My new Tremor and first round of mods

SSingh1975

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
['21 Ford Ranger XLT (Tremor) , BMW IX Electric
Congrats. I just crossed one year with my Tremor (all stock other than a 1" front level kit). Love the gas mileage when it was $7/g here in California end last year!! Still averaging about 21mpg with cheap gas..lol. I've experimented with 91 octane and didn't notice any difference so went back to 89 (Costco special!).

Only negative is my rear seat stopped latching sometime earlier this month and I haven't figured it out so its going to the Stealership this weekend.
Sponsored

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Good looking rig!
About a year ago, that dissected tree carcass in the bed would have been the most expensive accessory.
I agree! My customers were freaking out whenever I showed them lumber costs - $12 for a 2x4x8 that is normally $2 and change. ?

OP
OP
brentdog

brentdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
The 2x10x8 was $17 at Lowe's.

shb500777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW M2C, 2023 Ranger Lariat / Tremor
Looks good! I am 90% set on getting that tonneau cover. Happy with install? And use thus far?

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
I wish the Ford app had a widget where I could check vehicle status, maybe start, lock/unlock...

When you get the rokblokz get the xl ones... I'll post pictures of them in a minute.

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
PXL_20230107_192520523.MP.jpg
PXL_20230107_192415710.jpg
PXL_20230107_192457192.jpg
PXL_20230107_192446494.jpg

OP
OP
brentdog

brentdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Looks good! I am 90% set on getting that tonneau cover. Happy with install? And use thus far?
Only been a few days with it on but so far I like it. The install was somewhat frustrating and took 4-5 hours but as I told my wife afterwards now that I know what to do I could do it again in 40 minutes.

Some observations about the install of the BAKFlip Revolver 4Xs:
  • It came with 3 sets of instructions - the base instructions and 2 Ford Ranger specific instructions. There is no information about which instructions to use or what order to use them. It took a little time to figure out where to start but the order is this:
    • Install the Ford Ranger specific brackets first.
    • Then follow the other Ranger specific instructions.
    • Then go back to the base instructions about midway through. The 2nd set of Ranger instructions say to go to Step 8 but that was wrong. It is clear what step to resume on.
  • The front brackets bolt into existing 8mmx1.25x1 threads. The bed liner had cloged these threads. I tried for a while to get the bolts to thread on because it didn't look that bad. But it wasn't happening so I had to run to Lowe's and get a tap set to clean them and then watch a couple of Youtube videos to learn how to do it. It was pretty easy to do in the end.
  • The rear brackets kind of clamp on to an existing notch in the rear. Again the bed liner made it so the bolt wouldn't slide in to the notch. I used a metal file to clean the liner out. But even then it was tough to get the brackets to sit the way they were supposed to. Eventually had to use a hammer and a small wood block (to keep from scratching anything) to get them to sit right.
  • Getting the rails on is pretty straightforward except for the shims. There was a package that had the brackets and bolts and shims but it only had 4 6" long shims for the entire install. Each bracket need about 4" of shim and then the center clamp needs double 2" shims. So I cut the shims appropriately and got it all seated pretty good. Then as I'm taking the rolled up cover out of the box turns out there's like 20 more shims in the bottom of the box. DOH! Again I think I make the 4 shims work but it would have been nice to know there was more.
    • Also it wasn't clear what to shim. The brackets needed to be shim which was obvious but the instructions said to shim as needed elsewhere. The only thing that made sense was to shim between the bed caps and the bed frame where the middle clamps go. Would have been nice if the instructions were a little more specific about this.
  • Installing the cover was pretty straightforward. Just take your time and get it lined up right front to back.

Last edited:

BluBusa66

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Wholesale Parts Brondes Ford Toledo
Remote start is in the 501A package for the Lariats and it was not orderable when I ordered in Oct. I will add the RokBloks to the list for sure.
True with the 501A not being avail. I use Ford Pass the start mine.
Sponsored