First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XL
Occupation
retired
New owner here. What does adding this device do to the Ford warranty?
Probably will do most of my oil changes but sooner or later it will be in a Ford shop.
Just wondering.
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
New owner here. What does adding this device do to the Ford warranty?
Probably will do most of my oil changes but sooner or later it will be in a Ford shop.
Just wondering.
If you’re worried, just take it off before you go to ford service.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
she would have an triggered fit if she some of the stuff dripping out from under some of the old diesels.
I think ford makes one for other vehicles. Just not the ranger.
i bet they do, i seem to remember lots of buzz about them for the eco boost mustangs.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
i would hope the cans would not have any bearing on the warranty. my understanding is that after market items must be proven to make or lead to any problems in order to void warranty. so i think the catch can is most likely warranty safe. i cant imagine one damaging anything unless it was installed in an unsafe way.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Justin, I completely understand and agree. You may have missed my point. What I commented on was making modifications to my OWN 2021 Ford Ranger and not what a manufacturer is allowed or not allowed to do. Why do I need to purchase a $200 catch can kit that needs emptying on a regular basis when I can vent it directly to the pavement, was my point. Like I said, the miniscule amount of oil I'd be discharging on the road would be negligible when compared to the amount that leaks every day out of poorly maintained vehicles. My question was would I cause any warning lights by doing it?
Robert, by law you are forbidden from disabling or removing any emissions related equipment on your vehicle. If you are in state that requires emissions testing you will not pass and would probably be fined. I'm pretty sure most reliable garages would also refuse to work on your vehicle if they noticed your modifications.

I'm not even sure where a catch can falls as it is modifying an emissions system.

Dr3wDrop

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
Can has been on for 5 days now. I have noticed a fuel smell sitting in the drivers seat that was not present before. Really it’s only there at idle. Decided to check the can and it’s bone dry. No leaks as far as i can tell

Gsxrdoug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ranger, XLT 4x4, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Therapist -- Retired Navy
I've had my Mishimoto Can on for just under 3K miles and have nothing in it. Maybe good gas or no oil in engine. My F150's always had a little something to dump out.

Dr3wDrop

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
I've had my Mishimoto Can on for just under 3K miles and have nothing in it. Maybe good gas or no oil in engine. My F150's always had a little something to dump out.
i was expecting a little moisture or something.

Gsxrdoug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I can tell something has been in it, but evaporated I guess. I only drive 5 miles one way a day, so no long hauls. Not sure if that matters, just makes me worried that I hooked it up wrong. lol :-(

Dr3wDrop

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
I can tell something has been in it, but evaporated I guess. I only drive 5 miles one way a day, so no long hauls. Not sure if that matters, just makes me worried that I hooked it up wrong. lol :-(
Been thinking about this some. Idk if anything would evaporate from the sealed catch can. Did your oem line you removed look like mine or was it the previous configuration.

Dr3wDrop

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
i also think you mean no fuel in engine. No oil would be bad lol

Gsxrdoug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Been thinking about this some. Idk if anything would evaporate from the sealed catch can. Did your oem line you removed look like mine or was it the previous configuration.
I had to remove two of the original lines that are in the drivers side wheel well for the mishimoto CC. The mishimoto comes with OE style fitting already installed on the ends.

Dr3wDrop

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
Update: I think I may have solved the fuel smell issue. Emailed UPR and told them I was experiencing a fuel smell that was not there before. We talked things over and I sent some pictures. Turned out my two hoses were installed backwards on the motor side and the check valve was keeping fuel and other vapor from getting to the can, thus why it was bone dry. I told the guy I got the instructions from his youtube video for the install and it turns out the youtube video is incorrect!

I swapped the hoses and I will report back in a week or so and let you all know if the smell persists or not.
Sponsored