Loving my new Lariat Tremor & Modding it up already!

Jackpot Tremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor 4x4
Occupation
Self Employed
Hey all,

Brand new to the Ranger world after owning over 12 different Taco's........I've owned all 3 gens of the Tacos and loved the 1st gen for its size and the 2nd gen for its power and built proof engine.......but I couldn't live with the 3rd gen as the motor/tranny combo is horrible IMO!......after 6 months of driving a 2019 Taco TRD OR 4x4 I couldn't take it anymore (No low end power/torque) and sold it and bought a 2012 Taco TRD Sport 2wd........ anyway, after a year of driving the 2012 2wd Taco sport I thought it was time to test drive a Ranger......

I knew I wanted a Lariat because I HAD to have LED headlights and the pushbutton start......and of course this time I had to also have 4x4......not because I needed it or even use it that often but because I wanted it......just in case I want to crawl the mall....LOL

anyway, I saw a 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor and knew it was for me.....it looked bada$$ and had the nice touches I wanted.......the stance, the bigger offroad tires that I didn't need to upgrade right away like on the Taco......loved the built-in aux switches.....keyless entry by just touching the door handle to unlock and lock.......push button start.......and of course it seemed just as capable off road as the Taco TRD PRO.......anyway 4 hours later I signed the papers and brought it home!

Yes I paid $1,000 over MSRP which I hate to admit but it was in stock and was exactly what I wanted and they gave me top $$$ for my 2012 Taco trade in.......and yes it was listed at $5k OVER msrp so I had to haggle to get it down to what I paid......and my interest rate through Ford is .9% for 4 years and my payment is exactly $500 a month........so yes I added cash in the down payment but overall I am happy with the transaction.

Here's my 1 month review and list of mods......LOVE the bada$$ look/feel/exclusiveness of the truck especially because it's a Lariat Tremor........drives great in everyday commuting........shocks are firm yet super easy to live with and give enough to feel the road.......the seats with the Tremor logo feel super comfy and the position is right.......drives great once you get past the slight turbo lag which I wasn't used to.....the interior feels nice and well thought out and like quality........and I'm real surprised why all the online reviews call the Ranger interior "old, dated and cheap plastic"??!!....It's just as nice as my previous 2019 Taco TRD OR.......even better actually because those seats were cloth and no power! The B&O stereo sounds awesome and the Navigation through my android phone app works great! I find the ambiant lighting pretty cool as well....give a nice touch to the interior at night.

Here's what I don't like but are NOT big issues.......no memory seats!....my son's 2006 Lexus has memory seats.......come on Ford!....I have to tape over the switches at the carwash so those guys don't move the seats even though I always tell them not too.......I hate that the recirculating button kicks off automatically......I don't like smelling exhaust from other cars or outdoor cigarette smoke......is there a work around for this??.......I wish the rear headrests folded down to allow better viewing out the rear window.....and more tie downs/cubby space in the bed would be good.......although I just haul around a folding ladder and brochures and samples as I'm a contractor and do mainly the sales and misc dropping off of materials to the jobsite. Overall this truck is far superior to the TACO hands down!!....I will NEVER buy a Taco again unless they change the stupid 3.5L motor and 6 speed trans as they are the worst for everyday driving..........I'm sure the Taco fan boys will argue this.......and no way to add more hp in the Taco! I more thing about the Ranger.....having to turn off the "auto start/stop" feature every time I start the truck is annoying but at least it has the manual override feature.

OK, here's my mod list:

1. spray in bedliner....did this on day 2 of owning it. Spray On Truck Bedliners (bedlinersplus.com)
2. bed mat......ordered a mat through RealTruck.com.......why doesn't Ford make an OEM mat??! 2021 Ford Ranger Gator Rubber Truck Bed Mat | RealTruck
3. Folding Bed cover.....I had a Uncover Ultra Flex before and loved it!.....Called RealTruck.com and asked for a discount......it worked! 2021 Ford Ranger UnderCover Ultra Flex Tonneau Cover | RealTruck
4. 1" front level/lift spacer.......found this on here and it works/look fantastic! 1” Tremor level lift 2021-2022 (also fits all other 2019-22 Ford ranger models) (fordrangerlifts.com)
5. Red front tow hooks.......have to do it to match the grill..... Ranger 2019-2021 Red Pair of Tow Hooks ~ M18954RA (ford.com)
6. Ford Performance tune......This tune rocks and yes I can feel the difference!!......BUT......my mechanic installed it and I'm not sure he's ASE or Red Seal certified......does this mean my warranty is void??.....why does it HAVE to be installed by Ford or an ASE/Red Seal mechanic??!!....it's so easy anyone can do it and why would Ford void the warranty if I installed it?????....... Ranger 2019-2021 EcoBoost Power Pack Performance Calibration ~ M9603REB (ford.com)
7. Off road LED lights.......come on, every off road truck needs LED lights even if it's just for looks!!...LOL......these are SUPER bright and fit like OEM and are easy to install! Amazon.com: Diode Dynamics Stage Series LED Lightbar Kit compatible with Ford Ranger 2019-2021, SS6 White Driving : Automotive

There you have it......loving my new Tremor!!!....Opps, almost forgot........the gas tank seems small OR I drive like a madman and have to fill up all the time!!...LOL

20211021_133201.jpg

20211027_102637.jpg

20211031_115710.jpg

20211031_115913.jpg

20211109_194844_resized.jpg

20211127_192723_resized.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ranger_Pawl

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Supercab
Occupation
- Draftsman
Modifications? Nobody around here does any. You're gonna have to look elsewhere for encouragement to do modifications to your truck.

?

Great choice with the Tremor. I see you have the FP tune. I love mine. You're in my old stomping grounds. I spent 2 years at MCAS El Toro in the early 80's. You should be able to find some good places to test out your Tremor in SoCal. Enjoy!

C141B FE

First Name
Darron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Retired Engineer, AF Veteran
Hey all,

Brand new to the Ranger world after owning over 12 different Taco's........I've owned all 3 gens of the Tacos and loved the 1st gen for its size and the 2nd gen for its power and built proof engine.......but I couldn't live with the 3rd gen as the motor/tranny combo is horrible IMO!......after 6 months of driving a 2019 Taco TRD OR 4x4 I couldn't take it anymore (No low end power/torque) and sold it and bought a 2012 Taco TRD Sport 2wd........ anyway, after a year of driving the 2012 2wd Taco sport I thought it was time to test drive a Ranger......

I knew I wanted a Lariat because I HAD to have LED headlights and the pushbutton start......and of course this time I had to also have 4x4......not because I needed it or even use it that often but because I wanted it......just in case I want to crawl the mall....LOL

anyway, I saw a 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor and knew it was for me.....it looked bada$$ and had the nice touches I wanted.......the stance, the bigger offroad tires that I didn't need to upgrade right away like on the Taco......loved the built-in aux switches.....keyless entry by just touching the door handle to unlock and lock.......push button start.......and of course it seemed just as capable off road as the Taco TRD PRO.......anyway 4 hours later I signed the papers and brought it home!

Yes I paid $1,000 over MSRP which I hate to admit but it was in stock and was exactly what I wanted and they gave me top $$$ for my 2012 Taco trade in.......and yes it was listed at $5k OVER msrp so I had to haggle to get it down to what I paid......and my interest rate through Ford is .9% for 4 years and my payment is exactly $500 a month........so yes I added cash in the down payment but overall I am happy with the transaction.

Here's my 1 month review and list of mods......LOVE the bada$$ look/feel/exclusiveness of the truck especially because it's a Lariat Tremor........drives great in everyday commuting........shocks are firm yet super easy to live with and give enough to feel the road.......the seats with the Tremor logo feel super comfy and the position is right.......drives great once you get past the slight turbo lag which I wasn't used to.....the interior feels nice and well thought out and like quality........and I'm real surprised why all the online reviews call the Ranger interior "old, dated and cheap plastic"??!!....It's just as nice as my previous 2019 Taco TRD OR.......even better actually because those seats were cloth and no power! The B&O stereo sounds awesome and the Navigation through my android phone app works great! I find the ambiant lighting pretty cool as well....give a nice touch to the interior at night.

