Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 XLT Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Art & Design
"Sheesh there's a lot of GM ads in Motor Trend these days..." :wink:

I just sold my Ranger to my youngest son, who got a sweetheart deal from Dad. I'm driving all the midsize trucks. may hold out until the 6gen ranger shows up, but so far I already miss my Ranger.
Bless you Tom, I can tell you it meant a lot to him. My dad cut me a similar deal with a 1991 Ranger some years ago and I think about the kick start it gave me all the time now.
Sponsored

bsr956

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4X4; 2013 Nissan Altima
Can't go by what I like, this boomer still likes chrome! :LOL:

Fazzie01

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT 4x2 Sport
Occupation
Engineer
Well great news, if you want that look basically every full size truck on the market offers that.

I think if someone were to photoshop full size truck headlights onto a midsize truck it would look retarded.
Well you showed two pictures of Full Sized trucks. Proportionality is a good thing. Big trucks can have big headlights, mid-size trucks should have mid-sized headlights (see 5g Ranger, last gen taco, last gen canyon/colo). Full size and mid-size trucks shouldn't have smart car headlights.

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Well you showed two pictures of Full Sized trucks. Proportionality is a good thing. Big trucks can have big headlights, mid-size trucks should have mid-sized headlights (see 5g Ranger, last gen taco, last gen canyon/colo). Full size and mid-size trucks shouldn't have smart car headlights.
I don't follow, the headlights on the new colorado's are not small? The difference in size using the Ranger is next to nothing.

1702413462492.png

And here is a poorly done MSPaint cutting the Colorado light and pasting it over the Ranger. Technically if we count length, the Colorado light is bigger...

1702413556915.png

CATX

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger TURBO
I don't follow, the headlights on the new colorado's are not small? The difference in size using the Ranger is next to nothing.

1702413462492.png

And here is a poorly done MSPaint cutting the Colorado light and pasting it over the Ranger. Technically if we count length, the Colorado light is bigger...

1702413556915.png
doesn’t matter. It LOOKS way too squinty. Mainly because it’s skinny and there’s that huge plastic expanse surrounding it.

ljames

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jameselectronics.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger 4x4 FX4, 2011 CRV,1998 Ford E250 super
Occupation
contractor
I still cringe at the look of a Jeep Gladidontownit.
New chevys look nice but,
Tell truck of the year story to the hundreds with dead batteries on their new chevys and gmc- which left them stranded.

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
I still cringe at the look of a Jeep Gladidontownit.
New chevys look nice but,
Tell truck of the year story to the hundreds with dead batteries on their new chevys and gmc- which left them stranded.
Not that the new trucks are not without issues (mine has not had anything note worthy knock on wood), but this statement is like I can't go cherry pick any model/make and paint the same picture. Which I can. Easily.

ljames

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jameselectronics.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
contractor
Not that the new trucks are not without issues (mine has not had anything note worthy knock on wood), but this statement is like I can't go cherry pick any model/make and paint the same picture. Which I can. Easily.
give me ONE example of a brand new vehicle which has left hundreds stranded in the first weeks.

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
give me ONE example of a brand new vehicle which has left hundreds stranded in the first weeks.
Give me evidence of hundreds of left stranded and are not anecdotal experiences from ColoradoFans.com or similar. If I am going to go through the effort, so are you.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
As oppose to what?

THIS?

WHITE_cc_2023NIT130018_01_1280_KAD.jpg

TRANSPARENT_cc_2023FOT110098_01_1280_YZ.png

906202490691-324051207642_4-6040391_20230220163206.jpg
For what it's worth I prefer the Second gen Titan vs the First gen. A bunch of improvements between the two. That said I would not own one with the Cummins as it has some issues on the rise that Cummins won't allow Nissan to Tackle(as in main cap bolts are coming loose at under 100K miles...... And Cummins won't let Nissan take care of it. At best replace the engine.....)

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
For what it's worth I prefer the Second gen Titan vs the First gen. A bunch of improvements between the two. That said I would not own one with the Cummins as it has some issues on the rise that Cummins won't allow Nissan to Tackle(as in main cap bolts are coming loose at under 100K miles...... And Cummins won't let Nissan take care of it. At best replace the engine.....)
Well best get your Titan while you can as 2024 is the last year, it's been cancelled. Frontier is selling ok but with all the new mid sized truck models have to wonder how long Nissan will stay in the game.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Well best get your Titan while you can as 2024 is the last year, it's been cancelled. Frontier is selling ok but with all the new mid sized truck models have to wonder how long Nissan will stay in the game.
I'm not worried about getting a brand new Titan. Not said the new frontier has had my attention for a while. Then again I'm also enjoying no vehicle payments right now

ljames

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jameselectronics.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
contractor
Give me evidence of hundreds of left stranded and are not anecdotal experiences from ColoradoFans.com or similar. If I am going to go through the effort, so are you.

People talking on forums about their problems is anecdotal, but unfortunately also true.

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase

People talking on forums about their problems is anecdotal, but unfortunately also true.
Oh good lord the TFL guy. Guess what, anecdotal doesn't matter if you are a nobody or someone with ten thousand followers. Anecdotal is anecdotal. Once you understand the core difference of anecdotal and true actual numbers you will realize your statements are nothing more than hyperbole.

You also realize that forums are a breeding ground for complaints right? No one outside of dedicated community members are comin to post, "Went to Kroger today to get milk and eggs. Car drove perfect." No, rather if you take the time to look at low post accounts they serve one of two functions before never posting again: to bitch and complain, or to buy/sell something.

Basing opinion, reviews, or otherwise on forum activity is a quick way to become an uninformed low information agitator. People who join online communities to do nothing but bitch and moan without contributing or actually looking for information just want an echo chamber to justify their pointless emotional outbursts.

You know what grow ups do when their new car has a problem? They take it back to the dealership to get it looked at, not go actively find a channel to drum up band wagon pitch fork mobs.

ljames

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jameselectronics.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
contractor