First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Hey everyone!
I recently received my 2020 Ford Ranger in Sept, and loving every second of it!
I'm looking to add 3" leveling kit and upgrade the tires to 275/70R18. I'm unsure if I'll need spacers or if any other work is needing to prevent rubbing. Any insight on this topic would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored

DakotaRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Hey everyone!
I'm looking to add 3" leveling kit and upgrade the tires to 275/70R18. I'm unsure if I'll need spacers or if any other work is needing to prevent rubbing. Any insight on this topic would be greatly appreciated!
Hey hoser, I went with Falken Wildpeak AT/3w's and like them so far. Look good and not much road noise, also snow flake rated.

Jamesb

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat, 501A, Build Date 12/19
Occupation
Engineering
Check out @BowWow nice build.. He's another Canadian and I think went with same tires.

BowWow build If anything he'd probably be a good resource..

Cheers and welcome to Ranger5g. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Sillyguy96

Sillyguy96

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Check out @BowWow nice build.. He's another Canadian and I think went with same tires.

BowWow build If anything he'd probably be a good resource..

Cheers and welcome to Ranger5g. :thumbsup:
This is exactly what I've been trying to find, thank you! Can't wait to add everything! Loving the truck but there's lots to do! :like:

BowWow

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Hey everyone!
Thanks for the shout-out, @Jamesb! I did put 1" spacers on with the stock 18" rims because I was worried about the tight clearance between the stock tire and the top of the steering knuckle. After installing the spacers and the new 175/70R18 tires I have about 1" clearance, so the tires are about 1 1/2" wider than stock (if my math is correct...). You could probably get by with even 1/4" spacers, but that would still leave you uncomfortably close. The problem with the 1" and greater spacers is that it pushes the tires into contact with the crash bars. I removed the front crash bars entirely before I installed the tires, but left the rears alone. After putting the tires on i think I may have been able to just loosen the fronts and push them forward, and I'd have cleared them. I'd still have had to cut the plastic trim that covers the bars, but I'd still have the bars. (I cut them in order to remove them, so they ain't going back in...) However, the tires did contact the rear crash bars, so I ended up cutting them. I used a 4 1/2" angle grinder with a thin cutting wheel to cut both the front and back bars.

Hope this helps!

DanaBovender

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
From the Florida Panhandle Residing in Germany
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Gov Employee
With a 3" leveling spacer and a 1/4" wheel spacer (may need, may not) you can get 285/65 18's on it without rubbing. Some folks get a rub, some don't depends on your intrusion beams.
You can push them back or get a set of either BDS, or FabTech beams.

Todd

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
LE
truck and new tires.jpg
I I went with the cooper Rugged Trek, nice meaty and nice ride. there isn't much road hum.
truck and new tires.jpg
Sponsored