New Member, New Truck, and Failure @100 miles.

MikeyTX

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Lariat Supercrew; '21 MX-5 Miata
Occupation
Retired Military/Law enforcement
Was this Bob Tomes Ford perchance ?
Sponsored

azdriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
System Administrator I

MikeyTX

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
OP
OP

JimInAllen

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger STX SuperCrew 2WD
Occupation
Cybersecurity Consultant
Update...

I know they are working on it, as my Ford app has sent me several notifications that my ABS, Traction Control, etc have all disabled.

Total miles. 370. 37 at purchase from the test drive and 6 when I started. 270 back and forth to the dealership.

And to the earlier poster, no it's not Bob Tomes, but not much better. Looking on Carvana for grins, would you believe I'd get MORE for the new Ranger than I paid for it. Like 4g more. Things are nuts.

Driving my son to camp on Sunday, we drove past several country dealerships that had zero new cars, and a couple of used. There's just no inventory and with Taiwan experiencing a drought, the chip situation is only getting worse.

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Update...

I know they are working on it, as my Ford app has sent me several notifications that my ABS, Traction Control, etc have all disabled.

Total miles. 370. 37 at purchase from the test drive and 6 when I started. 270 back and forth to the dealership.

And to the earlier poster, no it's not Bob Tomes, but not much better. Looking on Carvana for grins, would you believe I'd get MORE for the new Ranger than I paid for it. Like 4g more. Things are nuts.

Driving my son to camp on Sunday, we drove past several country dealerships that had zero new cars, and a couple of used. There's just no inventory and with Taiwan experiencing a drought, the chip situation is only getting worse.
Ughhhh. I would have just hoped that with the situation with the truck having been freshly driven off the lot they would have just said screw it and invalidated the sale to get you into a working truck! Hopefully they are making headway into fixing it!

OP
OP

JimInAllen

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger STX SuperCrew 2WD
Occupation
Cybersecurity Consultant
Ughhhh. I would have just hoped that with the situation with the truck having been freshly driven off the lot they would have just said screw it and invalidated the sale to get you into a working truck! Hopefully they are making headway into fixing it!
The challenge is anymore there are no other trucks on the lot, or in many other dealers lot. And in many cases what they have they are "uplifting" with add-ons pushing prices 10k higher.

Ranger54

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Service advisor
The challenge is anymore there are no other trucks on the lot, or in many other dealers lot. And in many cases what they have they are "uplifting" with add-ons pushing prices 10k higher.
In my opinion this sounds like the harness plug not seated issue I read up on before buying my ranger. I would take a deep breath and see what they find. These trucks as a whole are super reliable. I’d be frustrated too, but being a service advisor myself these things don’t scare me or kill my confidence with other brands, but I deal with broken cars every day. Get it all sorted and drive and enjoy it. Every manufacturer out there has issues. Trust me. Lol

MikeyTX

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Update...

RE: Tomes. You mean there's worse ? Let me count the ways. :LOL: That would include the entire N TX Ford dealer network. That is why my Fords go to Sykora Ford in the town of West, TX for service!

pjs823

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
self employed
That's what I told Ford Customer Care. I tweeted them and they have been responsive.
This is my first Ford and my last! Some cool features but a piece of junk compared to all 5 Tacoma's I owned. And MPG sucks! 18. I complained to the crappy dealer with no good answer

JeffWoodall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX 4X4
Occupation
Security, Retired military (20 yrs), retired law enforcement (15 yrs)
Vehicle Showcase
Greetings All,

This is my first post to the forum, as I (a week ago) traded in my 2011 Ford Ranger Supercab for a new 2021 Ford Ranger STX SE Crew Cab. I needed to take my son to summer camp, and then visit relatives in Ohio over the weekend and next week, and decided a new truck would be much more comfortable. Paid the balance in cash.

Sure enough, two days later with around 100 miles, it consistantly looses ABS, Traction Control, Braking PreAssist, etc when you turn right. Not left, not straight, but every time you turn right at speeds over 25.

Showed it to the dealer, resetting it and tripping it again, and their computer showed loss of communications with the Steering Angle Sensor, and both right side ABS sensors. They are not sure how long it will take to fix, and there are no loaners available. Just filed a Ford Customer Care complaint via Twitter.

To be honest friends, while I really liked the truck and found it drove great, I'm totally regretting doing the trade. They want to disassemble the truck and replace the main harness, and I know it will never be right with electrical issues right off the bat like this.

Anyone have this same problem and a positive outcome with Ford Customer Care? If my old truck hadn't already sold, I'd just prefer to unwind the whole thing.

Cheers,

JimInAllen
Especially in this circumstance, no loaners available is not an option. One call from Ford Customer Care, and they would have a loaner waiting on you. Send an email to one of the executives, if you need an email address, let me know. I had to do that with my F150 (which I traded in for my Ranger) just a few months ago. You will get a call very quickly. This isn't their fault or yours, but they can come up with a damn loaner for sure.

Leftcoast

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Crewcab
This is my first Ford and my last! Some cool features but a piece of junk compared to all 5 Tacoma's I owned. And MPG sucks! 18. I complained to the crappy dealer with no good answer
Carvana?

Leftcoast

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Crewcab
you have to answer truthfully if there are any reasons the car doesnt perform like it should, any lights on, etc. if they find a problem your promised offer will be rejected.
I didn’t quote the OP with the real grievance. I quoted the putz with the lead foot who complained about his mileage.

azdriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
System Administrator I
So what makes the Ranger a piece of junk compared to the Tacoma? I've never owned a Tacoma before so I couldn't say.

Is it the gas milage? While the gas milage isn't what I would like and I might grumble and complain a little bit I'm certainly not gaing to say the Ranger is junk because of it. It still gets the best milage of any truck I've owned. That includes my Frontier, F-150s, Ram and B2200.
Sponsored