First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
That doesn't even make any sense...
Actually it does. Zero credit score means you borrow nothing there for you are unable to be rated.

It doesn't say zero in a literal sense, you just cannot be rated. That is why people often say "It is better to have a bad credit score than no credit score" - they mean with a bad score you can get a loan, just at a really shitty rate even without a co-signer or downpayment. With no score you may not get the loan period without a co-signer or large down payment.

All my 770 score means is I am a good little slaver and I utilize less than 15% of my available credit and pay my stuff on time. One day I hope to freeze my score and destroy all forms of credit. Probably after my home is paid off.

Debt is nothing more than bondage to another. In some cases its more extreme than others. (think 850 score vs. poor scmuck with 400 score who has to go to pay day loan places, aka predatory lending)

Its a really bad game. To reach 850 you actually have to utilize greater sums of credit to reach it. So for example for the sake of being transparent, I have something like $20,000 in unsecured credit available to me right now. I never use greater than a few thousand at a time and usually pay the balance off a few times a year before something else comes along I want to buy. I always pay on time. This is over years. However I have yet to break 800.

I cannot reach 850 by taking out a $100 loan and never going past a $15 balance. It would be to easy to cheat the system. Its setup in a way so you need greater account amounts to "convince" them of a greater score. Really really dark crap if you look into it.

My excuse? I like 5% back on Amazon - generally my Amazon store card is the only thing I use. Every time I blow $1,000 on Amazon I get a free $50. Sometimes you can catch 10% back deals.

The rest of my cards are simply there as the "world is ending haha I'm maxing these bitches out and never paying" kind of thing. lmao

Last edited:

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Ya, i can't get any help from any direction. I'm a strong female but have been in tears a couple times in the last couple months because of all of this.
So sorry you’re having these issues. Hopefully they will get the parts soon and you get your truck back.

RangerAl87

First Name
al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger XLT
Occupation
Tech
I was in a bad accident on November 2nd. The passenger side was t-boned. 21000.00 in damage, air bags are deployed. The pickup is sitting at the body shop. They have called ford and i have called numerous times!!! I was a salesman for ford for 13 years. Ive called ford credit, ford customer relations (phone number isn't working-even the gals at ford credit tried calling said, you're right, the number doesn't work!!) I am so frustrated. I am making payments on a pickup that's sitting at a body shop with absolutely no ETA on parts (seat cover/airbags) I can't get any help from ford. I am a loyal Ford girl and have been all my life. So disgusted and upset now. Just want my pickup back!!!
Your so pretty, can I marry you? Sorry to hear about your truck Ms.

jss81258

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4, 2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06
Occupation
Fixed equipment inspector
Actually it does. Zero credit score means you borrow nothing there for you are unable to be rated.

It doesn't say zero in a literal sense, you just cannot be rated. That is why people often say "It is better to have a bad credit score than no credit score" - they mean with a bad score you can get a loan, just at a really shitty rate even without a co-signer or downpayment. With no score you may not get the loan period without a co-signer or large down payment.

All my 770 score means is I am a good little slaver and I utilize less than 15% of my available credit and pay my stuff on time. One day I hope to freeze my score and destroy all forms of credit. Probably after my home is paid off.

Debt is nothing more than bondage to another. In some cases its more extreme than others. (think 850 score vs. poor scmuck with 400 score who has to go to pay day loan places, aka predatory lending)

Its a really bad game. To reach 850 you actually have to utilize greater sums of credit to reach it. So for example for the sake of being transparent, I have something like $20,000 in unsecured credit available to me right now. I never use greater than a few thousand at a time and usually pay the balance off a few times a year before something else comes along I want to buy. I always pay on time. This is over years. However I have yet to break 800.

I cannot reach 850 by taking out a $100 loan and never going past a $15 balance. It would be to easy to cheat the system. Its setup in a way so you need greater account amounts to "convince" them of a greater score. Really really dark crap if you look into it.

My excuse? I like 5% back on Amazon - generally my Amazon store card is the only thing I use. Every time I blow $1,000 on Amazon I get a free $50. Sometimes you can catch 10% back deals.

The rest of my cards are simply there as the "world is ending haha I'm maxing these bitches out and never paying" kind of thing. lmao
While I don't disagree with the gist of this, you don't have to carry a large amount of debt to have a high credit score.

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
While I don't disagree with the gist of this, you don't have to carry a large amount of debt to have a high credit score.
Well that is what I am saying, you don't carry a large debt, you however do have to have a credit line you could go into large debt with. Sadly if you are not a responsible debt/ratio monitor this is where serious bondage over takes most people.

