Loving my new Lariat Tremor & Modding it up already!

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
OK, I bought my Lariat Tremor on Oct. 17, 2021 and even with the .9% interest rate I hated having payments......sooooo, I just went ahead and PAID IT OFF!!....can I get a "Hell Yeah"?!!

Congrats!!!?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jackpot Tremor

Jackpot Tremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor 4x4
Occupation
Self Employed

Friday yet?

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
OP
OP
Jackpot Tremor

Jackpot Tremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self Employed
Looks good!

Surprised at the new shoes already. How many miles were on the Generals?

My Tremor just turned 17,000 miles.......but dummy me, I only rotated the tires once or maybe twice......my neglect caused the tires to cup and I could have lived with the somewhat bouncy ride and waiting for them to wear down a little more normal after having them rotated and balanced but my foreman needed new tires on his older Ford f-150 and they were the same size as mine so I used that as an excuse to buy new/better tires......LOVE the Falken Wildpeaks!......and yes, now I'll be rotating them every 4,000 to 5,000 miles with the oil service intervals.......it's a win/win situation......my hard working foreman is happy and I got new tires that look better on my Tremor (and hopefully perform better).

kinda weird as I've changed the oil at 1,000 as a precaution and every 4-5,000 miles since using Amesoil and their oil filter.......and also changed the rear diff fluid change as well using Amesoil again to be hopefully better than the factory fluid and also get rid of any metal bits from the manufacturing process......but totally spaced out on the tire rotation and balance......duh!!.....

Last edited:

hookem57

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Driver
Hey all,

Brand new to the Ranger world after owning over 12 different Taco's........I've owned all 3 gens of the Tacos and loved the 1st gen for its size and the 2nd gen for its power and built proof engine.......but I couldn't live with the 3rd gen as the motor/tranny combo is horrible IMO!......after 6 months of driving a 2019 Taco TRD OR 4x4 I couldn't take it anymore (No low end power/torque) and sold it and bought a 2012 Taco TRD Sport 2wd........ anyway, after a year of driving the 2012 2wd Taco sport I thought it was time to test drive a Ranger......

I knew I wanted a Lariat because I HAD to have LED headlights and the pushbutton start......and of course this time I had to also have 4x4......not because I needed it or even use it that often but because I wanted it......just in case I want to crawl the mall....LOL

anyway, I saw a 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor and knew it was for me.....it looked bada$$ and had the nice touches I wanted.......the stance, the bigger offroad tires that I didn't need to upgrade right away like on the Taco......loved the built-in aux switches.....keyless entry by just touching the door handle to unlock and lock.......push button start.......and of course it seemed just as capable off road as the Taco TRD PRO.......anyway 4 hours later I signed the papers and brought it home!

Yes I paid $1,000 over MSRP which I hate to admit but it was in stock and was exactly what I wanted and they gave me top $$$ for my 2012 Taco trade in.......and yes it was listed at $5k OVER msrp so I had to haggle to get it down to what I paid......and my interest rate through Ford is .9% for 4 years and my payment is exactly $500 a month........so yes I added cash in the down payment but overall I am happy with the transaction.

Here's my 1 month review and list of mods......LOVE the bada$$ look/feel/exclusiveness of the truck especially because it's a Lariat Tremor........drives great in everyday commuting........shocks are firm yet super easy to live with and give enough to feel the road.......the seats with the Tremor logo feel super comfy and the position is right.......drives great once you get past the slight turbo lag which I wasn't used to.....the interior feels nice and well thought out and like quality........and I'm real surprised why all the online reviews call the Ranger interior "old, dated and cheap plastic"??!!....It's just as nice as my previous 2019 Taco TRD OR.......even better actually because those seats were cloth and no power! The B&O stereo sounds awesome and the Navigation through my android phone app works great! I find the ambiant lighting pretty cool as well....give a nice touch to the interior at night.

