New Members Introduce Yourself!

Palibouss

First Name
Tony
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford ranger
Yw. I added a tune for my Audi, did exhaust work and new air filters, has 3.0 turbo 6 went from 340 hp & 380 tq to 415 hp 460tq. This ranger is my first engine mod. Goal is to have around 320ish hp. Do you have any mods on your?
B52E5671-96AC-4616-8730-3900DE6CC1DE.png

Advertisement

Bsenecal

First Name
Brian
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew, 2017 Ford Fusion Sport, 1968 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Military
Thank you for the info on the CAI.
Those are some impressive numbers.
I have an AWE cat back on my Ranger and while they are pricey I am very happy with the sound and slight increase in HP.
I have a 2017 Ford Fusion Sport with a 2.7 twin turbo V-6 with a Steeda CAI giving it about 340 hp and 390 ftlbtq.
Very fun car as it replaced a 2013 Focus ST that had numerous mods.
Brian

CB750F

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ / SCAB Ranger XLT/FX4 & various motos
Occupation
Human
Good day folks!

May as well introduce myself. Bought a 2020 Scab XLT, FX4, 302A, towing pkg on the 21st. I was looking online but only a few scabs so I went to a dealer to see what he could find. $5k off so I we bought.
I've been reading this site for well over a year now & familiar with issues that pop up.
- Tires, well, I have the Hankook(3 peak/snow flake) & so far not too impressed.
- Gas millage - 18mpg so far, but at 400km I'll have to wait till I hit 1,500km to see'
the proper consumption.
- Gas in oil, need to check.
- Tire pressure - 38, truck says 38. Feels like a truck but quite soft.

This is part 1 of retirement plan, next is a trailer, smallest with a W/C in it. Then travel...

I love this truck. I had 2 other 90's Rangers but neither for long as the first got stolen(they found the culprits), the next I sold as I started working from home.
That was 20 yrs ago, so it's been a long time since I drove a rwd in the snow.

Great site, good group, lots of good info & thank you to all knowledgeable people
for your time.

IMG_1099[1].JPG

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
Hello all, I’m new to this forum and this is my first post. I have been pretty much obsessed with the 5th Gen Ranger since it’s development phase before it was available in foreign markets, let alone NA market. My current daily driver is an ‘02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew. It’s been a great truck but after almost 19 years, I’m ready for something new. I owned a ‘94 XLT supercab Ranger before the F-150 and loved that truck until I sold it. Those jump seats in the extended cab just wouldn’t cut it with child seats and that’s why I moved up to the F-150 to begin with. As nice as the F-150 are, they have grown too big and expensive and are more truck than I need or want. I love the current Ranger and especially with the Tremor package coming in 2021, but the lack of a SuperCrew with a long bed configuration (6’ bed) halts any future purchase. Hopefully the next gen will check all of my boxes?

With the Maverick slotting in below the Ranger, I could see the next gen gain an inch or two in a few dimensions to better split the difference between the Maverick and F-150. Who knows, maybe a SuperCrew with a long bed will be part of that plan? Ford is the only body on frame midsize lacking a crewcab/longbed configuration and I’m sure they are missing out on some of the market share because of this literal shortcoming. I know, because I’m one of those hold outs.

Bsenecal

First Name
Brian
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew, 2017 Ford Fusion Sport, 1968 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Military
Hello all, I’m new to this forum and this is my first post. I have been pretty much obsessed with the 5th Gen Ranger since it’s development phase before it was available in foreign markets, let alone NA market. My current daily driver is an ‘02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew. It’s been a great truck but after almost 19 years, I’m ready for something new. I owned a ‘94 XLT supercab Ranger before the F-150 and loved that truck until I sold it. Those jump seats in the extended cab just wouldn’t cut it with child seats and that’s why I moved up to the F-150 to begin with. As nice as the F-150 are, they have grown too big and expensive and are more truck than I need or want. I love the current Ranger and especially with the Tremor package coming in 2021, but the lack of a SuperCrew with a long bed configuration (6’ bed) halts any future purchase. Hopefully the next gen will check all of my boxes?

