Loving my new Lariat Tremor & Modding it up already!

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
It was actually my Hydraulic Control Unit & right after they fixed that, my Powertrain Control Module went bad. Only had to pay for the HCU as the PCM was covered under warranty. Thankfully, was still within the timeframe to purchase the extended warranty for any future problems.
Since you plan on keeping your Ranger a long time, I think you made a smart move. Hopefully, you’ll never need it, but it’ll be great to not have to pay out thousands of dollars if something goes wrong.:clap:
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jackpot Tremor

Jackpot Tremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor 4x4
Occupation
Self Employed
It was actually my Hydraulic Control Unit & right after they fixed that, my Powertrain Control Module went bad. Only had to pay for the HCU as the PCM was covered under warranty. Thankfully, was still within the timeframe to purchase the extended warranty for any future problems.
Since you plan on keeping your Ranger a long time, I think you made a smart move. Hopefully, you’ll never need it, but it’ll be great to not have to pay out thousands of dollars if something goes wrong.:clap:

that sucks that you've had a couple of "bad luck" items! No manufacture is perfect and yes shit happens but overall I think these Rangers rock and are a solid truck!.....but, I've never had a turbo and never had a truck with so many "features" that could go bad........again I'm sorry you've had issues but you inspired me to get the extended warranty and for me it's worth it for the piece of mind!......it was $1,250 through Flood Ford AFTER using my Ford Pass points (6 years, 125,000 miles) and another $150 for the lighting package that I added after about a week because that was another thing that made me nervous......so $1,400 total on a $50,000 truck for piece of mind is no a bad deal IMO!

Glad you're here to bring your insight and your positive attitude....so thanks!

OP
OP
Jackpot Tremor

Jackpot Tremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self Employed
I spot a stubby antenna missing from your list :like:

good eye!...I think I mentioned it on post #11 of this tread........I never listen to regular radio so I can't tell you how well it works but Sirus XM works great and sounds great with the B&O!

OP
OP
Jackpot Tremor

Jackpot Tremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self Employed
ok, time for an update.......it's been 6 months and almost 7,000 miles since I bought my Lariat Tremor and I can honestly say that I love it more and more every day!

I loaded up the back with about 1,200 lbs of roofing shingles (I'm a roofing contractor) and other misc and used the tow/haul mode for the first time and it hauled it with ease. Didn't really even sag at all in the rear and shifted quick and easy.......Now I can say I've used it for work!....LOL

Can't get over how freaking awesome this truck looks and I'm glad I got one when I did!......I'm NOT a fan of the upcoming 6th gen judging just by the looks.....

20220408_114945.jpg

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
ok, time for an update.......it's been 6 months and almost 7,000 miles since I bought my Lariat Tremor and I can honestly say that I love it more and more every day!

I loaded up the back with about 1,200 lbs of roofing shingles (I'm a roofing contractor) and other misc and used the tow/haul mode for the first time and it hauled it with ease. Didn't really even sag at all in the rear and shifted quick and easy.......Now I can say I've used it for work!....LOL

Can't get over how freaking awesome this truck looks and I'm glad I got one when I did!......I'm NOT a fan of the upcoming 6th gen judging just by the looks.....

20220408_114945.jpg
I agree. This is one capable truck. And I will admit I am slightly biased, but this plenty of truck for most people. Drives great, rides nice and it fits in my garage. And, damn fun to spend money on??‍♂

OP
OP
Jackpot Tremor

Jackpot Tremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self Employed
To damper, or not to damper
That is the question

I'm still waiting for the limited edition "tremor" version of the damper!......it should have red accents, maybe a separate reservoir for extra smooth opening........and should have a "market adjustment" so I can pay over MSRP!.......when can I order one @AzScorpion ??!!

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I'm still waiting for the limited edition "tremor" version of the damper!......it should have red accents, maybe a separate reservoir for extra smooth opening........and should have a "market adjustment" so I can pay over MSRP!.......when can I order one @AzScorpion ??!!
I'll get right on it! ?

OregonRangerTremor

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 ChargerDaytona
Occupation
Retired LEO/Dog Trainer
Vehicle Showcase
Looks great and it appears you are enjoying the heck out of it! Question: On the DD light bars in the bumper, for install....where did you run the wires? Did you remove that flat black piece of plastic/under the hood/along the top back side of the grill to gain better access to feed wires? Thanks. I have them on order as well.
Yes....remove that large flat black plastic piece. Also, behind each headlight is a downward void that goes down to the two hooks. Remove the rubber boot around the tow hooks. Start at the battery and feed your driver's side wire down that void to the tow hook area, take the wire that goes to the passenger side, lay it across the front top (under where that plastic piece goes) and run it down behind the passenger side headlight to the tow hook area. Pull enough wire downward to get to the mounting locations. From the tow hooks you can feed the wires across to the mounting locations. When all mounted down there, reinstall the rubber boots on the tow hooks. That little relay box has a mounting bracket. You can install it anywhere, I placed it under the plastic void area. Zip tie it all in place. Connect the negative to the battery. Red wire goes to the upfitter switch wire that you select. If you do not have upfitter switches then it proceeds into the cab with a switch that you need to mount. Reinstall the black plastic piece after all testing. By the way, those push pins in the plastic piece are not just pull out or pry out. They are reusable. Use a tiny screw driver and pop out the center piece and then the entire pin comes out. Install was actually easy. Those voids behind the headlights were very helpful (to get the wires down through that void; I taped the cable end to a long dowel and pushed it down through the void to the ground below).

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
OK, I bought my Lariat Tremor on Oct. 17, 2021 and even with the .9% interest rate I hated having payments......sooooo, I just went ahead and PAID IT OFF!!....can I get a "Hell Yeah"?!!

Hell yeah, Bill!

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Hell yeah, Bill!
You got the name right! :party:?

OK, I bought my Lariat Tremor on Oct. 17, 2021 and even with the .9% interest rate I hated having payments......sooooo, I just went ahead and PAID IT OFF!!....can I get a "Hell Yeah"?!!

Congrat's on paying it off Bill!! :like:

I had no reason to pay mine off as it's at 0%. With only $6,200 left on it so I'm enjoying the free money for now. Plus I make more investing the money which in return the dividends pay for my ranger. :wink:
Sponsored