New Truck Journey

Ron L.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Retired
I normally lurk and react to other's posts with a comment now and then but felt I would step out of character and post for a change.

With the order banks opening for the 2024 Ranger Raptor I finally saw my opportunity to order what I always thought was my dream truck. Unlike some have stated on here I actually liked the look of the 2024's and especially the Raptor. But as many are finding out, getting my name in first or getting it on one of the Raptors already ordered by a dealership was pretty near impossible.

One dealer that I talked to locally even went so far as to tell me that they would not pre-sell the one they had ordered and that when it arrived they were going to add a $15.000 ADM plus going off what was said to me. they are planning to add their Rousch treatment to it also so that the asking price was going to be near $100.000 for a $57,000 truck. I just shook my head as I turned my back on the salesman and walked out the door.

A couple of days later ads for local dealers popped up on my computer. One of them caught my eye as it was the color that I would have ordered on a Raptor. On closer inspection I found a 2023 Lariat with the Tremor package listed as in-transit to a dealership about 25 miles from where I live. This got me thinking about just how much I really needed or even wanted all of the features that the Raptor would have. Such as, when I don't do a whole lot of offroad, how many different driving modes would I ever use. Also my chances of ever getting a chance to use baja mode in sand dunes are pretty slim. I came to the conclusion that my inner "Tim Taylor" had come to the surface briefly.

After thinking about Sid and others talking about their trans problems, with 80,000 miles on my 2019 XLT, I only have about 20,000 left until "ka-boom". So the next day I made the drive. Lou Gehrig met me at the door. No shit, that is the salesman's name. He had me drive a Tremor that they had on the lot to get a comparison to my FX4 and then we got down to business on the in-transit truck. The trade-in value that they gave me was maybe a little lower than I would have liked but there is NO ADM and I will still be getting a new truck for less than half the sticker price. Yes, there are still some decent dealers out there.

So, bottom line is that with a $300 deposit, come the first week of July I will be the owner of a new 2023 Ranger Lariat Tremor! Sorry for the novel but just thought I would share for a change.

For those waiting for pictures I finally got time. Sorry for the wait.
IMG_20230624_183124436_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230705_104217515.jpg
IMG_20230624_183007719_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230705_104238146.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Congrats Ron you're going to love the Tremor! It rides so much better than my '19 even after I put the Eibach suspension on it. The seats are super comfy too, transmission is shifting surprisingly smooth and my stickers were even put on straight. lol

I have my name on a couple dealers lists for a Raptor but after getting my Tremor back mid May I'm not as anxious to go forward with it. Sure I'd like one but like you said do I really need all these drive modes and extra bells and whistles? Plus the Raptor is wider so it's really not the best choice if you're taking it off road in most areas. The more I drive my Tremor the more (so far) I love it! I might just add a longer extended warranty to it in a few months and call it a day.

What color is it?

OP
OP
Ron L.

Ron L.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Congrats Ron you're going to love the Tremor! It rides so much better than my '19 even after I put the Eibach suspension on it. The seats are super comfy too, transmission is shifting surprisingly smooth and my stickers were even put on straight. lol

I have my name on a couple dealers lists for a Raptor but after getting my Tremor back mid May I'm not as anxious to go forward with it. Sure I'd like one but like you said do I really need all these drive modes and extra bells and whistles? Plus the Raptor is wider so it's really not the best choice if you're taking it off road in most areas. The more I drive my Tremor the more (so far) I love it! I might just add a longer extended warranty to it in a few months and call it a day.

What color is it?
Azure Gray Metallic

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I will probably pull the one off before trade in.
Take the 2 middle bed tie downs too while you're at it and the engine cover. I doubt the dealer will notice and it'll save you over $300 later replacing them.

OP
OP
Ron L.

Ron L.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Take the 2 middle bed tie downs too while you're at it and the engine cover. I doubt the dealer will notice and it'll save you over $300 later replacing them.
Thought about that. Don't think they will let me pull a"Dave" though. Lol

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
There is Wisdom here. Heed him!

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
There's a lot more items but unlike my situation where I took everything I think the dealer would notice. lol
Yes, maybe, but those specific items are pretty unobtrusive and easily looked over.
When I traded my '19 in, the dealer never even drove it or looked under the hood. I probably could have taken several things off and they'd never have known. As it is I only took the WeatherTech floor mats and the engine cover.

DaveT

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Ranger Tremor
Occupation
retired
I have a 2023 Tremor and for the most part, I like it. What I don't like is the small center screen and the lousy mileage of the 2.3 (18.5 mpg on regular gas). Both of these are better in the '24. But, like you, I took what I could get and refused to pay an exorbitant mark up.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
I normally lurk and react to other's posts with a comment now and then but felt I would step out of character and post for a change.

With the order banks opening for the 2024 Ranger Raptor I finally saw my opportunity to order what I always thought was my dream truck. Unlike some have stated on here I actually liked the look of the 2024's and especially the Raptor. But as many are finding out, getting my name in first or getting it on one of the Raptors already ordered by a dealership was pretty near impossible.

One dealer that I talked to locally even went so far as to tell me that they would not pre-sell the one they had ordered and that when it arrived they were going to add a $15.000 ADM plus going off what was said to me. they are planning to add their Rousch treatment to it also so that the asking price was going to be near $100.000 for a $57,000 truck. I just shook my head as I turned my back on the salesman and walked out the door.

A couple of days later ads for local dealers popped up on my computer. One of them caught my eye as it was the color that I would have ordered on a Raptor. On closer inspection I found a 2023 Lariat with the Tremor package listed as in-transit to a dealership about 25 miles from where I live. This got me thinking about just how much I really needed or even wanted all of the features that the Raptor would have. Such as, when I don't do a whole lot of offroad, how many different driving modes would I ever use. Also my chances of ever getting a chance to use baja mode in sand dunes are pretty slim. I came to the conclusion that my inner "Tim Taylor" had come to the surface briefly.

After thinking about Sid and others talking about their trans problems, with 80,000 miles on my 2019 XLT, I only have about 20,000 left until "ka-boom". So the next day I made the drive. Lou Gehrig met me at the door. No shit, that is the salesman's name. He had me drive a Tremor that they had on the lot to get a comparison to my FX4 and then we got down to business on the in-transit truck. The trade-in value that they gave me was maybe a little lower than I would have liked but there is NO ADM and I will still be getting a new truck for less than half the sticker price. Yes, there are still some decent dealers out there.

So, bottom line is that with a $300 deposit, come the first week of July I will be the owner of a new 2023 Ranger Lariat Tremor! Sorry for the novel but just thought I would share for a change.
That’s wonderful! Congratulations! :clap:

JasonTremor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor XLT

You picked the best dealership in the area! I have met Lou before and he was very helpful. Have bought three vehicles from the dealership over the years. Their service department is excellent as well.
Sponsored