With the Maverick slotting in below the Ranger, I could see the next gen gain an inch or two in a few dimensions to better split the difference between the Maverick and F-150. Who knows, maybe a SuperCrew with a long bed will be part of that plan? Ford is the only body on frame midsize lacking a crewcab/longbed configuration and I’m sure they are missing out on some of the market share because of this literal shortcoming. I know, because I’m one of those hold outs.
Well said an extra foot would be nice.
Brian

Jrogers329

First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Crew Cab RWD
Occupation
Logistics
Hello. I’m John Rogers. Live in North AL. Got a 2019 XLT Crew cab 2WD in the blue color. So far, I’ve only added the tailgate damper(here we go😜). Had the truck about a year and it just rolled to 14k. Good truck overall. 2nd Ranger for me, first one was a 1994 Xtra cab 2WD. That one had the 4.0 with a manual transmission. Loved that truck. It was bulletproof. Hope this one is the same way!

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Hello. I’m John Rogers. Live in North AL. Got a 2019 XLT Crew cab 2WD in the blue color. So far, I’ve only added the tailgate damper(here we go😜). Had the truck about a year and it just rolled to 14k. Good truck overall. 2nd Ranger for me, first one was a 1994 Xtra cab 2WD. That one had the 4.0 with a manual transmission. Loved that truck. It was bulletproof. Hope this one is the same way!
Welcome John! Now that you've joined the forum be prepared as you'll be adding stuff you never knew you needed. There's a ton of info here and a lot of cool mods. Glad to see you got the best mod done already! :like:

FoD

First Name
Terry
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi John.
I doubt you'll see much about the damper (good/bad) since it seems to have burnt out as a 'talking point'. However, welcome to the Dark Side and it's all mods, all the time...prepare to PAY...but THE DAVE has a way of finding discounts (sometimes)...:crackup:

Enjoy your truck!

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT - Super Cab - Shadow Black, 2014 VW Passat - Black
Occupation
Corporate Communications Consultant & Renovation Contractor
Vehicle Showcase
I'm John. We're full-time RVers and just picked up a new, unsold ingot silver XLT. We will tow the Ranger behind the motorhome as we travel around Texas and the Southwest. Here we are leaving Galveston Island today on the ferry.

ingotonferry.jpg
Welcome John,

You‘ll find a lot of helpful folks on here that know all the best setups as well as all the pitfalls to avoid when flat towing Rangers behind their Class A rigs. Enjoy your new truck!

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
My name is Matt and I'm from Texas. I've been looking for a midsize truck for years and have always wanted a Tacoma, or so I thought. I've been patiently and not so patiently waiting for kids to get out of college and kids to get married to be able to get the truck that I wanted. I have looked and lusted for Tacomas for years but knew the Ranger had come out last year and decided to give it a test drive. No comparison when I drove them side by side. The Tacoma had less room, the ride was bumpier like I was driving an off road vehicle on the road, and the seats were so much less comfortable. Had my wife go on a side by side test drive and those were her opinions too. I started looking at Rangers and contacting dealerships all over the state. Was strongly considering a Lariat as my wife really encouraged getting leather and heated seats, but I didn't know if I wanted to spend the extra $. I contacted one in Dallas about an XLT they had listed but no pics. They sent me some pics and I knew it was the one I had been looking for. It had a little over 6k on it and the owner had the dealership put in leather, heated seats when he originally bought it. It had the bed liner already sprayed in and had Westin side bars and a Retrax tonneau cover installed. I put down a deposit before ever going to see it. To say the least, I am thrilled to have the truck that I have been dreaming about for years and I feel very fortunate to have it.
Welcome Matt - enjoy your new truck!

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

Advertisement

Advertisement