We could debate this in another thread all day long. I'm just saying if you want to impress me have a lot of expensive items in your life, but be unable to get a loan (due to lack of rating) vs. having a lot of expensive items with an 850 credit score.

Both can be impressive, but one shows much more mastery in finance.

Sadly, I'm neither. hahaha

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Well that is what I am saying, you don't carry a large debt, you however do have to have a credit line you could go into large debt with. Sadly if you are not a responsible debt/ratio monitor this is where serious bondage over takes most people.

We could debate this in another thread all day long. I'm just saying if you want to impress me have a lot of expensive items in your life, but be unable to get a loan (due to lack of rating) vs. having a lot of expensive items with an 850 credit score.

Both can be impressive, but one shows much more mastery in finance.

Sadly, I'm neither. hahaha
Um...No you don't! My credit score is 837 and I've had my mortgage paid off since I was 44, no HELOCS, no line of credit and my only loan is my Ranger which was only $15,000. Only because it was 0% and I can make more money with my investments than paying it off. Your credit score is based of history length, income to debt ratio and timely payments. It has nothing to do with having access to large lines of credit. You could make $20K a year but be responsible with your money and still have a great credit score. Also have a zero or low credit score will hurt you with insurance rates and even getting a job in certain fields.

https://creditpilgrim.com/credit-sc...redit.,to getting just about any job you want.

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase

You basically just told me at one point in your life you did have large amounts of debt.

Like most people you are confusing my post (even after pointy out my own decent score) with straight negativity. My only point was pointing out a credit score is a form of bondage.

People put credit scores up on a pedestal and while some people can walk that tightrope with accuracy, most cannot. Your link is more proof that credit scores are an abomination.

Again. It is impossible to get an 850 score having taken out no debt. (But it wouldn't be the first time I ate crow in my life, so I'm open to being proven wrong)

The Donald

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Engineer
I tried contacting Ford credit all last week and I was not able to talk to a human, the system just hangs up on you.
Ford gets no credit for that level of customer service.

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase

do it the right way and let them buy you boxcars of ammo?

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
do it the right way and let them buy you boxcars of ammo?
I already told my boss if things are that bad the first stop on the way out to the backup house is a stop at my agency and the store rooms getting raided. :bandit::cool: Evidence rooms are full of the world is ending useful supplies. hahaha

• Haha
Reactions: FoD

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
You basically just told me at one point in your life you did have large amounts of debt.

Like most people you are confusing my post (even after pointy out my own decent score) with straight negativity. My only point was pointing out a credit score is a form of bondage.

People put credit scores up on a pedestal and while some people can walk that tightrope with accuracy, most cannot. Your link is more proof that credit scores are an abomination.

Again. It is impossible to get an 850 score having taken out no debt. (But it wouldn't be the first time I ate crow in my life, so I'm open to being proven wrong)
No you said you need to have a large credit line where you could go into debt. Plus, I never said I had large amounts of debt, I said I had a mortgage which wasn't all that large. You're not making any sense at all saying it's better to have a zero credit score than one that's 850? Having a good credit score isn't being in bondage! :headbang:

But you live your life believing this which is fine but anyone listening I wouldn't take any advice from this.

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
No you said you need to have a large credit line where you could go into debt. Plus, I never said I had large amounts of debt, I said I had a mortgage which wasn't all that large. You're not making any sense at all saying it's better to have a zero credit score than one that's 850? Having a good credit score isn't being in bondage! :headbang:

But you live your life believing this which is fine but anyone listening I wouldn't take any advice from this.
I didn't come up with this, a lot of this comes from Dave Ramsey. So yea... I'm pretty sure he is smarter than both of us combined. But I'll bow out and people can take what they want from it.

You can't convince a drunk he has a drinking problem.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
That's what they are telling me. Not making any parts
They don't make "parts". It's my understanding that all the "parts" are actually production line parts that are rejected for use on the assembly line.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I didn't come up with this, a lot of this comes from Dave Ramsey. So yea... I'm pretty sure he is smarter than both of us combined. But I'll bow out and people can take what they want from it.

You can't convince a drunk he has a drinking problem.
I'm not going to go off topic after this post but Dave Ramsey wouldn't be someone I'd take advice from. Right behind Suze Orman.

Edit: I wouldn't say all their advise is bad, but I wouldn't trust my life savings with them either.

https://www.debt.org/advice/dave-ramsey/

https://www.thinkadvisor.com/2016/12/28/8-more-dave-ramsey-myths-debunked/
Sponsored

Last edited: