Ford Maverick, Bronco and Honda Civic win North American Truck, Utility and Car of the Year

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
The Civic and Maverick I can see but the Bronco I think is a far stretch given all the problems it's having. Between the leaking tops (both tops) blown 2.7 motors and many electrical problems it's hard to take this article from Roadshow serious. I think it'll be a great vehicle once they get all these bugs worked out and I was impressed with the two I drove on/off road but right now I'm actually glad mine was delayed. But I guess now a days everyone gets a participation trophy. ?

Mark T

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline
Occupation
bank examiner
The Civic and Maverick I can see but the Bronco I think is a far stretch given all the problems it's having. Between the leaking tops (both tops) blown 2.7 motors and many electrical problems it's hard to take this article from Roadshow serious. I think it'll be a great vehicle once they get all these bugs worked out and I was impressed with the two I drove on/off road but right now I'm actually glad mine was delayed. But I guess now a days everyone gets a participation trophy. ?
What do you think of the on-road manners of your Tremor vs. the Broncos you drove?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
What do you think of the on-road manners of your Tremor vs. the Broncos you drove?
I don't have a Tremor, I have a Lariat on 32's and a level so it's close to one. The Bronco I drove on the road was a 4dr Badlands and I didn't get to drive it to far but it drove good but hard to make a fair comparison between the two.

Now the one I drove off road I got to take out for about an hour. That was a 2dr Wildtrak and it was way nicer than the Ranger. Mostly because it had Bilstein suspension which is super plush going through the rockers and smooth and not floating/bouncy going high speed. Those that have changed out their shocks on their Ranger said its made a huge difference.

Mark T

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline
Occupation
bank examiner
I don't have a Tremor, I have a Lariat on 32's and a level so it's close to one. The Bronco I drove on the road was a 4dr Badlands and I didn't get to drive it to far but it drove good but hard to make a fair comparison between the two.

Now the one I drove off road I got to take out for about an hour. That was a 2dr Wildtrak and it was way nicer than the Ranger. Mostly because it had Bilstein suspension which is super plush going through the rockers and smooth and not floating/bouncy going high speed. Those that have changed out their shocks on their Ranger said its made a huge difference.
Thanks for the input. I suspect the coil suspension on the Bronco would also make for a smoother ride than the leaf springs do for the Ranger. Although I have read good things about the ride of the Tremor, and the others with better shocks (as you said).
Sponsored