No parts available

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2021 Escape SEL AWD
I did 8k in damages on a Ford zx2 that was only 2 months old and it took the body shop 8 months to get all the parts to repair it. And it never drove right after that. Hope your situation is better than mine was.
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
just to wade in on the money/credit comments....

I cant take money with me when I die....and I dont know when I'll die....so a credit score is a moot point with me....i live my life as it plays out, I buy things when i can, finance things when I cant. whatever path that takes me, I'm ok with it. to be hung up on where my credit score lays, takes away from enjoying life.
I agree but a good credit score now a days is important. It's used for much more than just obtaining a loan. I don't stress over it but I also make sure it's good enough so if/when I need money I can get it especially if I own a home. Those with a good one can walk into a bank and get a loan within days, those who don't usually put it on a credit card and are more of a slave to the high interest which will burry them.

OP...Sorry about your truck! I hope they can get the parts so you can enjoy your Ranger. This darn Covid has the supply chain messed up for everything.

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
Due to the COVID........
I can't tell you how many things I've tried to buy that are in short supply and COVID-19 or SarsCoV-II is to blame:
1. Ammo
2. Firearms
3. Ham Radio Gear
4. I've heard of people unable to find CB Radio's for their truck, or when they did get the radio, they couldn't get an antenna.
5. Apple iPad and Apple Watch
6. Crescini Mushrooms
7. Puff Pastry Dough
8. Eggs - F'ing EGGS! Did chickens really stop $#!++ing eggs because of COVID?

Sure some of this is actually tied to COVID. But all of it? Really? My favorite is when you call stores and they can't perform a basic customer service function "Due to Covid Restrictions." Sooo much BS is getting laid off on Covid as a carte-blanch scape-goat for all short-commings. Imagine if I told the government, "I'm sorry but due to covid restrictions, I'm not paying my taxes this year." That wouldn't fly nearly as far.

Pam - I wouldn't recommend stopping payments, but I would ask insurance and Ford Leasing if it was time to buy your way out of the lease. They should be providing you with a comparable rental and that cost will add up enough to make it financially smart to get out of the relationship. Cut your losses and move on.

Theslim_spaydee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT (she gone) 2022 BD Bronco
Occupation
Finance
I am in a similar situation. Hit a deer on November 15th about 7,000 in damages and have had the expected completion pushed back several times it is now January 21st. They are missing four bumper mount pieces or something.

Try reaching out to ford on twitter I had some response from them there.

OP
OP
Pnytail1984

Pnytail1984

First Name
Pam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang & 2019 Ranger
Occupation
Former ford salesman
I can't tell you how many things I've tried to buy that are in short supply and COVID-19 or SarsCoV-II is to blame:
1. Ammo
2. Firearms
3. Ham Radio Gear
4. I've heard of people unable to find CB Radio's for their truck, or when they did get the radio, they couldn't get an antenna.
5. Apple iPad and Apple Watch
6. Crescini Mushrooms
7. Puff Pastry Dough
8. Eggs - F'ing EGGS! Did chickens really stop $#!++ing eggs because of COVID?

Sure some of this is actually tied to COVID. But all of it? Really? My favorite is when you call stores and they can't perform a basic customer service function "Due to Covid Restrictions." Sooo much BS is getting laid off on Covid as a carte-blanch scape-goat for all short-commings. Imagine if I told the government, "I'm sorry but due to covid restrictions, I'm not paying my taxes this year." That wouldn't fly nearly as far.

Pam - I wouldn't recommend stopping payments, but I would ask insurance and Ford Leasing if it was time to buy your way out of the lease. They should be providing you with a comparable rental and that cost will add up enough to make it financially smart to get out of the relationship. Cut your losses and move on.
I'm only a year into a three year lease. Single and payment affordability is important to me

OP
OP
Pnytail1984

Pnytail1984

First Name
Pam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Former ford salesman
Daaayyuumm...that's ridiculous. Glad to hear you are ok (besides the injuries, which I hope will get better). Wish you all the best in dealing with getting it fixed...and yeah... I definitely wouldn't purchase it off lease. With that being said...do you have to disclose that when you turn it back in when it goes off lease? Any penalties for something like that? I've never leased a vehicle before so kinda curious.
I'm trying to remember. I had a customer that totaled one back when i was selling. I think it just has to be fixed back to like new. But they know, i've been in contact with them trying to figure out what to do. And i used to work for them. It'll show up on the carfax obviously as severe damage. Thats why i don't want to keep it. If i were ever to trade it in, big no no. THis is why i used to sell so many leases. Something like this happens, get it fixed and turn it back at the end of the lease!

