First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4X4, 2016 Corvette Stingray
Occupation
REALTOR
Gearing up for our first child! I am looking for suggestions on must haves for the new travel partner.

Looking for suggestions on things like window shades, vehicle baby cameras, seat protectors, go-bags, etc.
We have an infant car seat and stroller but will eventually need the next size up on those items.

Thanks all!
Same as when we were raised. Standing on the front seat holding on to the dash. Easy-Peazy! ?

ppfd

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tremor
Occupation
RN/Paramedic
Seems like child raring these days is made more complicated.
My kid is grown and on her own.
Let offer up something different.
Be apart of your child’s life. Do things with your child. Teach you child life skills. Do physical activities with your child.
GF and I went out to dinner the other night. I noticed a table had 3 kids with thier fat parents. All 3 had cell phones and an ipad. Few months back was eating at the same place, 2 “mommies” were yacking away, little boy with is face glued to a tablet. Wanted to ask his mom a question. She told him to look it up on his tablet.

Teach your kid to read, play games, how to get dirty, climb a tree, etc.
My girl had a BB gun, and Barbie’s, she read books, played sports, did her homework. Went to college for a degree she can use and now owns a restaurant in downtown Pittsburg, and is getting ready open another one.

Oh, and don’t forget your child in the backseat of your vehicle.

Illking

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XL
Congrats! Our ranger is great for the kiddo. Love being able to toss strollers bikes toys all the beach gear in the bed. I double bagged the rear seats with covercraft endura seat covers and an amazon dog cover to go over that. Once you get into the snack while driving phase you'll realize crumbs, yogurt, spills, sand, sticks (its a currency among toddlers) anything and everything will find its way wedged into the smallest of crevices. the well fitting seat covers and dog cover do an amazing job of protecting my interior. oh and Husky floor liners are great!

CB750F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ / SCAB Ranger XLT/FX4 & various motos
Occupation
Human
Congrats!
All good advice here.
Enjoy your child/children(?), mine are now close to 30 & I can't
remember the last 30 yrs, it just flies' by . Take pics, never enough!

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Gearing up for our first child! I am looking for suggestions on must haves for the new travel partner.

Looking for suggestions on things like window shades, vehicle baby cameras, seat protectors, go-bags, etc.
We have an infant car seat and stroller but will eventually need the next size up on those items.

Thanks all!
Congratulations, Andrew! Enjoy every moment! :inlove:

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
Same as when we were raised. Standing on the front seat holding on to the dash. Easy-Peazy! ?
While every adult in the car is smoking! Can still remember it.

:puke:

TheHyper1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Supercrew Lariat FX4
Occupation
Data Analyist
Wow! Congrats!
As others have said, all you really need is a good quality and sturdy car seat - turned backward for the first year. That'll keep the little rascal as safe as possible - which is all that really matters. Enjoy every minute and spend as much time as possible with them. They'll be grown and gone in a flash.

BettaRanga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Screw 4x4 Lariat 501a Blk App Carbonized Gray
I recommend the Lusso Gear Car Seat Protector to protect your seats from permanent indentations in the seat caused by the infant car seat. I have cheaper thinner ones for my older kids’ booster seats, but the thickness afforded by this seat cover is perfect for protecting against the pressure of a baby’s car seat. Otherwise expect some potential permanent indentation.
Sponsored