First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
Well, If I remember correctly, they were able to make 1,185 mile trip in an EV in the same amount of time as would have taken in an ICE, including time for stops and charging, which didn't take more time than stopping for gas.

deleriumtremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
Well, If I remember correctly, they were able to make 1,185 mile trip in an EV in the same amount of time as would have taken in an ICE, including time for stops and charging, which didn't take more time than stopping for gas.
Thanks, I just couldn't look at the guy with the lava lamp in the background.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
GM did the same.

Perfect example of what happens when governments say only the rich corporations will be taxed. The “rich” just compensates by raising prices on their goods. Applies to taxes as well.
And from what I'm hearing, but don't know for sure, is that very few will qualify for that $7500. It makes sense to me, because in true Government form they show you the carrot, but keep it just out of reach for the majority.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
The things gorgeous.
If I had the money this Ranger would be on the used lot as we speak.

20220811_113713.jpg

20220811_113910.jpg
Got to love how they glue a 12" tablet to the dash that you can't unplug and take it with you to actually use as one. It would be a great anti-theft device because you can't do anything with the truck without it. The tablet is your key. Heh, I need to patent that.:like:

deleriumtremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
Got to love how they glue a 12" tablet to the dash that you can't unplug and take it with you to actually use as one. It would be a great anti-theft device because you can't do anything with the truck without it. The tablet is your key. Heh, I need to patent that.:like:
It may be too late to patent now.

I would have to take a look at the "prior art" laws nowadays, but I think it is in the public domain now. Sorry dude. :)

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
It may be too late to patent now.

I would have to take a look at the "prior art" laws nowadays, but I think it is in the public domain now. Sorry dude. :)
That's me always a day late and a few dollars short!:crying:

peterson1604

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Body shop manager
Vehicle Showcase
I think Tesla will do well as a car company going forward, but going heavily into Tesla stock (TSLA) as your retirement plan?

I will just leave these two pieces of data on going all in on Tesla the stock:

Elon Musk said in a recent interview that it's “essential” that Tesla solve its full self-driving technology (FSD). Musk feels that it should be the “overwhelming focus” for the carmaker because “it's really the difference between Tesla being worth a lot of money or worth basically zero.”Jun 15, 2022

Andrej Karpathy, Tesla's head of artificial intelligence and leader of the company's Autopilot team, is leaving the company.
Karpathy announced the departure on Twitter on Wednesday. "It's been a great pleasure to help Tesla towards its goals over the last 5 years and a difficult decision to part ways.Jul 14, 2022

Maybe just not go overweight the stock? Just sayin.... ;)
Tesla's FSD is light-years ahead of the competition and will be mainstream within 2 years. Car manufacturing is small potatoes to their future with power generation and numerous other areas they excellent in. Karpathy is one man, a team of the best engineers work on autopilot and industry experts are not concerned with his exit. As with any investment there is risk but I like the odds.

deleriumtremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
Tesla's FSD is light-years ahead of the competition and will be mainstream within 2 years. Car manufacturing is small potatoes to their future with power generation and numerous other areas they excellent in. Karpathy is one man, a team of the best engineers work on autopilot and industry experts are not concerned with his exit. As with any investment there is risk but I like the odds.
Sounds like you have it all figured out, best of luck.

peterson1604

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Body shop manager
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds like you have it all figured out, best of luck.
Kind of, I've been following and researching Tesla for awhile. The stock splits 3 for 1 today so tomorrow it will be available for around $297 a share. You might want to pick up some.

deleriumtremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
Kind of, I've been following and researching Tesla for awhile. The stock splits 3 for 1 today so tomorrow it will be available for around $297 a share. You might want to pick up some.
No, I think I will wait until the P/E gets down to more LTA numbers. They always do. ;)

But thanks for the heads up. :)
Sponsored