Here's what I don't like but are NOT big issues.......no memory seats!....my son's 2006 Lexus has memory seats.......come on Ford!....I have to tape over the switches at the carwash so those guys don't move the seats even though I always tell them not too.......I hate that the recirculating button kicks off automatically......I don't like smelling exhaust from other cars or outdoor cigarette smoke......is there a work around for this??.......I wish the rear headrests folded down to allow better viewing out the rear window.....and more tie downs/cubby space in the bed would be good.......although I just haul around a folding ladder and brochures and samples as I'm a contractor and do mainly the sales and misc dropping off of materials to the jobsite. Overall this truck is far superior to the TACO hands down!!....I will NEVER buy a Taco again unless they change the stupid 3.5L motor and 6 speed trans as they are the worst for everyday driving..........I'm sure the Taco fan boys will argue this.......and no way to add more hp in the Taco! I more thing about the Ranger.....having to turn off the "auto start/stop" feature every time I start the truck is annoying but at least it has the manual override feature.

OK, here's my mod list:

1. spray in bedliner....did this on day 2 of owning it. Spray On Truck Bedliners (bedlinersplus.com)
2. bed mat......ordered a mat through RealTruck.com.......why doesn't Ford make an OEM mat??! 2021 Ford Ranger Gator Rubber Truck Bed Mat | RealTruck
3. Folding Bed cover.....I had a Uncover Ultra Flex before and loved it!.....Called RealTruck.com and asked for a discount......it worked! 2021 Ford Ranger UnderCover Ultra Flex Tonneau Cover | RealTruck
4. 1" front level/lift spacer.......found this on here and it works/look fantastic! 1” Tremor level lift 2021-2022 (also fits all other 2019-22 Ford ranger models) (fordrangerlifts.com)
5. Red front tow hooks.......have to do it to match the grill..... Ranger 2019-2021 Red Pair of Tow Hooks ~ M18954RA (ford.com)
6. Ford Performance tune......This tune rocks and yes I can feel the difference!!......BUT......my mechanic installed it and I'm not sure he's ASE or Red Seal certified......does this mean my warranty is void??.....why does it HAVE to be installed by Ford or an ASE/Red Seal mechanic??!!....it's so easy anyone can do it and why would Ford void the warranty if I installed it?????....... Ranger 2019-2021 EcoBoost Power Pack Performance Calibration ~ M9603REB (ford.com)
7. Off road LED lights.......come on, every off road truck needs LED lights even if it's just for looks!!...LOL......these are SUPER bright and fit like OEM and are easy to install! Amazon.com: Diode Dynamics Stage Series LED Lightbar Kit compatible with Ford Ranger 2019-2021, SS6 White Driving : Automotive

There you have it......loving my new Tremor!!!....Opps, almost forgot........the gas tank seems small OR I drive like a madman and have to fill up all the time!!...LOL

20211021_133201.jpg

20211027_102637.jpg

20211031_115710.jpg

20211031_115913.jpg

20211109_194844_resized.jpg

20211127_192723_resized.jpg
I got the rubber mat from Ford. Ranger is stamped in it. Fits perfect. Nice truck.

DrPep

First Name
Pepijn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST, VW Golf, Ranger, Indian Scout, Beta RRS
Occupation
Research
Hey all,

Brand new to the Ranger world after owning over 12 different Taco's........I've owned all 3 gens of the Tacos and loved the 1st gen for its size and the 2nd gen for its power and built proof engine.......but I couldn't live with the 3rd gen as the motor/tranny combo is horrible IMO!......after 6 months of driving a 2019 Taco TRD OR 4x4 I couldn't take it anymore (No low end power/torque) and sold it and bought a 2012 Taco TRD Sport 2wd........ anyway, after a year of driving the 2012 2wd Taco sport I thought it was time to test drive a Ranger......

I knew I wanted a Lariat because I HAD to have LED headlights and the pushbutton start......and of course this time I had to also have 4x4......not because I needed it or even use it that often but because I wanted it......just in case I want to crawl the mall....LOL

anyway, I saw a 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor and knew it was for me.....it looked bada$$ and had the nice touches I wanted.......the stance, the bigger offroad tires that I didn't need to upgrade right away like on the Taco......loved the built-in aux switches.....keyless entry by just touching the door handle to unlock and lock.......push button start.......and of course it seemed just as capable off road as the Taco TRD PRO.......anyway 4 hours later I signed the papers and brought it home!