OP
OP
Pnytail1984

Pnytail1984

First Name
Pam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Former ford salesman
Actually it does. Zero credit score means you borrow nothing there for you are unable to be rated.

It doesn't say zero in a literal sense, you just cannot be rated. That is why people often say "It is better to have a bad credit score than no credit score" - they mean with a bad score you can get a loan, just at a really shitty rate even without a co-signer or downpayment. With no score you may not get the loan period without a co-signer or large down payment.

All my 770 score means is I am a good little slaver and I utilize less than 15% of my available credit and pay my stuff on time. One day I hope to freeze my score and destroy all forms of credit. Probably after my home is paid off.

Debt is nothing more than bondage to another. In some cases its more extreme than others. (think 850 score vs. poor scmuck with 400 score who has to go to pay day loan places, aka predatory lending)

Its a really bad game. To reach 850 you actually have to utilize greater sums of credit to reach it. So for example for the sake of being transparent, I have something like $20,000 in unsecured credit available to me right now. I never use greater than a few thousand at a time and usually pay the balance off a few times a year before something else comes along I want to buy. I always pay on time. This is over years. However I have yet to break 800.

I cannot reach 850 by taking out a $100 loan and never going past a $15 balance. It would be to easy to cheat the system. Its setup in a way so you need greater account amounts to "convince" them of a greater score. Really really dark crap if you look into it.

My excuse? I like 5% back on Amazon - generally my Amazon store card is the only thing I use. Every time I blow $1,000 on Amazon I get a free $50. Sometimes you can catch 10% back deals.

The rest of my cards are simply there as the "world is ending haha I'm maxing these bitches out and never paying" kind of thing. lmao
I was on here because of not being able to get parts.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Pam,

I get that....parts issues stink. Open up a formal complaint with Ford Customer Care. It may help and certainly won't hurt.

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Explorer Sport
For anyone who gets in a wreck in a newer vehicle and it's not your fault, make sure you file a diminished value claim. They definitely won't offer it up. When I was hit in December of '19 in my truck, the damage was $5500. However, I filed a dimished value claim and they sent me a check for $6200 to cover the amount the vehicle had diminished in value due to having an accident on carfax.

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
They don't make "parts". It's my understanding that all the "parts" are actually production line parts that are rejected for use on the assembly line.
When I was in an accident with my Fusion they had no parts available. They had to pull them off the assemble line to get it repaired.

I wish I had known about the diminished value claim, my solution was to trade it in at the dealership that owned the body shop. They gave me full value despite the $3k in damages (led headlights, fender, and windshield)

When my Fusion was tied up for 3 weeks because of part availability I called the dealer that owned the shop. I offered to trade it in toward a new Ford if they took it off my hands now. They were able to get parts overnighted and I had it back in 3 days. That probably won't work for you, but you might be able to get out of this lease and into a new Ranger lease.

Ds_2020Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL FX4
For anyone who gets in a wreck in a newer vehicle and it's not your fault, make sure you file a diminished value claim. They definitely won't offer it up. When I was hit in December of '19 in my truck, the damage was $5500. However, I filed a dimished value claim and they sent me a check for $6200 to cover the amount the vehicle had diminished in value due to having an accident on carfax.

This is something I wish I had known a long time ago. I bought a brand new 2011 Mazdaspeed 3, I was rear ended a few months after purchase(fully repaired). When I went to get rid of it a few years later, my car bluebooked for 19k, but due to that rear ending I could only get 11K. I found out about this diminished value after.

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
i always wonder how much this is true, or whether its just fluff talk to make you feel special and all warm and fuzzy inside that Ford would make such a sacrifice for you? you know, in the interest of customer satisfaction surveys.
It didn't make me feel better, their wording was long the lines of "It's going to be another two weeks, the only headlights available are on the assembly line and we have to wait for them to pull a set off it for you"

Ronbo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4+
Occupation
Retired LEO Sgt., USAF & USA Veteran.
Vehicle Showcase
There are parts, and then there are the right parts.
Hope you get the right parts. ;)
90EE4896-F5B8-4E7A-AF48-6A72BDDACAA6.jpeg
Sponsored