Loving my new Lariat Tremor & Modding it up already!

OP
OP
Jackpot Tremor

Jackpot Tremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor 4x4
Occupation
Self Employed
OK, time for another update....

I'm really diligent about maintaining my Tremor and decided to change the OEM spark plugs and do the tranny, front diff (rear diff was already done) and transfer case drain and refill just to be extra cautious....

here's the service timeline thus far for reference....

527 miles = installed Ford Performance Tune.
2,896 miles= oil & filter change using Amsoil synthetic signature series oil & Amsoil filter.
7,709 miles = oil & filter change using Amsoil synthetic signature series oil & Amsoil filter as well as rear diff drain and refill using Amsoil severe gear synthetic oil.
12,127 miles = oil & filter change using Amsoil synthetic signature series oil & Amsoil filter.
16,550 miles = oil & filter change using Amsoil synthetic signature series oil & Amsoil filter.
19,950 miles (Yesterday 06-12-2023) oil & filter change using Amsoil synthetic signature series oil & Amsoil filter as well as front diff drain and refill using Amsoil severe gear synthetic oil. Also did trans drain and refill using Motorcraft Mercon ULV trans fluid. also did transfer case drain and refill using LV transfer case fluid. also changed out original spark plugs.

My trusted longtime mechanic said both the trans fluid AND the transfer case fluid looked surprising "dirty"......I didn't see it but that seems odd.......glad I changed it though!......why does it look "dirty at only 20,000 miles?.....why in the heck does Ford say NOT to change these fluids for so long.....I think like 150,000 miles according to the service manual.....that's just plain dumb and you're asking for trouble!

lastly, the spark plugs looked "burnt".....this is the term my mechanic used.....he said these spark plugs look like they should have had 50,000 miles on them and not 20,000 miles.....is the tune causing the plugs to wear out faster?? all I know is I'm glad I changed these as well......NO signs of water entry because I have the Ford EOM engine cover (That I bought after the fact after reading some issues on here)

I guess I'll be doing these services every 20,000 to 30,000 miles and NOT what Ford says!

also, I almost forgot......my OEM battery failed the battery test my mechanic did.....I know it's under warranty by Ford but I'm not dealing with them and getting the run around and instead I'll just get a new Interstate battery from Costco and be done with it. (EDIT as of 06-13-2023) I actually took it to the dealership today and they had it for about an hour and a half and now I have a "free" battery replacement as it was covered under warranty.

your input in the "dirty" fluids and what you think about the plugs would be helpful......attached is the plugs after he took them out as well as the box for the new ones I used......
20230612_151714_resized.jpg

20230612_151818_resized.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jackpot Tremor

Jackpot Tremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor 4x4
Occupation
Self Employed
time for another update.......my OCD always kicks in when I browse this forum so I decided to order the PPE transmission pan and had it installed yesterday along with all new ULV fluid of course and a new trans filter ( Amazon.com: Pacific Performance Engineering - Heavy-Duty Cast Aluminum Shallow Transmission Pan (Raw) 328053200 Compatible with Ford 2017+ F150, 2019+ Ranger and 2018+ Mustang with 10R80 Transmission : Automotive ......and now is shifts like butter!!......maybe it's just in my mind?!....but it does feel like it shifts smoother......the truck only has 25,560 miles on it but I want to keep it forever!......Also did an oil and filter change using AMSOIL signature series......damn I love this truck!

Tremorky

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
Occupation
CAD Designer
time for another update.......my OCD always kicks in when I browse this forum so I decided to order the PPE transmission pan and had it installed yesterday along with all new ULV fluid of course and a new trans filter ( Amazon.com: Pacific Performance Engineering - Heavy-Duty Cast Aluminum Shallow Transmission Pan (Raw) 328053200 Compatible with Ford 2017+ F150, 2019+ Ranger and 2018+ Mustang with 10R80 Transmission : Automotive ......and now is shifts like butter!!......maybe it's just in my mind?!....but it does feel like it shifts smoother......the truck only has 25,560 miles on it but I want to keep it forever!......Also did an oil and filter change using AMSOIL signature series......damn I love this truck!

Your truck is identical to mine except I’ve yet to add any lights. I have the PPE pan sitting here and my mileage is pretty identical. I have to yet to do the plugs but may soon. Changed my rear diff oil a 200 miles ago and will do other guts soon. Glad you’re enjoying the truck and it’s been good to you. I’ve had the same experience so far

Tremorky

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
Occupation
CAD Designer
my 2 year anniversary with this beast!.....zero problems and 25,000 miles of pure pleasure! :rockon::devil:

My battery was flaky. Slow Entertainment screen boots and going into deep sleep if the truck sat a few days. Took it to dealer “battery checks out ok”… but it hasn’t done it since and that was 5 months ago…. Seems they had “to do something” but they didn’t state they did. 🤷‍♂️
Sponsored