Yes I paid $1,000 over MSRP which I hate to admit but it was in stock and was exactly what I wanted and they gave me top $$$ for my 2012 Taco trade in.......and yes it was listed at $5k OVER msrp so I had to haggle to get it down to what I paid......and my interest rate through Ford is .9% for 4 years and my payment is exactly $500 a month........so yes I added cash in the down payment but overall I am happy with the transaction.

Here's my 1 month review and list of mods......LOVE the bada$$ look/feel/exclusiveness of the truck especially because it's a Lariat Tremor........drives great in everyday commuting........shocks are firm yet super easy to live with and give enough to feel the road.......the seats with the Tremor logo feel super comfy and the position is right.......drives great once you get past the slight turbo lag which I wasn't used to.....the interior feels nice and well thought out and like quality........and I'm real surprised why all the online reviews call the Ranger interior "old, dated and cheap plastic"??!!....It's just as nice as my previous 2019 Taco TRD OR.......even better actually because those seats were cloth and no power! The B&O stereo sounds awesome and the Navigation through my android phone app works great! I find the ambiant lighting pretty cool as well....give a nice touch to the interior at night.

Here's what I don't like but are NOT big issues.......no memory seats!....my son's 2006 Lexus has memory seats.......come on Ford!....I have to tape over the switches at the carwash so those guys don't move the seats even though I always tell them not too.......I hate that the recirculating button kicks off automatically......I don't like smelling exhaust from other cars or outdoor cigarette smoke......is there a work around for this??.......I wish the rear headrests folded down to allow better viewing out the rear window.....and more tie downs/cubby space in the bed would be good.......although I just haul around a folding ladder and brochures and samples as I'm a contractor and do mainly the sales and misc dropping off of materials to the jobsite. Overall this truck is far superior to the TACO hands down!!....I will NEVER buy a Taco again unless they change the stupid 3.5L motor and 6 speed trans as they are the worst for everyday driving..........I'm sure the Taco fan boys will argue this.......and no way to add more hp in the Taco! I more thing about the Ranger.....having to turn off the "auto start/stop" feature every time I start the truck is annoying but at least it has the manual override feature.

OK, here's my mod list:

1. spray in bedliner....did this on day 2 of owning it. Spray On Truck Bedliners (bedlinersplus.com)
2. bed mat......ordered a mat through RealTruck.com.......why doesn't Ford make an OEM mat??! 2021 Ford Ranger Gator Rubber Truck Bed Mat | RealTruck
3. Folding Bed cover.....I had a Uncover Ultra Flex before and loved it!.....Called RealTruck.com and asked for a discount......it worked! 2021 Ford Ranger UnderCover Ultra Flex Tonneau Cover | RealTruck
4. 1" front level/lift spacer.......found this on here and it works/look fantastic! 1” Tremor level lift 2021-2022 (also fits all other 2019-22 Ford ranger models) (fordrangerlifts.com)
5. Red front tow hooks.......have to do it to match the grill..... Ranger 2019-2021 Red Pair of Tow Hooks ~ M18954RA (ford.com)
6. Ford Performance tune......This tune rocks and yes I can feel the difference!!......BUT......my mechanic installed it and I'm not sure he's ASE or Red Seal certified......does this mean my warranty is void??.....why does it HAVE to be installed by Ford or an ASE/Red Seal mechanic??!!....it's so easy anyone can do it and why would Ford void the warranty if I installed it?????....... Ranger 2019-2021 EcoBoost Power Pack Performance Calibration ~ M9603REB (ford.com)
7. Off road LED lights.......come on, every off road truck needs LED lights even if it's just for looks!!...LOL......these are SUPER bright and fit like OEM and are easy to install! Amazon.com: Diode Dynamics Stage Series LED Lightbar Kit compatible with Ford Ranger 2019-2021, SS6 White Driving : Automotive

There you have it......loving my new Tremor!!!....Opps, almost forgot........the gas tank seems small OR I drive like a madman and have to fill up all the time!!...LOL

20211021_133201.jpg

20211027_102637.jpg

20211031_115710.jpg

20211031_115913.jpg

20211109_194844_resized.jpg

20211127_192723_resized.jpg
Funnily enough your mod list is very similar to mine. Some other ideas for you:

- Molle panels for the bed, really helps with storage. I got them from Built Right industries.

