First Name
Pam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang & 2019 Ranger
Occupation
Former ford salesman
I was in a bad accident on November 2nd. The passenger side was t-boned. 21000.00 in damage, air bags are deployed. The pickup is sitting at the body shop. They have called ford and i have called numerous times!!! I was a salesman for ford for 13 years. Ive called ford credit, ford customer relations (phone number isn't working-even the gals at ford credit tried calling said, you're right, the number doesn't work!!) I am so frustrated. I am making payments on a pickup that's sitting at a body shop with absolutely no ETA on parts (seat cover/airbags) I can't get any help from ford. I am a loyal Ford girl and have been all my life. So disgusted and upset now. Just want my pickup back!!!
Sponsored

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
$21,000 in damage and they didn't total it? :eek::( That truck will never be the same again.

Washashore

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SCab Lariat 4x4
I was in a bad accident on November 2nd. The passenger side was t-boned. 21000.00 in damage, air bags are deployed. The pickup is sitting at the body shop. They have called ford and i have called numerous times!!! I was a salesman for ford for 13 years. Ive called ford credit, ford customer relations (phone number isn't working-even the gals at ford credit tried calling said, you're right, the number doesn't work!!) I am so frustrated. I am making payments on a pickup that's sitting at a body shop with absolutely no ETA on parts (seat cover/airbags) I can't get any help from ford. I am a loyal Ford girl and have been all my life. So disgusted and upset now. Just want my pickup back!!!
Pam,

Sorry for your situation...

Have you considered contacting your insurance company and asking if they would total your truck? If you have gap or replacement coverage, you may be made whole...

Just a thought..

JM

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
$21,000 in damage and they didn't total it? :eek::( That truck will never be the same again.
I'm sure that wasn't the comfort he was looking for. $21,000 in body work, panels, paint, interior items can add up very quickly!

I'm sure it is very frustrating! I would think that due to the lack of parts Ford Credit should be able to pause your payments until the truck is completed. Keep calling and emailing!

wolfhawk73

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 SuperCab
I hope that you can get a resolution by getting the truck totaled. With my insurance company and most companies in my state, $21,000.00 in damage would total a vehicle valued at $84,000. Your truck will have continuing issues for the entire time you own it if you're forced to repair it.

I hope you're okay as well!!!

y2krtaf

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Aircraft mechanic
Due to the COVID........

OP
OP
Pnytail1984

Pnytail1984

First Name
Pam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Former ford salesman
Nope, has to be 80% of retail. I'm leasing it. I will not be buying it at the end of the lease now. If i ever get it back!!

OP
OP
Pnytail1984

Pnytail1984

First Name
Pam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Former ford salesman
I hope that you can get a resolution by getting the truck totaled. With my insurance company and most companies in my state, $21,000.00 in damage would total a vehicle valued at $84,000. Your truck will have continuing issues for the entire time you own it if you're forced to repair it.

I hope you're okay as well!!!
It is not totaled. It's painted but just can't get the rest of the parts. I'm doing better, concussion, right shoulder is a little messed up and a disk in my lower back

y2krtaf

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Aircraft mechanic
That's what they are telling me. Not making any parts
Been hearing that for 4 months waiting on a pair of shocks,totally feel for you as I could not imagine making payment on a vehicle with no idea of a return timeline.

At some point I would think either insurance would step up an write it off,or the dealers may help get you into something else via some sort of trade in..

‘’All the best!

OP
OP
Pnytail1984

Pnytail1984

First Name
Pam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Former ford salesman
I'm sure that wasn't the comfort he was looking for. $21,000 in body work, panels, paint, interior items can add up very quickly!

I'm sure it is very frustrating! I would think that due to the lack of parts Ford Credit should be able to pause your payments until the truck is completed. Keep calling and emailing!
Im a female :)

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
IMO
No parts = No Payment... I get the C19 was not FoMoCo's fault but not yours either. Maybe between the insurance co and Ford leasing dept they can find you a path to another vehicle? Might be tricky sounds like a few moving parts more than the average person needs to handle, might be a good idea to get an attorney to advocate for you.

Flip side is you damage your credit potentially by walking away from the lease, kinda no-win situations. Really sorry to hear. :oops:
Sponsored

Last edited: