First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT / 2017 Super Duty Lariat
Occupation
Retired !!!
Just traded in wifey's 2019 XLT 4x4 cc on a 2022 XLT sc Hot Pepper Red ? . It was getting up in miles and wanted to buy now so it will be paid off when she retires .
She had in her mind that she wanted to look at a Maverick , but none around here and to order would take months . We went to the dealership and she saw this one . It was the only new one the lot and had only been there two days . It was an order that the buyer backed out of .
Long story short , she now has a new truck that I don't have to worry about her breaking down somewhere . (fingers crossed)
Sponsored

TVRangerSTX

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercab XLT; 1969 Mercury Cougar convertible; Honda 500XL
Occupation
Bethlehem Steel/Self-Employed Metallurgist
Just traded in wifey's 2019 XLT 4x4 cc on a 2022 XLT sc Hot Pepper Red ? . It was getting up in miles and wanted to buy now so it will be paid off when she retires .
She had in her mind that she wanted to look at a Maverick , but none around here and to order would take months . We went to the dealership and she saw this one . It was the only new one the lot and had only been there two days . It was an order that the buyer backed out of .
Long story short , she now has a new truck that I don't have to worry about her breaking down somewhere . (fingers crossed)
Very nice..."Happy wife, dot dot dot"?
Sheesh, I have a 2019 HPR CCab, don't tell me I have to worry about breaking down? Not....

Canadian Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amsoil.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Amsoil Dealer
Haha well.. planning to keep things pretty basic. I don't want the FX4 package - it's mostly for hauling, towing and long trips. Got a little one so the things I'd likely want to improve:

Horsepower - possible to get 300hp out of it rather than 270 maybe?
Ride - better shocks or whatever is needed
Anti-Rust - do they struggle with rusting out from what you all have seen? Is there a recommended undercoat?
Everything rusts. Fluid Film and PB Blaster's Surface Shield are the best on the market. Watch RepairGeek on YouTube, he'll prove that I'm not crazy lol. I've been using Fluid Film for over 20 years and its amazing.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Haha well.. planning to keep things pretty basic. I don't want the FX4 package - it's mostly for hauling, towing and long trips. Got a little one so the things I'd likely want to improve:

Anti-Rust - do they struggle with rusting out from what you all have seen? Is there a recommended undercoat?
1. Horsepower - 300+ HP easily obtained with a tune from Unleashed, Livernois, or the FPP tune (~$500-$700)
2. Ride - Quick, reasonable cost (~$200), and 30 minutes in the driveway improvement in ride by replacing the rear shocks with Bilstein, Eibach, or Fox rear shocks.
3. Rust - Several suggestions listed above to look into. I'm not in a rust prone area so I don't really have any first hand experience here.

None of these suggestions take into account just how much faster your truck will be due to how much lighter your wallet is ?

Stevedbvik1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor XLT
Occupation
Retired

Welcome
Horsepower- 270 hp tows and hauls fine. So 300+ becomes a want instead of a need
Ride- I have the Tremor package and it rides great
Anti-Rust- I’m in Michigan ( means plenty of salted roads in the native tongue) and I went with Krown

RicksRanger

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger 2017 Mustang GT 1966 Mustang 1966 F100
Occupation
Retired
Hello everyone. Rick here, I have been looking at this site since September when I purchased my Ranger. I have found a lot of great information, so I decided to join. Loving it so far. This is a picture of my Ranger. I already got Forscan and did some of the mods.
Ranger15.jpg

Ranger16.jpg

Bsenecal

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew, 2017 Ford Fusion Sport, 1968 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Military
Hello everyone. Rick here, I have been looking at this site since September when I purchased my Ranger. I have found a lot of great information, so I decided to join. Loving it so far. This is a picture of my Ranger. I already got Forscan and did some of the mods.
Ranger15.jpg

Ranger16.jpg
Nice looking truck, welcome. Love the hop pepper red!
Bria

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Ranger15.jpg
Welcome Rick - nice colour!

Now, how about some pics that look a bit like this…..

A52202B0-D65C-42F1-8F33-DCE66C261AAC.jpeg

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase

Crow_of_judgement

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 ranger screw lariat
Occupation
Parks and recreation maintenance
My only gripes are 1. The auto start/stop feature, pushing the little button is annoying but I hear there's a little module I can install that deactivates it and 2. Despite having the trailer package and place for saftey chains to hook up, I don't have a factory receiver hitch, I'll have to order one and install it myself before the summer.

Loving the ecoboost though, my last truck was an 06 silverado with the 4.3 and this little motor is lightyears better.
Sponsored