Here's what I don't like but are NOT big issues.......no memory seats!....my son's 2006 Lexus has memory seats.......come on Ford!....I have to tape over the switches at the carwash so those guys don't move the seats even though I always tell them not too.......I hate that the recirculating button kicks off automatically......I don't like smelling exhaust from other cars or outdoor cigarette smoke......is there a work around for this??.......I wish the rear headrests folded down to allow better viewing out the rear window.....and more tie downs/cubby space in the bed would be good.......although I just haul around a folding ladder and brochures and samples as I'm a contractor and do mainly the sales and misc dropping off of materials to the jobsite. Overall this truck is far superior to the TACO hands down!!....I will NEVER buy a Taco again unless they change the stupid 3.5L motor and 6 speed trans as they are the worst for everyday driving..........I'm sure the Taco fan boys will argue this.......and no way to add more hp in the Taco! I more thing about the Ranger.....having to turn off the "auto start/stop" feature every time I start the truck is annoying but at least it has the manual override feature.

OK, here's my mod list:

1. spray in bedliner....did this on day 2 of owning it. Spray On Truck Bedliners (bedlinersplus.com)
2. bed mat......ordered a mat through RealTruck.com.......why doesn't Ford make an OEM mat??! 2021 Ford Ranger Gator Rubber Truck Bed Mat | RealTruck
3. Folding Bed cover.....I had a Uncover Ultra Flex before and loved it!.....Called RealTruck.com and asked for a discount......it worked! 2021 Ford Ranger UnderCover Ultra Flex Tonneau Cover | RealTruck
4. 1" front level/lift spacer.......found this on here and it works/look fantastic! 1” Tremor level lift 2021-2022 (also fits all other 2019-22 Ford ranger models) (fordrangerlifts.com)
5. Red front tow hooks.......have to do it to match the grill..... Ranger 2019-2021 Red Pair of Tow Hooks ~ M18954RA (ford.com)
6. Ford Performance tune......This tune rocks and yes I can feel the difference!!......BUT......my mechanic installed it and I'm not sure he's ASE or Red Seal certified......does this mean my warranty is void??.....why does it HAVE to be installed by Ford or an ASE/Red Seal mechanic??!!....it's so easy anyone can do it and why would Ford void the warranty if I installed it?????....... Ranger 2019-2021 EcoBoost Power Pack Performance Calibration ~ M9603REB (ford.com)
7. Off road LED lights.......come on, every off road truck needs LED lights even if it's just for looks!!...LOL......these are SUPER bright and fit like OEM and are easy to install! Amazon.com: Diode Dynamics Stage Series LED Lightbar Kit compatible with Ford Ranger 2019-2021, SS6 White Driving : Automotive

There you have it......loving my new Tremor!!!....Opps, almost forgot........the gas tank seems small OR I drive like a madman and have to fill up all the time!!...LOL

20211021_133201.jpg

20211027_102637.jpg

20211031_115710.jpg

20211031_115913.jpg

Nice truck! Congrats Bill!

OregonRangerTremor

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 ChargerDaytona
Occupation
Retired LEO/Dog Trainer
Vehicle Showcase
Hey all,

OK, here's my mod list:

20211021_133201.jpg

20211027_102637.jpg

20211031_115710.jpg

20211031_115913.jpg

Looks great and it appears you are enjoying the heck out of it! Question: On the DD light bars in the bumper, for install....where did you run the wires? Did you remove that flat black piece of plastic/under the hood/along the top back side of the grill to gain better access to feed wires? Thanks. I have them on order as well.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Welcome to the looney bin Bill!! You'll find a wealth of info here and sometimes it's best to use Google and reference Ranger5G in your search as this search bar isn't always the best for results.

There are many of us who also dumped out Tacos (myself included with a '16) and like you would never go back to that horrible drivetrain and seating position!

As far as Mods go you're in the right place. Hold on to your checkbook though they've been known to disappear once you sign up here. :curse:

Oh there's one more Mod you forgot on your list that I can help you with. ?

https://www.stage3motorsports.com/dz43206-2019-2020-ford-ranger-deezee-tailgate-assist.html

OP
OP
Jackpot Tremor

Jackpot Tremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self Employed
Looks great and it appears you are enjoying the heck out of it! Question: On the DD light bars in the bumper, for install....where did you run the wires? Did you remove that flat black piece of plastic/under the hood/along the top back side of the grill to gain better access to feed wires? Thanks. I have them on order as well.

I wish I had an answer for you......I paid my trusted mechanic to do all the work......it's wired into the first uplifter aux switch......I'm one of those guys who wants something but pays the professional to install it right.....it's sad but true. I did install the Ultra Flex folding bed cover myself and I'll say it was a pain in the a$$!......especially the side clamps near the back......I installed it, adjusted it, uninstalled it and reinstalled 3 times.......4 hours of my life I'll never get back.......and I broke one of the side prop rod clips so when the drivers side prop rod is NOT in use I have to twist tie it out of the way....LOL.....oh well.......no biggie!

