More cost cutting, or just stupid design? (Bed Drainage idiocy)

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I was going to say something about the stuff you miss while you’re at work but I guess nothing gets by you. ?
Some things do but not much. ?

Eyes.gif
Sponsored

onemanlan

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger LTX
Occupation
Reseracher
v
Some things do but not much. ?

Eyes.gif
I read the first 3 pages and the skipped to the last. Holy sh*t it devolved so quickly.

OP if you don't like it you can

1) Live with it
2) Fabricate a solution & install
3) get a new truck that meets your satisfaction in that department.

Not to be a dick or anything, but those are the choices at present if you're unhappy. Which do you think is best?

Seriously, I just got this by email - I wonder what this guy is looking for...

68D2BFCE-61C5-4284-9B10-BF0AD37AFBC8.jpeg
Presumably hes looking at nasty ice around the drive shaft while thinking to himself, 'That's normal. Ok, next.... What am I going to eat for lunch today? What am I going to do after work? Is Lacy going to find out about the cheating today? Is she talking to Cindy? That sh*t stirrer Cindy! She's gonna tell!... Oh shit, the kids! I gotta get the kids from practice! Today is my day! F*ck, what step am I on? Definitely 3 of 6 bolts on this front right wheel and then the left. Better just finish up & get to lunch! Think about how I'm going to get across town quick enough to get to my guy & then the kids.'

fin.

Last edited:

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
If the op were to lube the shaft the liquid would disburse quickly. Problem solved. ur welcome.
That doesn't solve the problem, it causes another. When I lube my shaft, liquid does disburse, but it's too quick.

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
To be fair, while in principle you should be able to get warranty work done at any dealership, I've heard that dealerships are really resentful of doing warranty work on vehicles they didn't sell and will try to weasel out of it. They'd probably be extra resentful if they had someone who was trying to warranty really stupid and nitpicky stuff that Ford would never approve.

If anyone has a legitimate warranty-covered repair that needs done and a Ford Authorized Dealer is trying to say that you have to go to the selling dealer to get service done, call Ford Customer Service with the complaint. Things will get resolved real quick.
I posted somewhere something similar. The dealer where I service my truck inferred that they do not like to repair vehicles from another dealer, but they would not turn anyone away. You would just get low priority vs someone that purchased from that dealer.

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
Yeah, I don't understand it either, money is money. They should be happy to get the work and form a relationship to gain a repeat customer.
In our business of fabrication, we will build whatever you want (within our capabilities) for whoever wants it. Just give me a good set of drawings and we will get it done. Hell, you want it gold plated, we will do that do as long as you are paying.

VTRanger

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT SuperCrew
its sad now....wings are running about $12 a pound locally......

back then, at $0.10 each that would be a platter of 120 wings for that price.
When I was in college (a long long time ago) there was a local bar that had $0.25 wings and dollar drafts. These days, up here in VT, a half dozen wings is like $10 and they suck.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I posted somewhere something similar. The dealer where I service my truck inferred that they do not like to repair vehicles from another dealer, but they would not turn anyone away. You would just get low priority vs someone that purchased from that dealer.
this kind of thing just irks me. At least this dealer doesn't turn anyone away, but sounds like they put you to "the back of the bus" like Rosa.
the world is shifting to everyone being equal.
regardless of a multitude of differences we should all be treated the same, even on the simplistic level of where we bought a vehicle. It shouldn't matter.

For any dealership that carries this attitude, it shows they are behind in the times and are clueless.
But it is fair that they take their customers who bought form them initially. They received the sale and commission from them where the other didn't. They might even have a good relationship with this past customer where family and friends buy and bring theirs in for service. I don't think they should turn them away but I don't see a problem with them prioritizing their customers. I expect to be put at the back of the line if/when my new Jeep needs service here. I didn't buy it from them (bought in IA) and I have no problem if they service someone else before me who did. This is of course if we both are trying to make appointments at the same time. Bumping someone out of line is another story.

Also, I do the same. If I have two people call me and one is a repeat customer you bet I'm taking them first before the new one. They've been a good repeat customer and I don't want to lose them or their referrals. If the other can't wait so be it but they might be a one time customer where the other has given me their business before and I'm not willing to lose that.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
my only argument to this is if there's more work on the roster, you grow the business.

segregating people is bad juju in my mind.

optics of this can be misconstrued in a big way if you're not careful what demographic you're not prioritizing.
Yes I agree not taking someone if there's no work scheduled is just dumb and bad business.

I wouldn't say it's segregating them, just prioritizing your customer over some who didn't buy from you.

Apples

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
Apparently, a few folks here need to go back to college, and retake Marketing 101. Ford has nearly four billion shares outstanding, and every one of those has a stake in whether Ford makes a profit. The same goes for all the rest of the vehicle manufacturers. There is one thing you cannot do, is compare them all to small business!

Ford's (Forbes) ranking is ≈$70.495 billion, and their net worth is ≈$145.258 billion! They didn't get there, but losing money!

And think about this. Of the big three automakers, Ford didn't need a loan from the fed to stay afloat.

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
Every single truck has had this happen to it. All the way from early trucks to late production trucks. Chevy Trucks, Toyota Trucks, Nissan Trucks. You can even look at cars and find that after they were driven, warmed up, and parked that water runs and refreezes in weird places. This just seems like an abomination to you because it is your first time seeing it. But its normal and inconsequential.

Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. Moving on. :yawn:
Sponsored