Mpg on my new tremor

Bt_ostate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Sales
19+ mpg town regularly and just got over 24mpg with the wind and 23 mph against the wind on my first hwy trip with cruise set at 76 mph. Only have 1300 miles on it so not even broken in yet. This is with a Ford tune. The extra torque and low rpm really makes it eat up the hills! Was very pleasantly surprised by its unlimited power at higher speeds and not needing to downshift and easily eating up the hills while blowing away the 19 mpg rating on the highway. Sure didn't expect to see 24 mpg
Sponsored

ksuds49

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor & 2005 Land Rover LR3
Occupation
Do things for peoples
Manually calculated, my high has been 22 and my low 16.77 when I decided to drive more aggressively and mostly in Sport.

Ranger computer reports 1-2mpg over manual calc.

CarbonTremor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor, 04 Jaguar XJR, 21 Bronco Sport
Averaging 20.6 all stock except awe catback. Trying to decide between roush, Ford, or 5 star tube. Going to be interesting to see the mpg tuned

wxsquid

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
After 1900 miles, I’m averaging 19.5 for my daily driving from KCI area to downtown and back; did a run to Springfield and back this weekend and averaged 23mpg hand calc. ? That will play.

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Averaging 20.6 all stock except awe catback. Trying to decide between roush, Ford, or 5 star tube. Going to be interesting to see the mpg tuned
Most people see an increase in MPG, at least on highways, even with performance tunes.

Yea, the engine / transmission programming is more than likely retarded down due to EPA requirements.

5 Star is somewhat local to me, so I drove up there. Reset MPG prior to and leaving their facility.

Went from 16.2 MPG to 18.2 MPG using 70MPH on cruise control. 93 performance tune. I strictly used 93 before the tune as well. Keep in mind my poor MPG overall has more to do with my aerodynamics than the engine at this point.

LoneRNGR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Systems Engineer
I run 91 octane and no ethanol with Ford tune and k&n filter kit that came with tune.
I get much better mileage when I drive in Oklahoma. Most stations in Texas are 15% ethanol. Most stations in Oklahoma offer ethanol free fuel. When you drive ethanol free, you get noticeably better mileage.
Sponsored