You'll love the DD light bars....they are super bright and I hear the quality is top notch!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jackpot Tremor

Jackpot Tremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self Employed
Welcome to the looney bin Bill!! You'll find a wealth of info here and sometimes it's best to use Google and reference Ranger5G in your search as this search bar isn't always the best for results.

There are many of us who also dumped out Tacos (myself included with a '16) and like you would never go back to that horrible drivetrain and seating position!

As far as Mods go you're in the right place. Hold on to your checkbook though they've been known to disappear once you sign up here. :curse:

Oh there's one more Mod you forgot on your list that I can help you with. ?

https://www.stage3motorsports.com/dz43206-2019-2020-ford-ranger-deezee-tailgate-assist.html

Thanks and I'm sure the members here will help me empty out my bank account on my Tremor!........believe it or not I don't really care this truck doesn't have a dampened tailgate.......why is that a big deal?!....it's light enough so no biggie.

I also did get the center console organizer Amazon.com: Vesul Center Console Organizer Storage Tray Fit for Ford Ranger 2019 2020 2021 Armrest Box ABS Tray Insert Organizer Glove Pallet : Automotive .......and the cravenspeed stubby antenna Amazon.com: CravenSpeed Stubby Jr Antenna Compatible with Ford Ranger 2019-2022 | 2 Inches : Electronics

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Thanks and I'm sure the members here will help me empty out my bank account on my Tremor!........

believe it or not I don't really care this truck doesn't have a dampened tailgate.......why is that a big deal?!....it's light enough so no biggie.

I also did get the center console organizer Amazon.com: Vesul Center Console Organizer Storage Tray Fit for Ford Ranger 2019 2020 2021 Armrest Box ABS Tray Insert Organizer Glove Pallet : Automotive .......and the cravenspeed stubby antenna Amazon.com: CravenSpeed Stubby Jr Antenna Compatible with Ford Ranger 2019-2022 | 2 Inches : Electronics
I'm going to pretend I didn't see this. o_O:shock:

No it's not heavy at all but it's just been a joke on here since it first came out. It's more for convenience and not letting the tailgate slam down. Some like myself are in and out of the bed many times during the day and if your hands are full it's nice to be able to grab the latch with one finger and let it fall without crashing down. Plus there's other secret benefits and you get a free t shirt for going the club. ?

rydfree

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Super crew Lariet - Mercedes GLK
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome and great choice . I really wish one of the dealers here would have had a Tremor on the lot or could have told me when I would have gotten an order back in Sept when I needed a truck . I probably wouldn't have balked at $1k ADM and saved more than that in modding my FX4 . lol.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Thanks and I'm sure the members here will help me empty out my bank account on my Tremor!........believe it or not I don't really care this truck doesn't have a dampened tailgate.......why is that a big deal?!....it's light enough so no biggie.
Welcome to the resistance!

I'm going to pretend I didn't see this. o_O:shock:

No it's not heavy at all but it's just been a joke on here since it first came out. It's more for convenience and not letting the tailgate slam down. Some like myself are in and out of the bed many times during the day and if your hands are full it's nice to be able to grab the latch with one finger and let it fall without crashing down. Plus there's other secret benefits and you get a free t shirt for going the club. ?
Everybody understands you're gonna try and get the new guys to sell their soul. At least be honest about it.

It's a "virtual t-shirt." Whatever good that is.

And Dave's damper use has atrophied his muscles to the point he can no longer hand polish his beautiful truck!

That damper should come with a Surgeon General's warning.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Welcome to the resistance!

Everybody understands you're gonna try and get the new guys to sell their soul. At least be honest about it.

It's a "virtual t-shirt." Whatever good that is.

And Dave's damper use has atrophied his muscles to the point he can no longer hand polish his beautiful truck!

That damper should come with a Surgeon General's warning.
Not sure what's so dishonest?

It's a joke. ?

Still enough muscle to detail, no worries yet. :muscle:

It does come with a Surgeon General's warning. ?

surgeons_general_warning_its_ok_to_smoke_v8s_bumper_sticker-r1e9eca7bf72a4f39a4134d63653efbea_...jpg
Sponsored