Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang & 2019 Ranger
Occupation
Former ford salesman
Im a female :)
Pam,

Sorry for your situation...

Have you considered contacting your insurance company and asking if they would total your truck? If you have gap or replacement coverage, you may be made whole...

Just a thought..

JM
Ive talked to insurance, not much help there. And now the truck has been fixed and painted so there's going to be that huge bill. Believe me since i sold forever i've tried about everything.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Pnytail1984

Pnytail1984

First Name
Pam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Former ford salesman
I'm sure that wasn't the comfort he was looking for. $21,000 in body work, panels, paint, interior items can add up very quickly!

I'm sure it is very frustrating! I would think that due to the lack of parts Ford Credit should be able to pause your payments until the truck is completed. Keep calling and emailing!
For credit put my payment on hold for 2 months but just added it to the back of my lease, so now i'm going to end up needing to license the pickup for one month!

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
Nope, has to be 80% of retail. I'm leasing it. I will not be buying it at the end of the lease now. If i ever get it back!!
It's a lease? Oh boy. At least you won't get hit with an excess mileage charge.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
It is not totaled. It's painted but just can't get the rest of the parts. I'm doing better, concussion, right shoulder is a little messed up and a disk in my lower back
Hi Pam,

I am sorry to hear of your injuries...sounds like you and the truck took a huge hit and side air bags likely helped to a degree. Wish I could offer some advice to your situation, but it is an arena in which I have only limited experience. Our handicapped daughter leases a new vehicle every 3 years and has had one vehicle damaged in a parking garage while she was at work... We took it to the dealer for a door reskin and repaint. Her insurance which is through her school system paid the whole cost of repairing the vehicle. Poor Laura Lee was in tears as she though it was her fault.... We got her calmed down and got her taxi cab rides to the bus she uses to go cross town to work. Ford Credit was easy with which to work...not sure why other than Covid.

Seems your insurance company is asleep at the switch...

On a side note....I have never seen a parts shortage like the 5G Ranger has experienced! Something is wrong but no idea what...

Best of Luck to you!
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Years ago I had a vehicle that sustained major damage like this. I thought for sure they would total it. Nope! They called and said they were going to fix it. So, tried reasoning with them as to why they wouldn’t total it and got some lame reasons back. Ok I thought, let’s try this approach then. When they called me back for my approval to go ahead and start work I said to them, only way I’m signing up for anything is if you provide me with a letter that says you guarantee my, and my families safety in this vehicle when repairs are completed. They said they would get back to me on that request. 2 hours later they called back, we’re totaling your car. Check will be sent out tomorrow.

OP
OP
Pnytail1984

Pnytail1984

First Name
Pam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Former ford salesman
Hi Pam,

I am sorry to hear of your injuries...sounds like you and the truck took a huge hit and side air bags likely helped to a degree. Wish I could offer some advice to your situation, but it is an arena in which I have only limited experience. Our handicapped daughter leases a new vehicle every 3 years and has had one vehicle damaged in a parking garage while she was at work... We took it to the dealer for a door reskin and repaint. Her insurance which is through her school system paid the whole cost of repairing the vehicle. Poor Laura Lee was in tears as she though it was her fault.... We got her calmed down and got her taxi cab rides to the bus she uses to go cross town to work. Ford Credit was easy with which to work...not sure why other than Covid.

On a side note....I have never seen a parts shortage like the 5G Ranger has experienced! Something is wrong but no idea what...

Best of Luck to you!
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Ya, i can't get any help from any direction. I'm a strong female but have been in tears a couple times in the last couple months because of all of this.

SILK

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Crew Cab Sport, 2018 Santa Cruz Tallboy
Occupation
IT Director
Pam,

Sorry for your situation...

Have you considered contacting your insurance company and asking if they would total your truck? If you have gap or replacement coverage, you may be made whole...

Just a thought..

JM
Many insurance companies have GAP included in your coverage. I made the mistake of paying GAP before finding out that it was part of my policy. Check there if GAP becomes an issue.

OP
OP
Pnytail1984

Pnytail1984

First Name
Pam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Former ford salesman
Many insurance companies have GAP included in your coverage. I made the mistake of paying GAP before finding out that it was part of my policy. Check there if GAP becomes an issue.
Body work and paint are already done. Just can't get the parts to finish the pickup

OP
OP
Pnytail1984

Pnytail1984

First Name
Pam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Former ford salesman
I"m leasing. GAP is included but if it's not totaled doesnt matter

OP
OP
Pnytail1984

Pnytail1984

First Name
Pam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Former ford salesman
Hi Pam,

Best of Luck to you!
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Ya like i said i sold for Ford for 13 years. If this happened to one of my customers i would be furious and be losing sleep over it. I can't believe how i can't get any help. I've been kind and asked questions and all i get is the standard, i understand response.

Ranger Danger01

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
Nope, has to be 80% of retail. I'm leasing it. I will not be buying it at the end of the lease now. If i ever get it back!!
Daaayyuumm...that's ridiculous. Glad to hear you are ok (besides the injuries, which I hope will get better). Wish you all the best in dealing with getting it fixed...and yeah... I definitely wouldn't purchase it off lease. With that being said...do you have to disclose that when you turn it back in when it goes off lease? Any penalties for something like that? I've never leased a vehicle before so kinda curious.