I’m stupid

Jon54

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Edge Ltd
I raised my rear seat to get something stored under it. Now the seat is locked in the up position, Help
Sponsored

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Pull the black nylon strap
Hi Jon,

In the owner's manual under Seats....

Seats.jpg

seats1.jpg

Owner's manual is not very good, but I recommend you consult and if you need to cure your insomnia, read it cover to cover....

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

MagnetiK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Happened to me awhile back. One side was unnoticeably uneven. Raised the seat and pulled both straps down at same time and unjammed.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Happened to me awhile back. One side was unnoticeably uneven. Raised the seat and pulled both straps down at same time and unjammed.
I've never had to pull both straps at the same time. Just which ever one is closest to the side I'm on. Then only enough to unlatch when lowering, the slam down to latch.

MagnetiK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I've never had to pull both straps at the same time. Just which ever one is closest to the side I'm on. Then only enough to unlatch when lowering, the slam down to latch.
Mine jammed when I lifted it for the first time. Just sharing my experience.

TONTO

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Well Jon54, let me make you feel better. I didn't know the backrest folded down. Well, I pulled up on the strap to fold it down and lo and behold, there's the jack. Now the backrest won't lock back, no matter how much I pull up on the strap. It's like it's closed and when I fold the backrest back towards the upright position it just hit's against the back of the cab and doesn't lock. Anyone else have that issue?

Dahveed

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x4 / 2020 Ford Edge ST-Line
Occupation
Pharmacy Consultant
Well Jon54, let me make you feel better. I didn't know the backrest folded down. Well, I pulled up on the strap to fold it down and lo and behold, there's the jack. Now the backrest won't lock back, no matter how much I pull up on the strap. It's like it's closed and when I fold the backrest back towards the upright position it just hit's against the back of the cab and doesn't lock. Anyone else have that issue?
Ford actually has a TSB on that.
https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/thre...rest-assembly-excessive-latching-effort.9130/

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
My seats have been locked in the up position at least twice, both times if I used the other strap to release it worked.

khoff90

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
You have to give it a good slam to get it to lock back into place. Mine does the same thing.

TONTO

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I put my hand on where the latch is and gave her more of a direct shove than I was from the driver's side and it latched. This forum is a great place to pick up all of the stuff that the dealerships don't tell you about when they are selling you the vehicle.

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
When I bought my Ranger they went through all the TSBs before I took it home, then ordered all the parts needed to fix it right away. I was pretty happy with that, since they fixed the latching upper rear seat.

Anthony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 SCrew
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase
One of my kids pushed the strap at the top of the back seat back into the seat itself. Couldn’t put the seat down for a month until I dug the strap out with some needle nose pliers. :D
Sponsored