- Rock sliders instead of those steps. I actually liked the steps but decided they had to go after the first Jeep trail I was on. Hot Metal Fab out of Sacramento are a good company for that.

Enjoy!

CAB

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Tremor 301A; 2021 Lincoln Nautilus
Occupation
Insurance Adjuster
My Tremor just turned 17,000 miles.......but dummy me, I only rotated the tires once or maybe twice......my neglect caused the tires to cup and I could have lived with the somewhat bouncy ride and waiting for them to wear down a little more normal after having them rotated and balanced but my foreman needed new tires on his older Ford f-150 and they were the same size as mine so I used that as an excuse to buy new/better tires......LOVE the Falken Wildpeaks!......and yes, now I'll be rotating them every 4,000 to 5,000 miles with the oil service intervals.......it's a win/win situation......my hard working foreman is happy and I got new tires that look better on my Tremor (and hopefully perform better).

kinda weird as I've changed the oil at 1,000 as a precaution and every 4-5,000 miles since using Amesoil and their oil filter.......and also changed the rear diff fluid change as well using Amesoil again to be hopefully better than the factory fluid and also get rid of any metal bits from the manufacturing process......but totally spaced out on the tire rotation and balance......duh!!.....
I was glad to find your post and comment on your tires cupping. I just turned 18,000 miles as well. I have rotated the tires at least twice and two of my Generals were cupped or scalloped on the outside lugs. Horrible road noise. Had them re-balanced and both required a significant amount of weight. Although I have plenty of tread left, the tire noise and vibration is more than I can stand. I’ll likely have to purchase a new set of tires as well.

OP
OP
Jackpot Tremor

Jackpot Tremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self Employed
I was glad to find your post and comment on your tires cupping. I just turned 18,000 miles as well. I have rotated the tires at least twice and two of my Generals were cupped or scalloped on the outside lugs. Horrible road noise. Had them re-balanced and both required a significant amount of weight. Although I have plenty of tread left, the tire noise and vibration is more than I can stand. I’ll likely have to purchase a new set of tires as well.

yeah, the General Grabbers were an OK tire at best.....they had good reviews but I expected better and especially because I only use them as "street" tires as I never truly off road....just dirt or gravel fire roads.......but I LOVE the Falken Wildpeaks......they ride smooth and don't pick up rocks on some of the gravel/dirt roads I'm on and they look bad-ass!.......I'm at almost 19,000 miles now so I'll wait until about 20,000 to rotate them as I'm going to change the OEM spark plugs at the same time.....just as a precaution and because I hear the tune causes the spark plugs to wear much faster.....I ordered the Motorcraft SP-578 from Amazon even though they have been discounted (I hope they ship the right ones) and I'll have them gapped at .30 as that is what Stage 3 recommends

Discontinued
Highlights:
  • Full set of four OEM iridium spark plugs
  • Helps fix idle issues and spark blowout
  • Built with high-quality iridium tips
  • More resistant to fouling, blowout, and wear
  • Perfect for both tuned and stock Rangers
  • Gap for tuned trucks: .028-.030"
  • Gap for stock trucks: .030-.032"
I'm also going to drain and refill the trans using Amesoil and do another oil change using Amesoil as well.......I drive like I stole it and want this beast to last!.......this will be my 4th oil change once I do it around the 20,000 mark and I've already did the rear diff drain and refill with Amesoil.....I trust Amesoil products the most and even use their oil filter.

Now that I've seen the new "weak" 6G Ranger options I realize that my 2021 Lariat Tremor with all the mods is almost a unicorn and want to keep it in great shape as long as I can!
Sponsored