ranger so it’s a win win!
My Ranger was only suppose to hold me over until the 2nd or 3rd year Broncos came out. With all Broncos having the exact same tow rating, I'm still holding out a sliver of hope that Ford recertifies the 4dr at a higher tow capacity. When I saw the Defender 110 and 2dr 90 come out with 8000lb capacity (and many SUV's at 5000+), it never even crossed my mind that the Bronco wouldn't be able to tow 6000+. What a shock and disappointment when they came out with a Wrangler rating. ?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
You would be correct sir. It's the only one they have in stock. Maybe my wife could be convinced to trade her Fusion for the one coming out later ?
Good luck Mike. I've been trying to convince my gf she needs a Bronco for a while now, hasn't worked out to well just yet. I know exactly what's going to happen though. As soon as I buy it she'll fall in love with it. lol

RangerAJS

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT FX4, black out package, 302a, technology.
Occupation
Problem Solver
My Ranger was only suppose to hold me over until the 2nd or 3rd year Broncos came out. With all Broncos having the exact same tow rating, I'm still holding out a sliver of hope that Ford recertifies the 4dr at a higher tow capacity. When I saw the Defender 110 and 2dr 90 come out with 8000lb capacity (and many SUV's at 5000+), it never even crossed my mind that the Bronco wouldn't be able to tow 6000+. What a shock and disappointment when they came out with a Wrangler rating. ?
Tend to agree with you. Especially because it’s based on the ranger and it can tow 7500. What gives?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Tend to agree with you. Especially because it’s based on the ranger and it can tow 7500. What gives?

It can't be the motor or transmission as it's the same as on our Rangers. I found this quote from the Bronco site from one of the salesman who's on there

There's cooling considerations, wheelbase, wheel and tire changes, suspension design and softness/firmness, flex, sway bars, brakes, engine output, final drive ratio, overall gear ratios. They all play a factor.

Ultimately, I think Ford was willing to compromise absolute towing to go after Jeep's offroad capabilities and offer stuff like Factory 35" tires. Wrangler has the same tow rating that Bronco has, and being how towing is not the primary driver of Wrangler sales, Ford probably didn't prioritize it.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Aftermarket Ford certified package that gives you 7.5K towing capacity all for (drum roll) another 2K!!!

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
I know. It baffles my mind. My wife was looking at F-Pace Jag. 5700lb tow capacity.
The guys on Bronco6g want us to believe that it's because it's an off-road vehicle. I don't buy that. I truly believe it could tow 6000+. Perhaps it would require a different shock setup or maybe not with the Sasquatch package, but although I'd want the Sasq, I don't need it.
That's why I think there is still a chance the later models might be rated higher. It's just that for now, Ford wants to emphasize maximum off-road prowess.

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
It can't be the motor or transmission as it's the same as on our Rangers. I found this quote from the Bronco site from one of the salesman who's on there

There's cooling considerations, wheelbase, wheel and tire changes, suspension design and softness/firmness, flex, sway bars, brakes, engine output, final drive ratio, overall gear ratios. They all play a factor.

Ultimately, I think Ford was willing to compromise absolute towing to go after Jeep's offroad capabilities and offer stuff like Factory 35" tires. Wrangler has the same tow rating that Bronco has, and being how towing is not the primary driver of Wrangler sales, Ford probably didn't prioritize it.
I agree with you. It's not the engine, tranny. I also don't believe it's the brakes, frame, wheelbase, final drive ratio or sway bar.
It's possible it could be cooling or suspension, but as you know, a Tow Package could take care of that.

Also want to add, that by just matching the Wrangler's capacity, Ford is missing out on a large market. In reality, it's a really, really, really, really small percentage of Wranglers that see anything more off-road than a forest service road. Broncos will be the same, but I understand Ford needs to build that "image".

RangerAJS

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT FX4, black out package, 302a, technology.
Occupation
Problem Solver
Aftermarket Ford certified package that gives you 7.5K towing capacity all for (drum roll) another 2K!!!
True that....but at least it’s an option for the Ranger. It would be nice to see the new bronco get a tow package. But then I’d have to decide if I wanted two Broncos. ? And I’m really digging my Ranger ?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I agree with you. It's not the engine, tranny. I also don't believe it's the brakes, frame, wheelbase, final drive ratio or sway bar.
It's possible it could be cooling or suspension, but as you know, a Tow Package could take care of that.
I'm sure they're banking on that like @Trigganometry stated above for more money. :curse:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
True that....but at least it’s an option for the Ranger. It would be nice to see the new bronco get a tow package. But then I’d have to decide if I wanted two Broncos. ? And I’m really digging my Ranger ?
At first I was going to get a Badlands and get rid of my Ranger. The more I thought about it and after building every model the Base SAS is really a great value and I'll keep my Ranger which has all the tech and creature comforts. Just in case anyone's interested Granger Ford in IA is still offering 1K below invoice on a new Bronco. Makes for a fun road trip back home.

https://www.grangerford.com/new-ford-bronco.html

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
I'm sure they're banking on that like @Trigganometry stated above for more money. :curse:
Ford has become the a la carte builder. It’s all about options and add-ons’ now. The base package is considered frame and body panels. From there is where the money is made and they’re perfecting the art of ‘have it your way’ for ‘what’s in your wallet?’

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
At first I was going to get a Badlands and get rid of my Ranger. The more I thought about it and after building every model the Base SAS is really a great value and I'll keep my Ranger which has all the tech and creature comforts.
Base with Sasq will make for a nice rig. If I could justify keeping 2 vehicles, I'd definitely do what you are doing.

Ford has become the a la carte builder. It’s all about options and add-ons’ now. The base package is considered frame and body panels. From there is where the money is made and they’re perfecting the art of ‘have it your way’ for ‘what’s in your wallet?’
Not just Ford. All manufactures do this. Ford isn't any different. My beef is the "packages" you are forced into just to get the one item you want.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Base with Sasq will make for a nice rig. If I could justify keeping 2 vehicles, I'd definitely do what you are doing.
Trust me I was trying to justify it and couldn't find one reasonable explanation for it besides....I just want one. I figure with the Base model and the price I'm getting it for (2K under invoice) I wouldn't loose a lot if I decide to sell it in a couple years.

Reactions: DHH

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 2023 Escape PHEV
How does the wheelbase compare, Dave? I'm guessing it is shorter which is a big factor in towing safety. Shorter wheel bases lead to more instability with the tail wagging the dog.
Sponsored