New Member, New Truck, and Failure @100 miles.

OP
OP

JimInAllen

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger STX SuperCrew 2WD
Occupation
Cybersecurity Consultant
Got the truck back....

From the invoice, looks like the first tech said no problem found. Another tech looked at it and confirmed. Long story short, from what I can tell they reprogrammed the computers, ran some sensor reconfiguration, and updated some other stuff. I can post the details if some can interpret.

Still glad I got it when I did, as I see Ford cut all incentives and raised prices. I had a $1250 private offer, rebate, and got the dealer to take cash off as well as the crazy trade on my 2011 Ranger.

So far so good. I'll keep folks updated.
Sponsored

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Got the truck back....

From the invoice, looks like the first tech said no problem found. Another tech looked at it and confirmed. Long story short, from what I can tell they reprogrammed the computers, ran some sensor reconfiguration, and updated some other stuff. I can post the details if some can interpret.

Still glad I got it when I did, as I see Ford cut all incentives and raised prices. I had a $1250 private offer, rebate, and got the dealer to take cash off as well as the crazy trade on my 2011 Ranger.

So far so good. I'll keep folks updated.
I wish you good luck!!!!!

OP
OP

JimInAllen

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Consultant
Took a long drive today, 278 miles, and it failed with the same failure again, twice.

Rescheduled to drop it off for the third time Monday evening. Vehicle has 788 miles on it and is 3 weeks old. Real Bummer.

IMG_038FDBDDA28D-1.jpeg

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering

OP
OP

JimInAllen

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Consultant
Yes, I’ve checked all of the connectors, and so has the dealer. At least they say they did....?

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Damn. I hate this for you!!

VegasRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 STX Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Damper Salesman
I know this is probably a long shot, but check your battery voltage. On these new vehicles these days, if the voltage of the battery is low, all sorts of weird crap starts happening. Happened to me on my old Charger. If it’s low, use a trickle charger over night and once fully charged, see if the problem goes away. Just a thought.

OP
OP

JimInAllen

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Consultant
I dropped it off today, and we'll see where it goes. With so few vehicles available, I'd just like them to fix it. Drove it 600 miles this weekend to pick up my son and got 24mpg running 75-80mph!

OP
OP

JimInAllen

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Consultant
I dropped it off today, and we'll see where it goes. With so few vehicles available, I'd just like them to fix it. Drove it 600 miles this weekend to pick up my son and got 24mpg running 75-80mph!
Today the dealership offered me more than I paid for it. The offer came from the used car side. $1500 more than I paid.

I turned it down.

OP
OP

JimInAllen

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Consultant
Today the dealership offered me more than I paid for it. The offer came from the used car side. $1500 more than I paid.

I turned it down.
Oh, and I’ve only own it 3 weeks. When I dropped it off for service yesterday, the dealership had less that 23 new cars on the 14 acre complex. Service advisor said they’ve started laying off sales staff.

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

I turned it down.
Not a bad situation. I guess the only problem will be getting into another new vehicle! Good luck finding something, hope you end up in a reliable Ranger. :D

OP
OP

JimInAllen

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Consultant
Not a bad situation. I guess the only problem will be getting into another new vehicle! Good luck finding something, hope you end up in a reliable Ranger. :D
I let them know I'm not interested in selling it. It's either replace it even or fix. Hopefully they can fix it as there are few available to replace it with, and all of those are high spec models that would cost me more $$$.

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I let them know I'm not interested in selling it. It's either replace it even or fix. Hopefully they can fix it as there are few available to replace it with, and all of those are high spec models that would cost me more $$$.
Ahhhhhh. Yeah. I'd get them to replace it then. Plus, chances are; they'll just turn around and sell your broken truck to someone else.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
I just had a dark thought...
Is it possible the Ford or the Ranger whiz kids are using a lower tier vendor for chips, that aren't up to the job?.
I think @VegasRanger (post#91) has the right diagnosis, but...
Sponsored